NBA Season 2023-24: Get Hoop’d

Vin Diesel is making introduction speech during player intro and guess what...somehow he managed to utter the word "family". Lol.

And I like the player draft just before the game..
it was more fun.

Shame that Jokic got picked last...

technically Jaren Jackson Jr was picked last, Jokic just picked himself for lebron lol

i'm not sure how i feel about this year's game. there were some fun moments, but i miss it being competitive. no defense at all

What a crazy and thrilling end for Philly vs Boston...(and also yesterday's Philly vs Memphis).

Tough games...I honestly cannot pick which will be coming out of the East between Celtics, Sixers, and Bucks. All are top teams now.
So exciting for the East right now.

Meanwhile....still waiting for KD's Suns debut. Haha.

And I think Russ is more fitting playing with the Clippers than the Lakers.

Lebron likely to miss multiple weeks with a foot injury.

The Lakers are snake bit. And somehow the general public and toxic online trolls will use this to belittle Lebron even more.

ok time to focus on the NBA so how are we feeling about load management these days?
so ratings are down during the season and i can't help to think that's the reason i turn on a game that is not the local Knicks telecast and see player x will be sitting this game and lose interest hope they fix that crap

if Healthy no one is beating Milwaukee in the East

I got a finals rematch from a couple of years ago but this Time the Suns take it thanks to KD

i'm not a fan of load management.
i'm kinda with barkley on this. players making 20+million a year and can't even play 3 games a week? it hurts the league and the fans. Kobe always said he'd play every night he could because that game might be the only time a fan would be able to see him play. i'm paraphrasing but the quote is something like that

i can't get load management at my job.

also i just remembered the story of the boy whose mom flew him from europe somewhere to see Jimmy Butler play and Butler wasn't playing that night. Kid was devastated. Granted, this scenario is because Butler was legitimately sick and ruled out, but can you imagine saving money (because even if you live in the city, tickets aren't cheap) and finding out your favorite(s) aren't playing because they don't feel like it?

We can all thank Kawhi for starting this load management trend...:o

Speaking of.... how do you feel of Knicks' chance this season? @P Supreme
I assume you must be feel really good for this team right now. Haha.

The Knicks beat the Celtics and now they've won 8 in a row. They looked like a solid team since the All Star.

Knicks beat the Celtics again....now twice in a span of one week! Wow!

They've done it without Brunson (and Celtics on their full strength)
I don't know if this makes them a legit threat in the East but their morale is on high now!

And...the end of Bucks vs Sixers yesterday was insane! Vintage Harden!

We can all thank Kawhi for starting this load management trend...:o

Um that would be Greg Popovich in the last years of the Spurs dynasty that started this NBA was furious over it but did nothing now it's a big problem

Klaw learned it from the best lol

I don't know if this makes them a legit threat in the East but their morale is on high now!

we got a good thing going so don't want to jinx it so LETS GO NETS lololol

Speaking of.... how do you feel of Knicks' chance this season? @P Supreme
I assume you must be feel really good for this team right now. Haha.

The Knicks beat the Celtics and now they've won 8 in a row. They looked like a solid team since the All Star.

Playoffs are a different animal but i'm glad we have a competent team again it's been years of suffering so not going to be crazy fan and expect a deep run, but hope the ride continues

Ja Morant better wise up soon hopefully this latest incident and the 2 gm suspension will get him back on that path where his dad in all of this? aint he part of the "entourage" Stop taking pics and sit your son down

i wouldnt mind seeing the Knicks do something to get the fans excited again.

they haven't been great since Eddie was their coach :o

I've never been a big fan of NY sports teams; probably because I have a lot of friends from there who are completely obnoxious when it comes to their teams. That being said, it's been a pretty rough road lately and I don't mind seeing their teams do reasonably well.....just don't win any championships. :funny:

I don't need the grief.

Playoffs are a different animal but i'm glad we have a competent team again it's been years of suffering so not going to be crazy fan and expect a deep run, but hope the ride continues
I love love love Immanuel Quickley. That dude was a draft steal. I hope that he can get some consistency.

Embiid's thirst for the MVP award has completely turned me off. Giannis or Joker are the clear MVPs imo, but even if they weren't, I wouldn't want Embiid to win it.

Speaking of MVP race...just saw the clips between Kendrik Perkins and JJ Redick on YT.
What a wild accusation by Perkins there..haha.

He clearly knows he was at the wrong there when he started yelling and repeated his words over and over.

But I have to bet who will win....my money's on Giannis as his team now stands with the best records so far while Denver slipped a little bit in the last few games.

I've never been a big fan of NY sports teams; probably because I have a lot of friends from there who are completely obnoxious when it comes to their teams. That being said, it's been a pretty rough road lately and I don't mind seeing their teams do reasonably well.....just don't win any championships. :funny:

I don't need the grief.

you aint lying I still give people crap for SB42 i mean it is the best win in all of team sports lol
but man would i love to taste some of the NBA championship I wasn't born yet last they won :saddened:

Embiid's thirst for the MVP award has completely turned me off. Giannis or Joker are the clear MVPs imo, but even if they weren't, I wouldn't want Embiid to win it.

Agreed but I also am one the those that think MVP's should be spread out I mean sure MJ or Lebron deserved it every year but i like the fact that in 93 Barkley got one even though MJ coming from back to back chips was having monster year

Embiid been carrying that franchise for years now yes no Chip but he is an MVP type player and deserves one by the time his career is done and I'm no fan of Philly teams either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"