The Avengers Nathan Fillion Wouldn't Mind Being Ant-Man

Sounds good to me as long as Giant-Man is in there too.

Avengers213WhatHankDid.jpg

He wasn't under mind control. He had been under a great deal of stress in the 7 issues leading up to the one above. He was also being tried by the Avengers for zapping an enemy that had already stopped fighting. He was always jealous of Thor and Iron Man's level of power which is why he became Giant Man in the first place.

The only crime Jan committed was loving him unconditionally and offering to pay for all his whacky experiments.

Hank built another adamantium robot but this one was intended to defeat the Avengers during his Court Martial. Only he knew where the "off switch" was so he figured he would save the Avengers and prove how indispensable he was to them. Jan discovered his plan and begged him not to do it.

He went ape**** and hit her. Once. Gave her a big black eye.

That was it.

I'll let you guys read the rest of the story and find out what happened at the Court Martial. Great stuff and a watershed Avengers issue.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up.

I want a Columbia Formula 10 ten speed bike

As long as we get the real 616 Hank I'll be happy. Please stay away from the animated Giant Man. That guy was a total misrepresentation of Hank and total *****e.

As long as we get the real 616 Hank I'll be happy. Please stay away from the animated Giant Man. That guy was a total misrepresentation of Hank and total *****e.

I felt like they gave Hank Hawkeye's personality in Ultimate Avengers movie. Plus an extra dose of *****e bag for good measure. All the smart-elic remarks at Cap and Tony were classic Hawkeye.

the best part of this is that we know pym will be in the movie so thats good. who plays him is still a mystery

He went ape**** and hit her. Once. Gave her a big black eye.

That was it.
I suggest you re-read Avengers #90. Focus on page 13, last panel.

Hit her once...:whatever:
Yeah, right

and he wasn't mind-controlled or contemporarily insane. he just hit her.

That was a Flashback ish to back when he was still in his YJ persona. He was still crazy at the time IF he did in fact hit her, so, your point?

And he was insane. He thought he killed Hank Pym and that he was a completely different individual.

I don't know, are we? I hate to be that guy but, Pics or it didn't happen.

No problem. I'll try to scan the pages tomorrow. you'll just have to wait 24 hrs :)

you're lucky, someone scanned said page before me and it's online:
http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=398564&gsub=53963
from the marvel wiki synopsis:
Summoning one of the island prehistoric insects, they attempt to ride closer until they start to feel strange. Yellowjacket then knocks out the Wasp and orders it back, when she came around she found that Yellowjacket sent her away.
Hank Pym was Hank Pym back then and referred to himself as Hank Pym
(at least in issue 91, page 19)

Oh, so knocking her out and sending her to someplace safe = wife beater.

Yeah, I call out of context boos**t on that one.

So basically every hero who's ever knocked out a buddy to save them is a wife beater.

Spock
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Superman

:whatever:

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Got anything else? Cuz unless you can pull something outta your ass where he says: "Where's my suppa b***h!" followed by a back hand, he's only ever done the wife beater thing once, and he was totally crazy at the time.

Yup, that did happen. He wasn't crazy at the time either.

Spider-Man hit Mary Jane in Spider-Man 3 as well. He's more of a hypocrite since he's always going on about with great power comes great responsibility, and yet here he is slapping the woman he loves.

Let's not forget how Spidey hit a woman named Sharon on national television during a Fox News broadcast. Nevermind the actual circumstance (or that it was Shathra in disguise).

Yet YJ gets more crap about his one-off incident, and it gets turned into a lifestyle in the Ultimate universe.

Spider-Man hit Mary Jane in Spider-Man 3 as well. He's more of a hypocrite since he's always going on about with great power comes great responsibility, and yet here he is slapping the woman he loves.

Let's not forget how Spidey hit a woman named Sharon on national television during a Fox News broadcast. Nevermind the actual circumstance (or that it was Shathra in disguise).

Yet YJ gets more crap about his one-off incident, and it gets turned into a lifestyle in the Ultimate universe.

Oltimate Hank is clearly based on Ike Turner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"