NBC's Good Place - From the Creator of Parks and Rec

Remember kids, it's a felony for you to be in possession of an unfried vegetable in Jacksonville.

Maybe I just missed it, but apparently tonight is the season finale. I mean, wow. It feels like the show just came back and we're already at the end. Plus it's one episode less than previous seasons.

It's not a problem in the grand scheme of things, especially since the show already got renewed, but it feels like the finale just snuck up on me.

Last edited:
Maybe I just missed it, but apparently tonight is the season finale. I mean, wow. It feels like the show just came back and we're already at the end. Plus it's one episode less than previous sseasons.

It's not a problem in the grand scheme of things, especially since the show already got renewed, but it feels like the finale just snuck up on me.

Wow! :wow:

Maybe I just missed it, but apparently tonight is the season finale. I mean, wow. It feels like the show just came back and we're already at the end. Plus it's one episode less than previous seasons.

Wait, what?

BuzzLightyearNOOOO.gif

It's too soon!

Quite the emotional finale. Will be an interesting status quo change when we return since Chidi won't have memories of any of the core group.

Ugh, what is with my shows and memory erasure all of a sudden. Stop it, it hurts! :argh:

After the previous two seasons, I was really expecting there to be some manner of twist to cap things off (especially with Michael's conveniently-timed meltdown causing Eleanor to step up as "the new Michael"), but I see they opted to go with emotional torment...

Well this emotionally wrecked me and I wasn't Team Cheleanor.

Well, if I were a Chidi-Eleanor shipper, what a powerful, emotional episode that would have been...

But since I'm not, shrug.

It was VERY sentimental, much moreso than I'm used to seeing from the show. However, I've been calling for a relationship shift with those two and there it is, so thanks Good Place. And overall I did like the story mechanics of the episode and what it's setting up, which is more than I can say for much of the first half of the season.

So, S3--good start, quickly gets bogged down in trying to make the Earth stuff interesting and only half succeeds, starts to pick up, then finishes with something like a 4-5 episode run of awesome and manages to leave me pretty excited about what they will be doing in S4 (whereas at the end of the thoroughly magnificent S2 I did have a bit of trepidation with how they ended it).

Gotta love Jason's very serious: "I won't let you down."

Not to alarm anyone, but I started watching this season via On-Demand (the entire season was set to expire in September 2019), and out of nowhere they dropped all but the last 5 episodes. Now that may mean nothing, but the only other time I've seen NBC do something like that was last year with Great News. They also later dropped the last 5 episodes of Great News before their expiration date, but at that point it'd already been cancelled.

Well, The Good Place has already been renewed for a fourth season. This might be its last - since the show has only scored middling ratings. But, who knows?

That's good to hear it's already been renewed! Guess NBC was just being jerkwads! ;) Fortunately them pulling the episodes didn't burn me too bad. I only had to find 1 episode elsewhere. I had the rest recorded, except for one which happens to be in the final 5. I just hope I can get it watched before they pull anymore!

I don't think the way NBC has played slot potato with The Good Place has done it a ton of favors. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was ever destined to be hugely popular, but I know a lot of people who want to watch it but have trouble keeping track of when it's on. They do those weird breaks, too, and kill their momentum. It's a show that will probably end up with way more streams and binge-watching on Netflix or Hulu than it got during its actual television run.

tumblr_pnwzestbj11qgojgxo2_540.gif
Chidi just went from the Bad Place to the REALLY Bad Place.

First table read for Season 4. The wheels are officially in motion.

Started watching this on Netflix a couple of weeks ago. I'm normally into sci-fi/drama stuff but I was a bit bored, this look intriguing and I thought I'd give it a twirl as the first episode wasn't very long.

Now onto Season 3 and I'm hooked. It's forking brilliant. It successfully manages to be lighthearted and almost whimsical at times, but also insanely philosophical and deep. And all the lead actors truly own their roles.

I was feeling sad until Schur said that the plan was always 4 seasons! Most shows don't get to end on their own terms.

I always envisioned this series getting a solid five seasons in, but like Legion and Preacher, the series gets to end on its own terms rather than having the plug pulled prematurely. That's more than most shows can say nowadays. And it helps that the series has been stellar from start to now.

Honestly, Schur has built a good enough track record for himself across several series that, even if the show dipped from its current quality, I believe it would still be great. But narratively, I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"