Need for Speed -Now being developed by Criterion

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
Not liking this at all. EA is taking Criterion, which makes Burnout, and having them work on the next NFS game. Im sure they will turn out a great product, but Id rather them do another Burnout game then stuck with that series. I think its best to have 2 different developers on the 2 different racing franchises to keep them distinct and preserve their own unique personality and feel

As for the other announcement, Criterion Games, the famed developer behind the Burnout series, will indeed be making the next Need for Speed title.

"We've taken the Burnout team and combined it with our Need For Speed franchise," added Pleasants. "So we now have that in our favor because that Burnout team is probably one of the more online-centric and notably high-quality game developers that we have out at Criterion."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/993/993675p1.html

Not liking this at all. EA is taking Criterion, which makes Burnout, and having them work on the next NFS game. Im sure they will turn out a great product, but Id rather them do another Burnout game then stuck with that series. I think its best to have 2 different developers on the 2 different racing franchises to keep them distinct and preserve their own unique personality and feel

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/993/993675p1.html
I feel the exact same way, Criterion should not be making NFS.
EA already said, contrary to rumors, that NFS and Burnout will not merge into a single game, which is great, but even so, they should give it to another developer.

Burnout Paradise was the first racing game I really enjoyed in ages. But "Burnout" is just a word. If Criterion is making another racing game, even if it's not called Burnout, then I'm intrigued.

I just want a NFS game as good as Most Wanted

If they can capture the fun of Burnout and put it into NFS I guess I'll be up for it

Isildur´s Heir;17042156 said:
I feel the exact same way, Criterion should not be making NFS.
EA already said, contrary to rumors, that NFS and Burnout will not merge into a single game, which is great, but even so, they should give it to another developer.
As much as they might say that now, I cant help but feel that it will be hard for Criterion not to create a racing game and not have it be Burnout. They have so many great ideas and gameplay mechanics. I think Need for Spped might end up being like the old school Burnout games with a track with the actual Burnout series now being in an open world

Also how much of a seller is the NFS name these days? Hasnt Burnout surpassed in popularity? Wouldnt it make more sense for EA to get Criterion to make another Burnout game instead of pulling them away and having them work on series thats been going downhill? Its been quite sometime since Burnout Paraidse was released (Jan 08). If they start developing now, they could released a sequel by late next year which will have spaced the games 2 1/2 to 3 years apart.

I thought NFS was taking a more simulation style route? Isnt the new NFS:Shift supposed to be more like GRiD?

Just when i thought NFS was headed in a better direction they do this. I hate arcade style racers.

I just want a NFS game as good as Most Wanted
That was the last NFS game I enjoyed. :up:

I'll probably give the new game a look. It may not be Burnout or a "true" Need for Speed or whatever, but if it's fun, I'll give it a shot.

I thought NFS was taking a more simulation style route? Isnt the new NFS:Shift supposed to be more like GRiD?

Just when i thought NFS was headed in a better direction they do this. I hate arcade style racers.

Maybe Shift isn't testing well and EA doesn't have much confidence in it? I think Shift looks awesome, though.

Racing sims bore me to tears. I'd much rather have a looser, arcade-style NfS game.

Maybe Shift isn't testing well and EA doesn't have much confidence in it? I think Shift looks awesome, though.

Yea i know, it was looking a lot like GRID which is an incredible game, better than anything in the NFS series. Like i said, it seemed as tho they were finally gonna get it right.

Racing sims bore me to tears. I'd much rather have a looser, arcade-style NfS game.

Im the complete opposite. I want the cars i drive to handle like their real life counterparts. I dont want to be able to jump through shopping malls off the back of a semi-truck. My fav racing games are the ones like GRID, has the real world feel, but the controls arent as strict as say a Forza or Gran Turismo. I cant wait until Codesmasters releases their F1 game, thats gonna be the sickest thing on the market.

Too complicated for my tastes. If I'm driving in a driving game, I want to be able to cruise around at high speed and do cool stuff. Simple, streamlined design with easy-to-handle cars and an emphasis on the race itself rather than the minutiae of how hard to hit the gas or when the absolute best time to shift to the next gear is.

Too complicated for my tastes. If I'm driving in a driving game, I want to be able to cruise around at high speed and do cool stuff. Simple, streamlined design with easy-to-handle cars and an emphasis on the race itself rather than the minutiae of how hard to hit the gas or when the absolute best time to shift to the next gear is.

Truthfully, I just want to cause mass destruction like in the Burnout games. I had never really been into racing games at all until Burnout 3: Takedown. I don't even mind racing because it is just sooooo damn fun

Ahh, thats what makes a racing game for me. I enjoy using skill to play the game. To do well in a Gran Turismo or Forza, you have to know a little bit about cars and how they react at certain speeds. I love that.

same here. Which is why I loved Test Drive and later Burnout. Never could get into Gran Turismo

Truthfully, I just want to cause mass destruction like in the Burnout games. I had never really been into racing games at all until Burnout 3: Takedown. I don't even mind racing because it is just sooooo damn fun
Yeah, my history with racing games is basically the Burnout series, Need for Speed 3, OutRun, and the Carmageddon series. I really hated when I played Need for Speed Underground, tried to floor it right from the start, and blew my engine up. That's when I completely fell out of love with racing sims.

Yeah, my history with racing games is basically the Burnout series, Need for Speed 3, OutRun, and the Carmageddon series. I really hated when I played Need for Speed Underground, tried to floor it right from the start, and blew my engine up. That's when I completely fell out of love with racing sims.

About the same with me. Most racing games seemed like a giant drag to me. Then I met Burnout 3, she's still the best:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"