The producer of Sub-Mariner has produced 2 Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson movies

BT18

Superhero
Reaction score
I just thought that was a cogent discovery. Kevin Misher, the only non-Marvel-employee listed under the credits as a producer for the Sub-Mariner movie has included in his not-huge resume entrees for The Scorpion King and The Rundown.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! With Mostow maybe Bon Jovi will be Prince Namor. J/K I can't wait for this flick but please...no Rock. Too much of a personality. Likeable guy but not Namor.

Advanced Dark said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! With Mostow maybe Bon Jovi will be Prince Namor. J/K I can't wait for this flick but please...no Rock. Too much of a personality. Likeable guy but not Namor.

I conversely think that would be ace casting. If you've seen the Rock Stare TM you'll know what I mean. The only thing would be to calm his personality down and never let him smile.

the rock would be perfect for this, the guy has the body and he can do his own stunts, doubt he would ask for alot of money. The thing you guys should be worried about is Mostow, that guy did like i great movie and 1 so-so movie and 1 s**ty one.

I'm 50-50 on the Rock. I agree with his look and even the sound of his voice, BUT he wouldn't be my first choice for Namor. And good research BT18

A.J.Rimmer(BSC) said:
I conversely think that would be ace casting. If you've seen the Rock Stare TM you'll know what I mean. The only thing would be to calm his personality down and never let him smile.

Again to me he's a likeable guy and his films are amusing but he's not an actor. He's a perosnality. Namor is supposed to be some decendent from Atlantis who discovers his past in this film. I kind of like that idea if they make the film long enough. It could be real epic. The Rock is just a plastic facade and his fight scenes in films are all slow motion and quick cuts. Let him stick to Doom 2 and Rundown 2. Besides the last thing I want on opening night is a theatre full of wrestling fans raising one eyebrow and screaming at the screen yelling for him to do some wrestling move. ;)

The Rock is not Namor. He doesn't even look like Namor to me. I really hope they go with someone that is known to the public and has acting ability. But please, no Rock.

He's too buff and too recognizable. Namor posseses superstrength, yes, but he's not jacked; he's sleek.
Go with an unknown. :up:

Ronny Shade said:

:up:

Ben Urich said:
He's too buff and too recognizable. Namor posseses superstrength, yes, but he's not jacked; he's sleek.
Go with an unknown. :up:

That's exactly why i can't see him. An unknown or someone we haven't thought of would be fine with me.

Donnie Yen's unkown enough in the states:up:, and he'd bring his kung fu skills to the table. I say go with him

Don't jump to conclusions, folks. Everybody thought Chris Nolan was gonna get Guy Pierce for Batman Begins. The fact that a director & actor have worked together before doesn't mean anything.
Then again, I suspected early that Tim Burton was gonna get Johnny Depp for Willy Wonka.

i hope the film gets under way soon.. and it should be a summer film..

i hope the film gets under way soon.. and it should be a summer film..

Time to post this again?

RockIsNamor.jpg

I'll be honest if the Rock is chosen I won't be upset, but I would rather someone else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but producers have little to nothing to do with casting; directors do.

I like the idea of Donnie Yen more as Namor, but I wouldn't be upset if the Rock got the part provided they tone him down a bit.

Chris Wallace said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but producers have little to nothing to do with casting; directors do.

I'm correcting you, you're wrong.

Ok-what casting decisions have been made by producers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"