NBC's Good Place - From the Creator of Parks and Rec

Decent season premiere. Due to rumors I was kind of expecting a bigger shake-up at the end.

Linda going off was delightful. Had my kids busting up.

Well, it is a two-parter, so perhaps the big shake-up (beyond Chidi now being included in the experiment) will come later.

Interesting that Eleanor's plan later on involved sprinkling cocaine, right after she'd heard Simone singing Semi-Charmed Life. But hey, at least she didn't go right to crystal meth.

Linda going off was great

but the biggest laugh of the night for me was "1-877 Cars for Kids..." I was dying... god I loathe that jingle, lol

That being the Bad Place anthem had me screaming. All these years, I honestly thought that commercial was local and that no one in the outside world actually knew my pain.

I am watching tonight's new episode, and I have a theory that is in no way correct. But what if Simone is Trevor, who has been playing the long game?

Also Jason really is the best. I will never forget the Blake Bortles reveal. I was so hoping it would come up and it did!!! :funny:

So who are the 8 GoT characters inspired by Tahani? :funny:

The most vain characters.

So probably all of the Lannisters at least.

In Tahani's defense, she probably at least throws good parties.

For a sec I thought you meant finale finale, and I was like “nooooo not ready!!!” But at least I take comfort tonight in knowing that a few new eps of The Good Place still await me in 2020.

Young Chidi was too precious for this world. The bit where it dawned on him that he couldn't choose what chair to sit in killed me.

For a sec I thought you meant finale finale, and I was like “nooooo not ready!!!” But at least I take comfort tonight in knowing that a few new eps of The Good Place still await me in 2020.
I have been a bad viewer and didn't keep up with this season, so I'm going to binge it on my next day off.

A reminder that The Good Place returns tonight for, sadly, the final four/five (I think the finale is a double) episodes.

Last edited:
It’s a good thing I checked in here, otherwise I would’ve had no idea.

Raylan ****ing Givens!!! :mrk: :lmao: :hehe:

The best comedy of the last decade, meets the best drama of the last decade. Only on the Good Place. :atp:

Love that this show doesn’t telegraph its guest stars weeks ahead of time.

Love that this show doesn’t telegraph its guest stars weeks ahead of time.
Relevant once again.

Honestly kind of crazy that NBC wouldn’t plaster it all over every website and air numerous promos that the stars of two of their biggest shows ever would be sharing scenes together.

I spent a week trying to figure out exactly what the catch would be once they got to the Good Place, and once Michael's storyline started, I realized where this was all going and it is perfect, as always. Basically the Silence from Doctor Who. Cosmic Cochella and weird fluffy rhinos. :funny:

So something occurred to me while watching the finale: I thought about the series finale of Parks and Rec and how the very last words we got were Leslie saying "I'm ready." As we went through this last episode, I thought wouldn't it be poetic- albeit sad- if this show ended in a similar way with Eleanor saying "I'm ready" or if the last shot would be her leaving The Good Place.

Hell, you got a Nick Offerman cameo, so you're halfway there! Still, very satisfied with what we got, but at the same time, like always, it's never a good feeling when a show you watch ultimately comes to an end. And got the double whammy this week with both Arrow and The Good Place ending. I'm looking forward to Brooklyn Nine-Nine returning, absolutely, but The Good Place was another of those great comedies that NBC created and this easily goes right alongside other greats like The Office, Parks and Rec, Community, and 30 Rock.

Decent season. Great finale. Best sitcom finale ever? Yeah, sure. Feels right.

I tend to be most fond of finales that I know are going to, in some way, piss off a chunk of the audience. But every so often there’s one that I can’t imagine anyone would have a problem with, and I love it all the same. Farewell, The Good Place.

Also, definitely not something that’s going to happen, but am I the only one who sees the spinoff potential of
a former fire-squid suddenly living life as a seventy-something mortal?

I can't believe I ever watched this dumb show. Should have changed the channel after the first episode. And no, I am not crying, you are ****ing crying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"