Fox Wants Keanu Reeves to Return for Speed 3?

FAMILY GUY strikes again. SPEED 3: GLACIER OF DOOM!

considering the current trend of having hardons over prequels.

i bet they are going to have a prequel where we learn how Keanu Reeves became a cop.

how exciting

:whatever:

there is more chance of Heath Ledger reprising his role as the Joker than there is of Keanu Reeves doing another Speed movie.

what a joke these people at Fox are!
:funny:

Keanu reeves does not need Speed 3. He has the money, and the star power already. He does not benefit from it at all.

If he didn't want to do part 2, why do part 3? Not only that, YEARS after part 2?

Keanu Reeves is the "highest paid actor of all time"?

How'd I miss that? *researches*

Or were they just referring to the Matrix films?

This franchise.... was never a franchise to begin with... Fox needs to give it a rest.

yeah, it was never a real franchise.

Stupid Fox. "Let's bring back Planet of the Apes and Speed, despite our last attempts failing bad!"

So desperate.

Yeah, the first Speed was great; no sequel was necessary. Sequels always come off ridiculous in these hostage situation movies, even in the Die Hard series. You could argue that at least Die Hard 2 had a sense of humor about it ("How could the same thing happen to the same guy twice?") but even so, it still comes off really unbelievable that the SAME cop would get stuck in the EXACT SAME situation.

I will give the third and fourth Die Hard films credit for at least establishing different reasons for McClain's involvement instead of just, "Hey! Guess who just happens to be in the building today!"

I give Die Hard 3 credit for being..fun. Die Hard 4, I need to see again, because I kept complaining that John was too much of a superhero in that one. And the fun of the original Die Hard was that McClain was way over his head. And shoeless.

Fox is digging out old franchises that can bring them money because of their terrible year of films.

I give Die Hard 3 credit for being..fun. Die Hard 4, I need to see again, because I kept complaining that John was too much of a superhero in that one. And the fun of the original Die Hard was that McClain was way over his head. And shoeless.

Yeah Die Hard 4 was REALLY over-the-top. I didn't hate it, but I still found it pretty absurd. DH3 was a cool concept but Sam Jackson's character really got on my nerves. He didn't even DO anything. He just ran around b**ching the whole time. If I were McClane I would have shot him. DH2 was just stupid altogether, and any movie that forces me to endure Fred Thompson's acting automatically gets a thumbs down. The original will forever be the greatest action movie of all time though, at least for me.

Die Hard 4 wouldn't have been so bad if there wasnt that completely ridiculous fighter jet scene.

And maybe the elevator thing was a bit much

I liked DH4, McClane being invincible was abit of an overstatement, he got shot in the shoulder and sold it like he was about to die. Before that it was a few kicks and punches and McClane style near misses.

Speed 3 could work, but they'd have to treat it with some respect, if it's going to be a typical Fux no budget, shot in toronto, 80 minute, PG-13 film, then f*** it, directed by some regeime appointed hack like John Moore, Paul W.S. Anderson or the Brothers *****e don't even bother.

Yes, Fox's trademark of filming in Toronto is spreading online like wildfire!!

Is anyone really craving another Speed movie? The first one was great, but the second one was a bomb. I don't see a point.

also , i seriously doubt keanu would want to do this.

for starters, Keanu is one of the highest paid actors, if not the highest paid actor in hollywood.

he doesn't need the money and considering the 2nd speed film flopped, he will never do a speed 3, not even if he became broke!

what I guess will happen is that Speed 3 will be made DTV, and have some low budget cast and that will be the end of it.

I guess they can't come up with anything better than milking... :)

hahahha milking

Yes i just laughed at my own joke...:(

I guess they can't come up with anything better than milking

Oh Im sure ID4 2 is next when Wills career dies down & heck Im sure Jeff & Bill would have no problem doing it now but Will would probably say no since for now hes getting plenty of movies but knowing Fox they are waiting for the right time to get Jeff, Bill & Will all back

Has this one be already posted?

Reeves denies 'Speed 3' return.

Keanu Reeves has quashed rumours that he will star in a third Speed movie.

Reports recently surfaced online claiming that 20th Century Fox has a script for a Speed 3 that features Reeves's cop character Jack Traven.

Speaking to IGN, the actor denied knowledge of the project and insisted that he won't star in it.

"I honestly don't know anything about it," he said. "I don't know if they are going to make another one, and if they are it won't be with me... honestly!"

The original Speed, which starred Reeves and Sandra Bullock, revolved around a bus wired up to a bomb that would explode should the vehicle's speed drop below 50 mph. A sequel was made with Jason Patric stepping in as a new character to replace Reeves.

Keanu Reeves said:
I don't know if they are going to make another one, and if they are it won't be with me... honestly!
one of the coolest things he's ever said...

...besides "woah!".

The first speed was kind of cool, and I wouldn't mind a three but theres no chance Reeves would come back. He didn't even come back for Point break 2, or Bill and Ted 3, so why would he come back for this.

Poor Fox they have a few bad years, and now they're trying to save themselves by making new versions of old hits.

Keanu Reeves now open to Speed 3?

“Probably not,” Keanu first said, but then added, “Never say never, right?”
“Sandra and I could probably do something pretty groovy with that,” he said. “Maybe [if] we were traveling through Europe… maybe on the Serengeti, and there was some kind of mishap,” the actor added. “It could be like a world tour. [Or] maybe we could go to Polynesia and then take us all across the world. Maybe if we shot for like four months and we have like a week off in every country, telling this kind of adventurous story for this couple.”
I can only imagine that someone from the studio has presented Reeves with the idea for a "Speed 3" in the past week (he would, after all, be seeing a lot of Fox at the moment being that he's full-tilt into the "Day the Earth Stood Still" junket) and he's being careful not to dismiss it as quickly as he did previously - just in case.

Here is your plot... Sandra and Keanu are tourists traveling around and run into each other in the airport... then terrorists seize the plane and plant some fancy smancy bomb... it'll be a blockbuster all right... :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"