NBC's The Office: Second Season

Mr.Webs

Something Witty Here
Reaction score
Did anyone else watch tonight's season premiere?:D I of course did, and absolutley loved it. I especially liked the part when Scott kind of became downhearted, but then how his spirit's were lifted by his employees.:cool:

Yeah, I saw it. Pretty funny, indeed.

"From now on, there will be only 2 men's bathrooms."

I didn't even think a second season would come about so soon, now I have to download this aswell as Nip/Tuck.

Off I go to torrent, a torrenting I will go.

Dark Carnage said:
I didn't even think a second season would come about so soon, now I have to download this aswell as Nip/Tuck.

Off I go to torrent, a torrenting I will go.

Ditto. There's been no news for months and months except for that it was renewed, and now the first episode already aired? Goddamn. *follows DC's trail.*

Watched it last night it was quite good. Have to buy the season one DVD later this year.

Man, I can just wonder how insane that commentary is.;)

Check out the UK version as well. I love the US one, but God is the British one funny:D

Who watched tonight? The blow up doll was hillarious.

Scott: I couldn't take a bath with Pam.......no matter how much I wanted to.

JLBats said:
Check out the UK version as well. I love the US one, but God is the British one funny:D

Done, own the DVD's. I'm glad that this remake outing has chosen to make an effort to actually adapt and be funny, rather than just bank on the original series' success, like Men Behaving Badly, Coupling, etc. Who's bright idea was it to make a US version of Absolutely Fabulous without the drugs and alcohol? :rolleyes:

WallCrawl said:
Done, own the DVD's. I'm glad that this remake outing has chosen to make an effort to actually adapt and be funny, rather than just bank on the original series' success, like Men Behaving Badly,

Men Behaving Badly was fine until Eldard and Bateman left. Making Schneider's character the focus is what killed it for me.

Who's bright idea was it to make a US version of Absolutely Fabulous without the drugs and alcohol? :rolleyes:

There's a US version of AbFab coming out?!? I figured it'd happen sooner or later.

KenK said:
Men Behaving Badly was fine until Eldard and Bateman left. Making Schneider's character the focus is what killed it for me.

There's a US version of AbFab coming out?!? I figured it'd happen sooner or later.

It already happened. Didn't last very long, natch.

How'd it slip under my radar? What was it? Did they change the title completely or something? Who was in it?

KenK said:
How'd it slip under my radar? What was it? Did they change the title completely or something? Who was in it?

Roseanne (Barr/Arnold) acquired the American adaptation rights to Absolutely Fabulous but was unable to progress the idea, reportedly because the networks were unhappy with the notorious nature of the comedy.

And although not officially a direct adaptation of AbFab, the US sitcom High Society (which ran on CBS for 13 episodes, from 30 October 1995 to 26 February 1996, before being cancelled) seemed to be based upon a similar premise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/a/absolutelyfabulo_7770095.shtml

Missed the first episode, but saw last nights. I loved it:D

I especially laughed when Dwight asked what a clitoris was:D

Does anyone know if this will be six episodes like the first season (and the UK version) or if itll be longer?:confused:

CantThinkOfAName said:
Does anyone know if this will be six episodes like the first season (and the UK version) or if itll be longer?:confused:

It looks like there's only six episodes on tap.

WallCrawl said:
It looks like there's only six episodes on tap.
Well I hope it goes for a few more seasons than the UK version. Two seasons is too short, special or no special:(

CantThinkOfAName said:
Well I hope it goes for a few more seasons than the UK version. Two seasons is too short, special or no special:(

I think the original office is fairly perfect the way it is. The American Office is much episodic, and i think would be more suited to a longer run.

WallCrawl said:
I think the original office is fairly perfect the way it is. The American Office is much episodic, and i think would be more suited to a longer run.
YEah, the way the story went, it ended perfectly, but I still wanted more:(

CantThinkOfAName said:
YEah, the way the story went, it ended perfectly, but I still wanted more:(

That's just the mark of a good series. And We all know that The Office was a great one.

i havnt seen the us version, is it as good as the uk one???? the only other show ive seen go from uk to us is reddwarf and that was crap compared, how does this one fare???

Last night's was hilarious. The Office Olympics were a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"