NBA Season 2023-24: Get Hoop’d

paul george is questionable for sure. but as for bigs between the two i feel like sabonis has had the better year

steph is too popular to not get voted in.

fwiw, i'm glad theyre going back to the old format though

also, i'm kinda looking forward to the Steph/Sabrina 3 point battle.

there's an old event i wish they'd kinda bring back. don't remember the name of it, but it was a current star, a wnba player, and classic star and they had a timed event to score as many points as possible from different point values on the court. i enjoyed that.

nba all star weekend used to be one of my favorite holidays of the year lol. i'd love to attend one day.

paul george is questionable for sure. but as for bigs between the two i feel like sabonis has had the better year

steph is too popular to not get voted in.

fwiw, i'm glad theyre going back to the old format though
Steph is too popular not to get the vote, but Fox has certainly had the better year and is more deserving imho.

also, i'm kinda looking forward to the Steph/Sabrina 3 point battle.

there's an old event i wish they'd kinda bring back. don't remember the name of it, but it was a current star, a wnba player, and classic star and they had a timed event to score as many points as possible from different point values on the court. i enjoyed that.

nba all star weekend used to be one of my favorite holidays of the year lol. i'd love to attend one day.
Yeah I used to love it. I have fond memories of Dominique vs Jordan in the dunk contest, Kenny the Jet doing both the 3 pt and dunk contest, Sean Kemp staring down Rex Chapman in dunk contest, Dee Brown in his Reebok pumps (I used my summer job money to buy a pair that year), I remember Jason Williams in the rookie game bouncing a behind the back pass off his elbow to a trailer, and eventually, I remember coming Home from grad school and having the flu and lying on my parent’s couch watching Vince Carter in the dunk contest.

So many memories.

Yeah I used to love it. I have fond memories of Dominique vs Jordan in the dunk contest, Kenny the Jet doing both the 3 pt and dunk contest, Sean Kemp staring down Rex Chapman in dunk contest, Dee Brown in his Reebok pumps (I used my summer job money to buy a pair that year), I remember Jason Williams in the rookie game bouncing a behind the back pass off his elbow to a trailer, and eventually, I remember coming Home from grad school and having the flu and lying on my parent’s couch watching Vince Carter in the dunk contest.

So many memories.
that trailer was Raef Lafrentz who blew the layup :argh: lol

i watched Vince live. he's my fave all time player, from his tarheel days.
i'm pretty sure i have some all star nights on vhs somewhere. maybe i'll find them as i keep emptying out dad's house.

and yeah, Fox has been amazing the past few seasons actually. he deserves his flowers. it's not painful to root for the Kings anymore.

we don't know what the statue is going to look like yet right? has anyone thought of any iconic kobe poses they might use?

i think it'll be jump shot. the first image that came to mind was the one of him with the fist bump

htrfWVN.jpeg

this is iconic but prob hard to pull off

3oPcJuW.jpeg

this one is cool, but doubtful

AclUBMz.jpeg

we don't know what the statue is going to look like yet right? has anyone thought of any iconic kobe poses they might use?

i think it'll be jump shot. the first image that came to mind was the one of him with the fist bump

htrfWVN.jpeg

this is iconic but prob hard to pull off

3oPcJuW.jpeg

this one is cool, but doubtful

AclUBMz.jpeg
This one would be sick:

1707417310182.jpeg

I also like this one:

1707417688568.jpeg

or really I could see any pose where he is driving to the basket. He had such a frenetic, athletic style to him. To me, that and his competitive spirit was what defined him.

The questions I would have for his statue would be: 8 or 24? And hair or no hair?

Man I wish the Lakers could get a good 3 and D guy in the next hour.

Bucks send Robin Lopez to the Kings.
Bucks are acquiring Patrick Beverley in a swap with the 76ers for Cameron Payne. Not sure how i feel about this one. Don't love Beverley

Mavs receive:
  • P.J. Washington
Hornets receive:
  • Grant Williams
  • Seth Curry
  • 2027 first-round pick
Nets receive:
  • Dennis Schroder
  • Thaddeus Young
Raptors receive:
  • Spencer Dinwiddie
Sixers get:
  • Buddy Hield
Pacers get:
  • Furkan Korkmaz
  • Marcus Morris
  • Three future second-round picks
The Pacers are reportedly waiving Korkmaz

there are going to be 3 statues apparently. the one unveiled tonight was chosen by Kobe. i could see the other one being more action-esque

This one would be sick:

View attachment 79666

I can't stop going back and looking at this and I've come to the conclusion that this shouldn't be a statue. It should be a mural or some kind of LED screen thing. Look at everyone else in the picture. :funny:

His teammates are like....."Okay. That's two. We don't even have to get back on D. The guys on the other team (Nets I think) just need people to keep going and inbound the ball. :lmao:

Great freaking pic.

I haven’t thought about how you would do it, but I hate when teams foul when they’re up three to prevent a game tying three. Maybe a foul outside the three point line under ten seconds is an automatic 3 shots.

Dude seems to change club a lot. Spent a while with the Nuggets and then changing every year or 2.
I'm sure he'll change teams again in another couple of years. :D

Last edited:
What: 2024 Panini Rising Stars
When: Friday, Feb. 16, 9 ET
Where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse

Team Pau

Victor Wembanyama (Rookie, San Antonio Spurs)
Brandon Miller (Rookie, Charlotte Hornets)
Brandin Podziemski (Rookie, Golden State Warriors)
Jaime Jaquez. Jr. (Rookie, Miami Heat)
Jabari Smith Jr. (Sophomore, Houston Rockets)
Cason Wallace (Rookie, Oklahoma City Thunder)
Bilal Coulibaly (Rookie, Washington Wizards)

Team Tamika

Paolo Banchero (Sophomore, Orlando Magic)
Jaden Ivey (Sophomore, Detroit Pistons)
Jalen Duren (Sophomore, Detroit Pistons)
Keegan Murray (Sophomore, Sacramento Kings)
Scoot Henderson (Rookie, Portland Trail Blazers)
Keyonte George (Rookie, Utah Jazz)
Dyson Daniels (Sophomore, New Orleans Pelicans) *
Vince Williams Jr. (Sophomore, Memphis Grizzlies)
* = Daniels is injured and will not play; replaced by Williams Jr.

Team Jalen

Chet Holmgren (Rookie, Oklahoma City Thunder)
Jalen Williams (Sophomore, Oklahoma City Thunder)
Bennedict Mathurin (Sophomore, Indiana Pacers)
Shaedon Sharpe (Sophomore, Portland Trail Blazers) *
Dereck Lively II (Rookie, Dallas Mavericks)
Jordan Hawkins (Rookie, New Orleans Pelicans)
Walker Kessler (Sophomore, Utah Jazz)
Jeremy Sochan (Sophomore, San Antonio Spurs)
* = Sharpe is injured and will not play; replaced by Sochan

Team Detlef

Izan Almansa (G League Ignite)
Emoni Bates (Cleveland Charge)
Matas Buzelis (G League Ignite)
Ron Holland (G League Ignite)*
Mac McClung (Osceola Magic)
Tyler Smith (G League Ignite)
Oscar Tshiebwe (Indiana Mad Ants)
Alondes Williams (Sioux Falls Skyforce)
* = Holland is injured and will not play; replaced by Bates

All three games in the mini-tournament will be played to a Final Target Score, which means each game will end on a made basket or free throw rather than time expiring.
The two semifinal games – Game 1 and Game 2 – will be played to a Final Target Score of 40.
The final game, featuring the winners, will be played to a Final Target Score of 25 to determine the tournament champion.

i think Pau's got a chance to win back to back

NBA All Star Weekend Events
Friday, Feb. 16

11:30 a.m. ET | Panini Rising Stars Practice | NBA TV | Gainbridge Fieldhouse
5:30 p.m. ET | Basketball Hall of Fame News Conference | NBA TV & NBA App
7 p.m. ET | Ruffles NBA All-Star Celebrity Game | ESPN | Lucas Oil Stadium
9 p.m. ET | Panini Rising Stars | TNT | Gainbridge Fieldhouse
Rising Stars: Semifinal 1
Rising Stars: Semifinal 2
Rising Stars: Final

Saturday, Feb. 17

11 a.m. ET | NBA All-Star Practice presented by AT&T | NBA TV | Gainbridge Fieldhouse
2 p.m. ET | HBCU Classic presented by AT&T | NBA TV / TNT / ESPN2 | Gainbridge Fieldhouse
Winston-Salem State vs. Virginia Union [tickets]
7 p.m. ET | Commissioner Adam Silver news conference | NBA TV & NBA App
8 p.m. ET | State Farm All-Star Saturday Night | TNT | Lucas Oil Stadium
Kia Skills Challenge
Starry 3-Point Contest
Stephen vs. Sabrina 3-Point Challenge
AT&T Slam Dunk

Sunday, Feb. 18

11 a.m. ET | NBA Legends Brunch | NBA TV & NBA App
1:30 p.m. ET | G League Up Next Game presented by AT&T | NBA TV | Indiana Convention Center
8 p.m. ET | 73rd NBA All-Star Game | TNT | Gainbridge Fieldhouse
East vs. West

I enjoyed All-Star Saturday night events. Especially Steph vs Ionescu. She killed it and probably could’ve beaten everyone in the men’s competition. But it’s a shame how many folks I hear saying “they should have made her compete with a men’s ball.”

These people have no clue. The rationale that keeps getting thrown around is that the women’s ball is smaller so it has a greater chance of going in. But by that same logic, I should have a better shooting percentage if I shot with a tennis ball. But there’s no way that I would. Or look at it this way: let’s see how the men would do shooting with a women’s ball. I’m pretty sure that they would agree that would be a disadvantage to them.

It’s kind of a sad world we live in where my son has to say “i was rooting for Ionescu but I’m glad Steph won so that i didn’t have to listen to the hate that she would have gotten at school on Monday.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"