Need Ex-Friendship Advice

Jack Bauer

The Bizarro Jack Bauer
Reaction score
An old friend had called saying that she wanted to talk with because she hadn't spoken to me in four years, since when I last talked with her it was in Oct of 2005. What happened was she called me up out of the blue just early this week and sounded like she had changed, because in my experience she was a controlling woman. I'm having a feeling that she may want something from me, and I don't know if I should go through it or not.

Advice?

An old friend had called saying that she wanted to talk with because she hadn't spoken to me in four years, since when I last talked with her it was in Oct of 2005. What happened was she called me up out of the blue just early this week and sounded like she had changed, because in my experience she was a controlling woman. I'm having a feeling that she may want something from me, and I don't know if I should go through it or not.

Advice?

::Looks at your avatar::

Demand to know where the damn bomb is and that you can grant her immunity for past and present crimes. :o:cmad:

I'd hang out with her a few times to see if your suspicions are correct or not.

It seems clear that you still think of her as a friend. Give her a shot, just be mindful of the past.

/fortune cookie.

I see nothing wrong with meeting/talking with her. Just because she wants something doesn't mean you have to give it to her.

If your extremely curious of her, talk to her on the phone a few times first. My Ex contacted me not long ago, saying she was different and all that. After talking to her a few times, I realized she was still insane and decided not to meet up with her.

It is curious for her to pop up out of nowhere, but you have nothing to lose by hanging out with her.

It's not about hanging out with her; it's just she must have a reasoning to call me again when I last talked with her in '05. And she called back at least three times today, looking for me when I was out of at the moment.

What's the worst that could happen? Go for it man.

You should, of course, meet her. A controlling woman is a rare find these days. You must embrace the fact that someone wants to take charge of your life... consider it a positive aspect.

Think about it...

- You will not have to control your own life
- She would control it for you
- She would control her life as well... no sweat
- You would be able to kick back and let her run your life
- She could tell you what to do about every aspect/decision in your life
- You would never want for a decision again
- Your brain could be on cruise control
- Your vocabulary could be shortened to "Yes, Ma'am"... that's EASY!

There are really too many benefits to list here... you'll just have to take the plunge and bask in the surf of her vice grip on your soul.

:up:

!

Should I need to say that this friend is somewhat of a psychopath? I say this because she seemed to go off on me when I did not want to do something she wanted to do, and I don't think I have in my bones to say 'Yes, Ma'am' or something to that affect. In short she's a bother.

Pretty much everything regarding her. You see when I had been friends with her, she had been a control freak and wanted things her way and not thinking of what I wanted to do. Everything was peaceful until she called out of the blue. I don't know, maybe its because I am a cyclic of sorts, but I know trouble.

Is this woman older or younger than you? If she is older, you should feel sorry for her and provide for her as much as you can before she passes on. If she is younger, you should humor her and buy her candy and a teddy bear.

She's younger, but I don't think I am the candy and teddy bear type where I am more of the "trying to figure out what the hell is calling me about" type. Friend wise I do care but I think she's kinda pushing me into the reconnect zone.

I've heard things about that zone. I've heard that the grass is thicker.

The thing is I hate when she's pushing me into being friends with her again, when it took her all this time to call back. Her reasoning was that an old friend called her back and wanted to do the same. I know that's nice, but if getting annoying by calling three times in one day including when I'm sleeping, I know something off.

You should, of course, meet her. A controlling woman is a rare find these days. You must embrace the fact that someone wants to take charge of your life... consider it a positive aspect.

Think about it...

- You will not have to control your own life
- She would control it for you
- She would control her life as well... no sweat
- You would be able to kick back and let her run your life
- She could tell you what to do about every aspect/decision in your life
- You would never want for a decision again
- Your brain could be on cruise control
- Your vocabulary could be shortened to "Yes, Ma'am"... that's EASY!

There are really too many benefits to list here... you'll just have to take the plunge and bask in the surf of her vice grip on your soul.

:up:

!

And if she's really controlling, leather whips and handcuffs may be in your future. :up:

Dude I had a similar thing happen recently.

A friend of mine who really screwed me over a couple years back came back into my life. She contacted me over Facebook, and said that she had been thinking about the things that happened between her and I, and that she was sorry for what happened, and that I was a very good friend to her (something she had never said to me when we were friends before).

It was a little easier for me, because I live in a different state now, so the only contact I can have with her is through Facebook or the phone - but I decided to see what she had to say, and through talking to her, I realized that she truly has changed - at least that's what I get from her from talking to her over the phone. She's not the same person that she was that screwed me over, so I've been able to forgive her, and move on with life, and now her and I are friends again and keep in touch pretty regularly.

I feel like this - people make mistakes. But it isn't the mistakes that we make that define us, it's how we respond to them. She made a mistake and hurt me. But she responded to that by understanding that she did something wrong, and doing what was necessary (on her own) to right those wrongs. I've made really bad mistakes to the people that I care about too, mistakes that don't define me as a person, mistakes that I had to overcome. If someone is willing to reach out to you and put themselves on the line like that, I feel that they have earned a chance.

I say go for it - but be weary.

I say stay away from stuff like that. A girl who I was with and even lived with and I broke up, two years later she contacted me and we made an attempt at it again ... that time it lasted 3 months and at the end she admitted she was just using me for my money those months and broke it off.

What's wrong with meeting with her? She probably just wants you to get to know your son or daugther.

Alright I may think where this going since I talked with her yesterday. Apparently she wants to become friends again, yet I have this feeling that there's more to this. Then again I should just be off of Batman mode. I don't know, personally I do care enough to be friends with her but she put under some heavy stress back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"