NBC Cancels Heroes

"I have a lair..."

"With wi-fi."

*high-five*

Heroes should have just been a mini series. Season 1 was amazing and if they cut out a few fill in epsiodes and made it like 12-13 episodes, have Peter and Sylar actually have a super fight with all their powers or at least most of them in the final episode and instead of doing the whole Peter is the bomb, they should have just made Sylar the bomb then end it with everyone stopping Sylar and THEN have them all exposed to the world. Thus all of them changed the future (the one from Five Year's Gone when the bomb did set off.)

That would have made for an excellent ending -- Everyone changing the future, becoming exposed, making news headlines -- we hear radio stations, tv stations, everyone in the world talking about them. That's how I think the entire show should have ended. Everything after Season 1 was nothing but repetitive merry-go-round, dragged out story lines. The underwhelming S1 finale is where the show lost it's viewership IMO and when things kept going in circles the ratings just kept declining and the creative team for Heroes couldn't deliver the ratings. That's what television is all about nowadays. That's what makes or breaks these shows. They (the networks) don't give a rats ass about the hardcore fans. They want ratings. If they decline, they want improvement. Heroes showed no improvement in that department and it was about time the show got the axe.

Last edited:
there powers kinda bore me though... Chiklis looks like fun though

Heroes should have just been a mini series. Season 1 was amazing and if they cut out a few fill in epsiodes and made it like 12-13 episodes, have Peter and Sylar actually have a super fight with all their powers or at least most of them in the final episode and instead of doing the whole Peter is the bomb, they should have just made Sylar the bomb then end it with everyone stopping Sylar and THEN have them all exposed to the world. Thus all of them changed the future (the one from Five Year's Gone when the bomb did set off.)

I think making Peter the bomb was a great twist. And they could have still done the fight. Peter gets so ramped up putting Sylar down that he can't turn his powers off. So Nathan grabs him and flies away with him like before. What a shocking ending that was. Not only was a good guy the actual threat, but two good guys get taken out after the bad guy.

Really, that big fight was the only thing missing from the first finale. The set up with the Petrelli brothers exploding and Sylar escaping was a great cliffhanger for the next season.

I do like the idea that they should have just made 13 episode volumes (arcs) and keep everything nice and tight. Maybe have two arcs a season, each focusing on a different plot and set of characters. Or just have one 13-16 episode volume each season, focused on stopping a particular threat.

I will always hold Season 1, or Volume I whatever people want to call it, in high regard. IMO everything after that, not much really stuck with me. But the plot from the first season was incredible. The bomb, the future, the painter Isaac, both Peter and Sylar obtaining Isaac's power and seeing different outcomes of the bomb. The buildup of Sylar vs. Peter was truly amazing.

One other serious problem Heroes faced was they struggled to introduce new meaningful characters like The Invisible Man (who I loved!!!) when some characters we could have gone without (Parkman, Claire). Maya and her brother (name?) I didn't care for in Volume II. And as the show kept declining, we saw less Suresh. I missed his narratives, and I liked him just being the guy trying to find people with abilities. When he became that monster with powers, it was extremely cliche and unoriginal in every sense of the word.

Let's be honest, if ordinary people got superpowers, they'd either call the media and come out to the world or, if they were young, actually pretend to be superheroes or become petty criminals.

If you woke up with superpowers I think you would be forced into hiding for the rest of your life.
1) The government would want to do tests on you
2) People wouldn't feel safe living near someone that could do something to them
without protection.
3) Religious nuts would think you were some kind of demon.

If you woke up with superpowers I think you would be forced into hiding for the rest of your life.
2) People wouldn't feel safe living near someone that could do something to them
without protection.
If I had superpowers, I most definely wouldnt be broadcasting it for these reasons. I definetly would not want the government to come in and lock me up. Then would most likely force experimentation and tests. There are groups which would want to patent my genes, and make a profit over it and theres the issue of cloning and exploiting them. There'd be the concern of national security with people going scared due to ignorance. Plus I wouldnt want all that attention

...the ratings. That's what television is all about nowadays.

That's what tv has always been about. That and advertising.

without protection.

...or god.

They'll probably close down the Heroes sub-forum and move the threads into the miscellaneous section.

so glad they ended this garbage. These writers screwed up such a good idea so badly and so quickly. Hiro never turned into future hiro, which he prolly shouldve became in the 2nd season. The short tech kid was thrown aside after all this rebel hype bullcrap. Sylar's character was all over the place. Claire was hella annoying, and should have been disregarded after the first season, her character was no longer needed. The cop's adopted daughter was strangely gone for no real reason. Doctor shouldve never gotten powers. WAAyy to many characters, most of which were pointless.

The whole reason Hiro became a badass was because they didn't stop Peter from exploding in that future. So I'm not sure why he would have become that way in season 2. But it is a shame they dropped that completely, rather then develop Hiro towards it. If anything, after getting back from feudal Japan, you'd think he start taking things more seriously.

I have season 1 of Heroes which is in my opinion is the best why didn't they just make the other seasons great?

I hope they do get to do a miniseries or movie I don't hate the show like everybody else here does sure there are things that got a bit rubbish but on the whole it was a very entertaining series.

I honestly feel this show was a product of the studio trying to hard to please the audience. Instead of just doing the story they want. The amount of times they changed things. Didn't keep people dead, etc... is just amazing. This show after season 1 is a cluster **** of story.

Last edited by a moderator:
glad I never bothered with this show, heard nothing but bad things about it

I'll stick with Smallville

Heroes is easily better than Smallville. 6.4 million viewers is like double what a show on the CW gets. Perhaps Heroes can move to the sci fi network or CW where it doesn't need ratings to survive.

By the end, Heroes was only pulling 4.4 million. Still double then Smallville, but I doubt Heroes would get the same budget on a smaller network.

Move Heroes to Fridays and they'd be lucky to break 2 million.

It's dead. Let it go. Even Sci-Fi and CW have standards.

Heroes is easily better than Smallville. 6.4 million viewers is like double what a show on the CW gets. Perhaps Heroes can move to the sci fi network or CW where it doesn't need ratings to survive.

I was thinking the same.The creator of Heroes seems pretty adamant to continue the series.Dont you think he could be having contacts now with Sci Fi Network or CW ?.:awesome:

This show fell off worse than Prison Break.

The first season was amaazing, the second was ok, the third was wack, didn't bother with the fourth!

Prison Break's fourth season was better than it's second, same with Heroes in my opinion

Really, Heroes last season was good? I might have to check it out. I got really turned off after the third one.

Prison Break's second season was the best for me. I loved it when they brought in the politics aspect to it, and in the end they ended up in a new prison.

I thought the third could have been awesome. I mean, i remember the whole 'new prison, new breakout' (or something like that) during the promotions ofthe season.

I think the writer's strike really messed it up. Props to the writers for keeping it watchable, but i really wanted more of the politics aspect like the fourth one.

The fourth one i thought was unravelled too quickly, and the unravelling was not as interesting, as the unravelling in the second one, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"