Need For Speed

This looks good. If anything the race scenes will be great.

Doesn't look like anything especially good based on the trailers, but I know I'll be watching this anyway. Loved the NFS games on PC back in the day when they were awesome (Hot Pursuit & High Stakes - the Windows 95 versions, looks like there are some newer entries with the same titles?).

At least they're keeping in the aspect of fast sports cars and police chases. It'd be a great nod to the games to see the police lay down a spike strip at one point and to hear their radio chatter. Maybe even an in-car 1st-person view at some point too, that would be awesome!

Last edited:
Doesn't look like anything especially good based on the trailers, but I know I'll be watching this anyway. Loved the NFS games on PC back in the day when they were awesome (Hot Pursuit & High Stakes - the Windows 95 versions, looks like there are some newer entries with the same titles?).

At least they're keeping in the aspect of fast sports cars and police chases. It'd be a great nod to the games to see the police lay down a spike strip at one point and to hear their radio chatter. Maybe even an in-car 1st-person view at some point too, that would be awesome!

In the extended look super bowl ad a police man/deputy does that. Puts his night club stick on the gas or something and says something on radio and then car goes froward coming out of woods and takes out a speeding race car. In a making of video on youtube another cop laid down a tire trap.

Honestly, I think the movie is gonna look beautiful and have awesome camera angles. Acting and script may be below Fast series. I don't care, I want a cool looking popcorn movie.

In the extended look super bowl ad a police man/deputy does that. Puts his night club stick on the gas or something and says something on radio and then car goes froward coming out of woods and takes out a speeding race car. In a making of video on youtube another cop laid down a tire trap.

Honestly, I think the movie is gonna look beautiful and have awesome camera angles. Acting and script may be below Fast series. I don't care, I want a cool looking popcorn movie.

Just watched that extended look, dang that part was pretty cool. Looks like this movie will have some awesome scenery too, another NFS tradtion. ;)

I agree, the camera work in this movie is looking really cool. Should be awesome on the big screen.

This movie is gonna be this months Yo (I) Frankenstein

Told everybody in this thread and nobody cared. The UK poster online has ''in 2D and 3D'' already. Yes, it is last minute though. I imagine I see it in 2d and 3D though in theaters.

I doubt this movie will bomb like I, Frankenstein. If it bombs, it be Battleship level. Disney's Buena Vista and Dreamworks is promoting the hell out of this movie. I say this cause when a movie gets a superbowl ad....it's make or break. I think the movie will surprise critics and do $70M in theaters. Maybe hit around $200 WW and get a sequel.

Apparently there's been a press screener or sneak peeks....I asked on imdb board and was told two running times. A bit over 2 hours and 2 hours 10 minutes. :woot: love it.

EDIT: Yep, Disney is giving it a vote of confidence. The movie has/will be screening in cities to create word of mouth. It screen at Toronto not long ago. Early screening for critics as well.

Last edited:
Wasn't last minute? Spin, spin, spin!

For ****'s sake....

http://marketsaw.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/perfect-need-for-speed-will-be-in-3d.html#.UvG8SrQiSyJ

The story *broke* about it being released in 3D On Dec 19th 2013

You can even tell some scenes were shot with 3D in mind. In the super bowl spot it ends with the Ford Mustang coming right at you (the viewer) a clearly 3D shot. Like I said, the UK poster that came out in Dec or Jan said in 2D and 3D.

The only reason it seems last minute is because the distributor (here in the States) fumbled the decision. It was the German distributer that was the first to say it was in 3D.

"I was against 3D, but then I saw the test and loved it"

Typical answer.

New tv spots....

[YT]i3YJcTcaeII[/YT]

[YT]FJdRJn7FzN4[/YT]

I am being nit picky, but how Ms. Poots says 'Right a wrong' in second tv spot doesn't sound...good.

I have tickets for this tonight but I don't think I'll be able to make it :(

Anyway, the tv ad campaign has kicked off and it's....aggressive.

A tv ad during Sunday's ''The Walking Dead'' on AMC. And on Monday during WWE Raw on USA Network and a tv ad during Teen Wolf on MTV.

I imagine I'll see an ad during Syfy shows as well.

New cheese filled clip out on EW only.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/02/...-for-the-race-before-the-race-exclusive-clip/

Keaton's laugh is only good thing in clip.

So, gonna assume all the cars in the race before the race are fitted with those cameras?

Oh and for Word of mouth....100 special advance screenings tonight.

Gonna assume opening weekend under $25Million would be not good considering the ad campaign and all these clips and sneak peek screenings.

Soooooooo, movie is a awesome 2 hours and 10 minutes. Via imdb.com. Goes hand in hand with the sneak preview screenings of 2 hours or 2 hrs 10 minutes.

For the most part I've read it's so-so, okay, or good/decent. Read Aaron Paul, cars, action, DOP is best thing.

:o hell, that's all I want to see.

When I first saw the trailer, I thought it was fan made, lol.

Aaron Paul is hosting Monday Night Raw next Monday so it should be an....interesting show.

Aaron Paul is hosting Monday Night Raw next Monday so it should be an....interesting show.

That is....interesting.

Need for Speed is just uploading new tv spots, clips, everday for past week it seems. Kinda annoying spoiler wise. But at same time they are agressive marketing, I like that.

More and more tv spots. Believe I've seen spots on USANetwork, Syfy, and TheCW so far. Oh, AMC during Walking Dead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"