NBC's ''The Blacklist''

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wouldn't worry about the case of the week format we have seen so far. From my understanding NBC makes new show establish itself in this manner first before they can move onto to a more serialized format. I am not saying this is the case here but there is high probability it may happen as was the case with Grimm and Hannibal.

Last edited:
http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/nbcs-the-blacklist-gets-back-9-order/
NBC’s ‘The Blacklist’ Gets Back 9 Order
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

No surprise here — NBC breakout new drama The Blacklist has received an early Back 9 pickup, bringing its first season order to a full-season 22 episodes. James Spader shines as the enigmatic Red Reddington in the thriller procedural from Sony Pictures TV and Davis Entertainment, which opened with a 3.8 Live+Same Day adults 18-49 rating. “The many layers of Red Reddington and his mysterious reasons for getting into bed with the FBI seem to be fascinating to fans of this show,” said NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke. Through the first two weeks of the season, The Blacklist has averaged a 3.6 18-49 rating and 12 million viewers, ranking as the No.1 most watched new drama this fall and No.2 in 18-49. The series has dominated the Monday 10 PM hour, and the Sept. 23 premiere added 4.4 million time-shifting viewers in Live+3. The Blacklist stars Spader and Megan Boone, with Diego Klattenhoff, Harry Lennix, Ryan Eggold and Parminder Nagra co-starring. It joins Fox’s new drama Sleepy Hollow, which received a second season order yesterday, with a pickup for ABC’s Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. likely to come next.

Spader is good at the role. He's got that very well played poker face where he seems to be up to one thing but is really doing another. He's either a very crafty villain with a deeper agenda like global control (ala Moriarty) no one is seening or he's a very crafty hero who has been so covered in tarnish digging into the criminal underworld you can't see him for who he is.

Digging this show so far. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered, though. The second "case" was a little too similar to the first, in my eyes.

Other than Spader playing the FBI for chumps, which I think is sort of the hook for the series and the character being a mastermind and all, what do you think was so similar to the prev. ep.?

I am really enjoying this show...just watched the first two episodes again on On Demand....

How many here think that Red's motivation is that he's actually running from something? I feel it's possible that the whole "I just wanna know Boone" angle is a... RED herring. (I am terrible... A terrible, terrible person) Bad puns aside, as it stands Red is a well protected man. Could fear of someone far worse than himself explain his return to "government service"?

I hope that is the scenario...how cool would it be to have a villain that the main villain is afraid of.....and her husband is a part of that scenario even more than what we have seen thus far....

If there were a bigger, badder villain out there I'm sure he's even better connected and capable of having him killed so being in the open like this is probably not safe.

Although I can see the alternative is that in being so publically visible taking a chance to kill him risks exposure.

I have always loved villain vs villain stories in my superhero fiction. It's a nice change of pace and I can only but hope I might be on to something here. Something like a Moriarity typr vs a Lex Luthor type?

Great Episode, did anyone screen capture what was in the file on the husband?

That guy playing Wujing has become the go to guy for playing a villainous Chinese character since TDK. lol

Interesting that her husband is protected by the government. Former CIA operative?

Ressler was bad ass last night.

How many here think that Red's motivation is that he's actually running from something? I feel it's possible that the whole "I just wanna know Boone" angle is a... RED herring. (I am terrible... A terrible, terrible person) Bad puns aside, as it stands Red is a well protected man. Could fear of someone far worse than himself explain his return to "government service"?

I would like that over Liz being his daughter. He brought up her father last night again. Nothing explosive but the way he was talking. Either the father did something amazing for him & Red now owes him or the father is worse than him thus leading to your theory.

That guy playing Wujing has become the go to guy for playing a villainous Chinese character since TDK. lol

Interesting that her husband is protected by the government. Former CIA operative?

Ressler was bad ass last night.

I would like that over Liz being his daughter. He brought up her father last night again. Nothing explosive but the way he was talking. Either the father did something amazing for him & Red now owes him or the father is worse than him thus leading to your theory.

Maybe I was seeing things last night but, I thought that the people sneaking in to the house I saw later outside in a van.

Maybe I was seeing things last night but, I thought that the people sneaking in to the house I saw later outside in a van.

I'm talking what we learned from the ballistic test. Ressler & his boss said any briefing on the homicide that the weapon is linked to would require the Secretary of Homeland Security. The husband is protected.

As for those guys who broke into her home and wired the place up. They pull some ninja stuff when the lady friend came back to get her purse. I don't think they're U.S. or Red's people.

Last edited:
Great Episode, did anyone screen capture what was in the file on the husband?

It didnt reveal much

Anyway one thing I love about this show is the choice of music they have used.

Good ep. Red is kind of a good mentor for Keen. He is a methodical thinker and planner but he also has a gift for improvising given a change in circumstances. I really hope that she's not his relation in some way. That being said... I don't think he was lying about how important Keen means to him AT THE MOMENT. If there iis a famial connection is this a donor situation? He needs a genetic match because of an illness? Maybe he want her to donate something but he also wants her to choose to help him? The Blacklist gambit is also a way to make amends to the world before he may die? Hmmm... Too reverse Walter White?

I also think the plot with the husband may have nothing to do with Red. I think Red will sort of guide in unraveling her husband's past but I don't think he was aware of or is behind with that mystery.

Another good episode, Red's quick instinct to kill the computer guy was brutal but necessary, the guy was selling lives anyway. His protectiveness of Liz is intriguing and that moment in the car with her at the end was the first time his guard dropped and he seemed genuine about her.

The stuff with Liz's husband is also interesting, it would seem he's possibly a government assassin but I wonder if the person he killed is linked into whatever Red is up to. I also wonder what those numbers meant that were in the envelope with the Chinese writing on.

The action in this show is pretty well shot and brutal for NBC, the fight at the under construction skyscraper was cool, did Ressler kick that guy straight off the end?

As for those guys who broke into her home and wired the place up. They pull some ninja stuff when the lady friend came back to get her purse. I don't think they're U.S. or Red's people.

I was thinking that the apple eating guy that set that up and was watching Liz's home at the end might be her father.

The action in this show is pretty well shot and brutal for NBC, the fight at the under construction skyscraper was cool, did Ressler kick that guy straight off the end?

I think he only gave the first guy the boot. He pounded away on the 2nd guy's face til it got boring.

Hmmm... MR. APPLE JACK (let's call him that til' we get a name) could be our hero's long lost Poppy now interested in her life because Red is now in it? The father is like Red, methodical, maybe he'd wrather scoop out things first before revealing himself? Too soap opera, maybe?

I think he only gave the first guy the boot. He pounded away on the 2nd guy's face til it got boring.

It looked to me like he punted one of the guys off the end of the building but they didn't show him plummeting all the way to the ground.

Its gonna be awkward if Apple guy is Elizabeths father, esp if there are camera's in the bedroom.

*takes a bite out of his apple* ''thats my girl''

love this song from last nights episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"