NBA Season 2023-24: Get Hoop’d

i enjoyed Sabrina and Steph too. She scored 26 from the NBA line, same as the finalists in the 3-point contest. they can argue that she should use a mens ball from that line, but no one is asking how steph would shoot a women's sized ball from the wnba line. heck i'm curious now to see that, now that i've thought it up. They both created a great precedence for something like this going forward. would love to see more nba/wnba skills challenges. i'm pretty sure i mentioned before there used to be a challenge with a current player, a wnba player and a legend teamed up. it was similar to that shooting part of the skills challenge with them shooting for different amount of points from different spots. that could be fun. or even pairs 3 point contests. dame and caitlin clark against sabrina and steph next year?

I'm starting to agree with Reggie that the three point contest is starting to become the highlight of the evening. No one scored below 20. That's super impressive. and Malik Beasley just has a pretty jump shot. loved when they complimented the gooseneck lol.

the slam dunk contest is tough for me. i like that jaylen is trying to get the stars back into it. he dunked with power but wasn't too impressive to me. i kinda wish they'd get 3 dunks in the first round, or expand to 6 in the first, then 3, then 1 or something.

i enjoyed Sabrina and Steph too. She scored 26 from the NBA line, same as the finalists in the 3-point contest. they can argue that she should use a mens ball from that line, but no one is asking how steph would shoot a women's sized ball from the wnba line. heck i'm curious now to see that, now that i've thought it up. They both created a great precedence for something like this going forward. would love to see more nba/wnba skills challenges. i'm pretty sure i mentioned before there used to be a challenge with a current player, a wnba player and a legend teamed up. it was similar to that shooting part of the skills challenge with them shooting for different amount of points from different spots. that could be fun. or even pairs 3 point contests. dame and caitlin clark against sabrina and steph next year?

I'm starting to agree with Reggie that the three point contest is starting to become the highlight of the evening. No one scored below 20. That's super impressive. and Malik Beasley just has a pretty jump shot. loved when they complimented the gooseneck lol.

the slam dunk contest is tough for me. i like that jaylen is trying to get the stars back into it. he dunked with power but wasn't too impressive to me. i kinda wish they'd get 3 dunks in the first round, or expand to 6 in the first, then 3, then 1 or so
I would also love for the dunk competition to have more stars in it. Plus, I would prefer that the props be left at a minimum. I miss the creativity of what could be done in the air by those guys as opposed to dressing up or getting a line of people to jump over. It becomes less and less creative the more they rely on props

I would also love for the dunk competition to have more stars in it. Plus, I would prefer that the props be left at a minimum. I miss the creativity of what could be done in the air by those guys as opposed to dressing up or getting a line of people to jump over. It becomes less and less creative the more they rely on props

sidebar: Aaron Gordon's use of props was top-notch. he didn't just use them to dunk over, like the spinning mascot on the hoverboard.

like jaylen brown was kinda boring, but he dunked hard. power. i think that's why his scores were so high. dominique was a power dunker. vince carter is so memorable to so many people because of doing some things that weren't done before, but all his dunks were strong, powerful, and he had a ton of energy during and after. some of the guys walk up like they're going to a firing squad, don't really seem excited.

tbh, i would've like to have seen the first round have 3 dunks. I'm curious what Jaquez had in him.

I would have liked to have seen more from Jacob Toppin. But that’s because I’m a UK fan.

A little late but I really enjoyed this year's All Star Weekend...especially Saturday Night event...(I was rooting for Tyrese to win the 3P contest but Dame is still the best...well 2nd best just behind Steph...Steph would've won the contest as he scores the most point than any other players)

Agreed...Steph vs Sabrina was the the highlight of the event...and imo it should've been the main event instead the so-so Dunk contest (the 2nd Dunk by Mac McClung where he let the ball loose mid air was pretty sick, though)...I hope Sabrina will challenge a rematch next year in Steph's house in San Fransisco.

For the All Star Game...I know it is unpopular opinion but I loved it. Yeah the defense is almost non existent but to me though...it is fun to see the less intense and less pressured basketball game...like that's the purpose of All Star, isn't it?
A fun and exhibition game where fans can enjoy a lot of highlights. Where and when else can we able to see Dame shoot a shot like that? It's amazing!

Especially when the East is dominating the West...it was quite shocker though since most and half of the East is a first timer while the West is filled with the likes of KD, Steph, LeBron,Joker, Luka, etc.

And 211 points is crazy!!
That score should be a world record in any basketball event, right?
My only gripe is that I think Tyrese should be the MVP over Dame though

Don’t get the complaining about the all star game. Just don’t watch. I haven’t watched all star weekend in over 20 years.

For the All Star Game...I know it is unpopular opinion but I loved it. Yeah the defense is almost non existent but to me though...it is fun to see the less intense and less pressured basketball game...like that's the purpose of All Star, isn't it?

i think you can have both. i personally would've liked a little more defense. the game that comes to mind to me on that one is the one where Glen Rice went off in the 3rd quarter. I forget the year, mid to late 90's.

found it 1997

just be sure to avert your eyes due to the such high definition of the video lol
nice to hear Marv on the sidelines again

Last edited:
found it 1997

just be sure to avery your eyes due to the such high definition of the video lol
nice to hear Marv on the sidelines again

Ah... when each players still wear their respective team's uniform...
Wish they go back again using team's uniform in the ASG.

i think you can have both. i personally would've liked a little more defense. the game that comes to mind to me on that one is the one where Glen Rice went off in the 3rd quarter. I forget the year, mid to late 90's.

Seriously though...when was the last time the All Star Game where the players had played defense and showed a little efforts to win? Haha...I can't think of any, but I remember 2018 or 2017?? when the game played into the last second when KD and Bron blocked Steph's 3P attempts to tie the game.

This and Adam Silver already said to look up into a potential new broadcasting partners outside ESPN/ABC and TNT has made me a little nervous that they will eventually cancel League Pass (or if they are not, they will blackout important games like Conference Finals or Finals to force me into subscribing and watching the games with this new platform)

I hope when the current TV deals ended next season that the NBA will still provide League Pass for the international fans like myself.
With League Pass, with a reasonable annual price I can watch all games all teams at any time with no blackout restriction...(because our local channel only broadcast a few games during the weekend)

The Celtics has clobbered the Warriors by 52...lol!

Boston seems like the best team right now...but I dont truly trust them yet as they often been a disappointment in the playoff.lol

Last edited:

Legend!

A record that I believe won't ever got broken

I think when its time for LeBron to retire...he will be remembered not only as a legend but also an icon replacing MJ.

Like Tom Brady in American Football, Messi in soccer, Venus and Nadal in Tennis, and for Basketball lore...it will be LeBron.

Last edited:
Lebron will be a first ballot HOF mt rushmore type player
but he also will be remembered from running from the grind and Forming Super Teams to get his rings and losing record in finals
for that reason alone he won't surpass Jordan

but he also will be remembered from running from the grind and Forming Super Teams to get his rings and losing record in finals

That would be a stain in LeBron's career, for sure, though.

And see...this is why I dont fully trust the Celtics yet. By blow a 22 points lead to the depleted Cavs team, right after they blown up the Warriors by 52.

they can be hot and looked unstoppable for some games and then went cold for the next...and I am afraid JT doesnt quote has the killer instinct when it matters...it makes me think that JB's ceilings perhaps is higher than him. Here's hoping he prove me wrong comes playoffs.

Last edited:
it's the nature of the beast when your labeled a "superstar" in the NBA you will need to perform in the playoffs so the regular season success don't be jack
I wish it wasn't that way but sports debate culture has made it that way

I will never understand how Jordan playing with a top 50 all time player in Pippen and maybe the greatest defender/rebounder of all time in Rodman is not a big-3 super team.

People act like Jordan won with scrubs. But his supporting cast was always solid and more often than not, great. The Bulls were only saw a 3 game drop in their record in 93-94 when Jordan left to play baseball. Without him they won 55 regular season games and narrowly missed the conference finals. But we act like Jordan was a one man show.

Lebron, however, carried some G-League level talent to the finals in his early Cavs career. When he left for the Heat they were automatically the worst record in the league.

Here’s a question: who do you take?
T-Mac or Vince Carter?

Here’s a question: who do you take?
T-Mac or Vince Carter?

Tracy, no doubt.
Him, along with Penny, were the biggest "what ifs" in the NBA.
If the injuries hadn't been derailed their careers, they would've been ranked higher among their positions.

A shame that not many people nowadays knew and talked enough of how good these 2 players were in their prime and when they were healthy.

Tracy, no doubt.
Him, along with Penny, were the biggest "what ifs" in the NBA.
If the injuries hadn't been derailed their careers, they would've been ranked higher among their positions.

A shame that not many people nowadays knew and talked enough of how good these 2 players were in their prime and when they were healthy.
I don’t know. You could make the same “what if” argument for Vince regarding injuries. Even though he played forever, it was pretty clear that his knees weren’t the same after year 4 onward in his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"