Namor the Sub-Mariner

which means we have another Hulk situation. Damnit Universal, so either Disney decides to buy back the rights or they continue to play the game of selective property chess.
We've known this a long time ago.

If Marvel Studios had distribution rights, we would have seen Marvel Studios' Namor probably in phase 2 or 3.

Concept art:

afbbd6541c919284d283aa6fffcc46b2.jpg

a27b15bc09332045159043640904846e.jpg

https://www.thewrap.com/wakanda-forever-namor-spinoff-movie-marvel-rights/

producer Nate Moore confirmed to TheWrap: “He can return” — but Disney won’t be able to produce a standalone movie about the character.

Namor’s situation is similar to Marvel Studios’ deal with Universal for Hulk. Neither can star in his own movie because Universal Pictures has the rights to both characters. And he can’t appear by himself in marketing materials, unless it’s part of a series of posters. We spoke to “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” producer Moore about the situation and he acknowledged that Namor was “borrowed” like the Hulk.

Re-iterating the reason a classic Defenders Film is a must to develop (a return to Savage) Hulk and Namor, done right it's the best vehicle for two of the most sensational and volatile characters in the Marvel U.

729o5m.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.thewrap.com/wakanda-forever-namor-spinoff-movie-marvel-rights/

Re-iterating the reason a classic Defenders Film is a must to develop (a return to Savage) Hulk and Namor, done right it's the best vehicle for two of the most sensational and volatile characters in the Marvel U.
What is the main jist of the Defenders though? Its going to be like Avengers but with a smaller roster and NetfliX Marvel already used that name. Namor is probably going to appear in an Avengers movie because where else would he appear but in that movie, unless they sidelined him as a Black Panther character Wakanda forever.

Pretty much...
7281k5.gif
Avengers in the MCU is basically a huge team up movie with the whos who of the MCU. Infinity War and Endgame didn't really have an Avengers team for eXample.

Thunderbolts (in the MCU) in the other hand are merely supporting characters/anti-heroes/villains coming together. And from what I've read, their description is more clear than Defenders. Defenders imo, don't really have a clear definition, thats why it was easily chosen as the name for NetfliX's Avengers counterpart.

Pretty much...
7281k5.gif
...arrogance.:word:
Haha. Namor and Strange are the height of arrogance. My boy Hulk is fine though lol. Maybe they need Surfer to balance out the team with some galactic humility. Valkyrie can join too but she might not quite so humble. :D

What is the main jist of the Defenders though? Its going to be like Avengers but with a smaller roster and NetfliX Marvel already used that name. Namor is probably going to appear in an Avengers movie because where else would he appear but in that movie, unless they sidelined him as a Black Panther character Wakanda forever.

Namor's got plenty of possible connections. History with the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, the X-men. As king/god of Talokan he's a natural fit for anything involving global superhero politics, which could easily include things like Thunderbolts or any project that includes Dr. Doom or Wakanda, etc. It's just a question of which connections they choose to make use of in the end. (And they are also free to create new ones, anyway - introducing Kang in an Antman movie isn't exactly comics inspired.)

I know his connections with the X-Men and the Fantastic Four as I have mentioned before, but those teams are still years away and haven't been introduced yet in the MCU. Now why should we eXpect him to show up in Marvel Studios' 4 and Marvel Studios' X-Men. Even the possibility of him interacting with those teams (in their own movie), thats possibly a decade away from happening and both teams have a large supporting cast from the comics anyway.

Namor is probably going to appear in an Avengers movie because where else would he appear but in that movie,.
It's more about how much would they appear (as per his rights status (like the Hulk) not able to appear in his own films) someone wanting to see Namor further developed in ernest. He'd go under developed cameoing in the already stacked Avengers, with it's already fixed "end-game".
The point is Defenders being it's own "non-team" but built on a separate events, would be somewhere they could dedicate much more to both characters.

By extension also becomes a good vehicle with room to expand on the more volatile and savage Hulk again, whose become somewhat rebranded (smart Hulk) and tamed, reduced to one not joke appearances in the Avengers franchise.
Defenders allows the two "rights" compromised characters, who deserve to be developed through their own films, to be front and center. As well as explore the funnest most explosive "non-team" dynamic.

72abvn.jpg

Last edited:
Defenders is already taken though, as I've mentioned before. The name was already used by that NetfliX show, which is now streaming only on Disney+.

Mind you, the rumour is that those rights return to Disney next year so maybe it’s a “here and now” thing that they’re referring to.

But if they’re never getting solo films then a Defenders series of films is a must. Netflix show be damned. It was shirt anyway.

Mind you, the rumour is that those rights return to Disney next year so maybe it’s a “here and now” thing that they’re referring to.

But if they’re never getting solo films then a Defenders series of films is a must. Netflix show be damned. It was **** anyway.
Do you mean the rights for just Hulk or for others as well?

Do you mean the rights for just Hulk or for others as well?

The main rumour was that the Hulk rights revert in June 2023, (there are some legal documents which give some credence to this) and after Nate Moore made his comments it was reiterated by people within that leak/rumour arena that not only are the Hulk rights still on track to return, Namor’s rights could return within the next two years as well. Marvel didn’t sell the rights in perpetuity.

The main rumour was that the Hulk rights revert in June 2023, (there are some legal documents which give some credence to this) and after Nate Moore made his comments it was reiterated by people within that leak/rumour arena that not only are the Hulk rights still on track to return, Namor’s rights could return within the next two years as well. Marvel didn’t sell the rights in perpetuity.
Oh great. Hope it’s all true. I remember you telling me about the Hulk rights a month or so ago. Hopefully it’s the case with Namor too as I love this MCU interpretation of him. If the real Defenders ever got announced it would instantly be one of my most anticipated projects.

Such a shame though. I always wanted to do like, an Edward scissorhands or phantom of the opera type thing except the beauty who tames the beast is just…not that nice a person. I think that would be fun

I just don't see the point of having an Avengers-like team movie.

Dr. Strange and Hulk were together in Infinity War. Dr. Strange, Hulk and.Valkyrie were on Endgame. Hulk and Valkyrie were in Ragnarok. So that just leaves the Silver Surfer and Namor. Its probably more beneficial if they save these team ups to Avengers and solo films.

I just don't see the point of having an Avengers-like team movie.

Dr. Strange and Hulk were together in Infinity War. Dr. Strange, Hulk and.Valkyrie were on Endgame. Hulk and Valkyrie were in Ragnarok. So that just leaves the Silver Surfer and Namor. Its probably more beneficial if they save these team ups to Avengers and solo films.

Because the Avengers films did jack shirt with Strange and Hulk’s friendship from the comics and they wouldn’t do much better adding Namor and Surfer into the mix.

June 6th 3023 is the date!! Fingers crossed this is true!!

June 6th 3023 is the date!! Fingers crossed this is true!!
So 15 years since The Incredible Hulk.

Universal Pictures should have just worked with Marvel Studios for

Marvel Studios' Hulk 2
Marvel Studios' Hulk 3
Marvel Studios' Namor
Marvel Studios' Namor 2
Marvel Studios' Namor 3

They probably would get some healthy money from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"