The Avengers Nathan Fillion Wouldn't Mind Being Ant-Man

No thanks buddy, love your work but no thanks.

Neil Patrick Harris?

I think Filion would be fine. Actually, I think a number actors could do this role including Fillion, Noah Wyle, Ryan Phillipe, and Jason Bateman.

So the Whedon crew wants in now?

That would be awesomesauce.

If you would pick any former whedon cast members I would pick Alan tudyk and marena baccarin as pym and wasp

Why is his name popping up for everything. It must be his fan club throwing his name around everytime a role opens up.

This is where Wheadon needs to tread VERY lightly. He cannot just throw in every former TV actor he's ever worked with just for kicks. I know Raimi did this with Bruce Campbell, but Campbell's role in the Spider-man movies were small and tastefully done, at least in the first two.

To me Fillion is too much of a distraction to play someone like Pym. You don't want to sit there and say, "hey look it's Nathan Fillion!"

Let the casting directors to their jobs, and certainly with input from Joss, but he can't make this all about him. This is not Firefly, he is playing with someone else's toys, and he needs to treat them well.

This is where Wheadon needs to tread VERY lightly. He cannot just throw in every former TV actor he's ever worked with just for kicks. I know Raimi did this with Bruce Campbell, but Campbell's role in the Spider-man movies were small and tastefully done, at least in the first two.

To me Fillion is too much of a distraction to play someone like Pym. You don't want to sit there and say, "hey look it's Nathan Fillion!"

Let the casting directors to their jobs, and certainly with input from Joss, but he can't make this all about him. This is not Firefly, he is playing with someone else's toys, and he needs to treat them well.

We would be the only people who would do that. The general public really isn't that aware of Fillion. He's recognizable, but certainly not a big name. And certainly not anywhere close to being big enough to be distracting to the average movie goer.

We would be the only people who would do that. The general public really isn't that aware of Fillion. He's recognizable, but certainly not a big name. And certainly not anywhere close to being big enough to be distracting to the average movie goer.

I think Fillion could be in the film, but I personally don't see him as Hank Pym. I could see him being Hawkeye, but not Pym.

I'll prob get roasted for this,...but how about 'the Dawson', James Vanderbeek as Hank? Saw him on that new show 'mercy' earlier this evening. he's grown up now and looks like he could be Hank if his hair was blonde/redish.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=13134

"Nathan Fillion is pretty much locked to be Henry Pym, and should be announced before any other new additions to the cast (think around Comic Con)"

Don't know how true it is.

Same report...

http://gordonandthewhale.com/nathan-fillion-to-play-henry-pym-in-the-avengers/

This would be great casting! I hope it's true. Joss wouldn't write Nathan as a wife beater. So, that Ultimate garbage would be out the window and we could get the flawed hero of the real Marvel Universe! YAY!

Same report...

http://gordonandthewhale.com/nathan-fillion-to-play-henry-pym-in-the-avengers/

This would be great casting! I hope it's true. Joss wouldn't write Nathan as a wife beater. So, that Ultimate garbage would be out the window and we could get the flawed hero of the real Marvel Universe! YAY!

You know, I always see this. I'm pretty sure he beat his wife in 616 way before he beat his wife in Ultimates.

Either way, I'd be totally cool with Fillion as Pym.

You know, I always see this. I'm pretty sure he beat his wife in 616 way before he beat his wife in Ultimates.

I think in 616 it was like a one-time thing when he was already going kinda crazy. Like he hit her once, then immediately was like "oh what have i done!?" Definatley not that crazy **** that happened in Ultimates, with them basically trying to kill eachother.

in fact he hit her multiple times, but it was the sixties and no one cared. then they decided to make a story out of it.

I think in 616 it was like a one-time thing when he was already going kinda crazy. Like he hit her once, then immediately was like "oh what have i done!?" Definatley not that crazy **** that happened in Ultimates, with them basically trying to kill eachother.

I also think he was under mind control or something.

from Avengersnews: After speaking to their source at Marvel Studios, the movie site is reporting that the role of "Henry Pym is not close to being cast yet.. [and] Nathan Fillion has not met with anybody at Marvel Studios regarding the film or any roles in the Marvel Universe."

http://bit.ly/dAEN9I dont know if anyone saw this, but it really doesnt say much more than fillian is a lock in, but also its just a rumor, so do with that what you will.

from Avengersnews: After speaking to their source at Marvel Studios, the movie site is reporting that the role of "Henry Pym is not close to being cast yet.. [and] Nathan Fillion has not met with anybody at Marvel Studios regarding the film or any roles in the Marvel Universe."

By the sounds of that, Pym WILL be in the film. :yay:

in fact he hit her multiple times, but it was the sixties and no one cared. then they decided to make a story out of it.

I also think he was under mind control or something.

Avengers213WhatHankDid.jpg

He wasn't under mind control. He had been under a great deal of stress in the 7 issues leading up to the one above. He was also being tried by the Avengers for zapping an enemy that had already stopped fighting. He was always jealous of Thor and Iron Man's level of power which is why he became Giant Man in the first place.

The only crime Jan committed was loving him unconditionally and offering to pay for all his whacky experiments.

Hank built another adamantium robot but this one was intended to defeat the Avengers during his Court Martial. Only he knew where the "off switch" was so he figured he would save the Avengers and prove how indispensable he was to them. Jan discovered his plan and begged him not to do it.

He went ape**** and hit her. Once. Gave her a big black eye.

That was it.

I'll let you guys read the rest of the story and find out what happened at the Court Martial. Great stuff and a watershed Avengers issue.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

That wasn't in the 60s either. It was in the 80s. Hank was never known for wife beating before, or since, until the Ultimate took that one incident and turned it into a lifestyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"