NES mini version including 30 games

Huh, I wonder if the "The controller is the bottleneck" rumor is true?

So, for those who've played the console. . . are there any games on it that make you go "Why did Nintendo include *this*?"

No. I think all the games on the list are solid choices and signature NES games.

So, for those who've played the console. . . are there any games on it that make you go "Why did Nintendo include *this*?"

Nah. If anything I'd want more games. I don't feel like anything is out of place. It's a solid little collection.

This is a rumor . So please wait for further details

Today at 10:27 am
The NES Classic has been notoriously hard to get a hold of. The device has been sold out since it first launched...Readmore

[FONT=&quot]The NES Classic has been notoriously hard to get a hold of. The device has been sold out since it first launched in November 2016 and hasn't seen much respite from the shortage. Even high-level game industry folks have spoken out about the shortage.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While scalpers have been successfully turning around to eBay to flip the NES Classic for a profit, there's potentially some worse news on the horizon. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Take this with a grain of salt as Nintendo has not confirmed anything related to the NES Classic and production ceasing. That being said, a Norwegian retailer, as well as other Nordic retailers are suggesting that the NES Classic is ceasing production in the Nordic region.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A Norwegian retailer, Spillsjappa, has confirmed that the NES Classic will only be available until April, after that, there will be no more NES Classic Mini's available from the general distributor of the device in Nordic countries.

The translation of the confirmation is rough at best, but the general idea of the post is that the Nordic Nintendo importer Bergsala AB has expired (or discontinued) the NES Classic. The last deliveries of the console will be sent out in March and April, "then it's over." The retailer will send out emails to those who had pre-ordered the console and will not be receiving it.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The retailer went on to apologize that they will not be able to fulfill all pre-orders, saying that they "regret" this and they had been initially informed that they would "soon be able to deliver to all" but received a "contra message" that stated otherwise.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In reply to those wondering if the drought of NES Classics would spill into the rest of Europe, Spillsjappa stated that they didn't have any information on whether Nintendo would be producing more NES Classics for the European market.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In addition to this, other retailers in the region have not outright revealed that the NES Classic's production might have been ceased. Instead, they are emailing customers informing them that their order might be canceled. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][NeoGaf][/FONT]
source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

It makes no sense they would cease production completely yet.

NPD: The NES Classic Edition Was The Third Best-Selling Console In January 2017. February 17, 2017 . 3:00am

Industry-tracking firm, NPD Group, shared their January 2017 report, where it was revealed that the throwback mini console, NES Classic Edition, out-sold the Wii U to take third spot in console sales.

9 comments Read >

rs_560x350160714150459nintendorelancamento180983_thumb.jpg

Industry-tracking firm, NPD Group, shared their January 2017 report, where it was revealed that the throwback mini console, NES Classic Edition, out-sold the Wii U to take third spot in console sales. [Thanks, VentureBeat.]

We learned earlier this month that the NES Classic Edition surpassed 1.5 million units in global sales, so it comes as no surprise to see it top the Wii U, which will basically be replaced by Nintendo’s new hardware, Nintendo Switch, when it releases in March 3, so it makes sense that its sales have dropped.

The NES Classic Edition includes 30 built-in classic games. What’s most surprising about this is that the device has been difficult to find at retailers or online through the month of January, but it still managed to take the third spot of the console list.

Read more stories about NES Classic Edition on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

Because you can walk into any store, and not-see them on the shelves? *zing!*

Well, guess I'm not getting one. Nintendo is discontinuing it.

I don't understand this at all.

It was something to sell during Christmas. I can understand the reason. I just really wanted one.

I get a limited sale window, but unless manufacturing costs of disproportionate, I don't get pulling the plug while demand is still high. Unless I'm greatly misinterpreting the demand. This thing has been hard to get since release.

Or are setting up a way to buy those games individually. For a higher price.

Welp, another reason for me to dust off my Raspberry Pi and install RetroPie.

I'm glad I got myself one and even more glad I kept the box. In the future I see Nintendo doing more of these limited run nostalgia based novelties. They should just be more up front about them being limited run items.

Lol, wow. I didn't have a lot of interest it in myself, but that's so dumb

two articles (one in video) from different places about a possible "Rumored "SNes mini. Those the want if it happens to be true those that have been wishing for this out loud better get on this

[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]5:45[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[YT]mtP2Tbep6Ng[/YT]
[FONT=&quot]SNES Classic Incoming? - The Rundown - Electric Playground

[/FONT]
1,743 views[FONT=&quot]6 hours ago[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Published on 19 Apr 2017[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Victor is bringing us the Rundown from an undisclosed location today. We've got rumours about a potential Super Nintendo Classic, a look at the latest DLC for Titanfall 2, loads of news about upcoming Marvel projects like Spider-Man Homecoming, Facebook takes another big step into virtual reality, eSports might be coming to the Olympic Games, and finally, we have some awesome news for StarCraft fans!
[/FONT]

Also with

[FONT=&quot]If it's real, it better have Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, and Super Metroid.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Towards the end of last week, the NES Classic was officially discontinued by Nintendo. The announcement came after a few rumblings on the internet that suggested Nintendo had been gearing up to stop producing the console.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A new rumbling is happening on the web and it's about another retro console making a comeback. It is being reported by sources close to Nintendo that a Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) Mini (or SNES Classic Edition) is scheduled to release later this year, possibly during the holiday season. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Back in December, Nintendo filed a trademark for the SNES' Super Famicon controller, a move that supports this rumor.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to the sources, development on the SNES Mini has already begun and it is the primary reason why the NES Mini was discontinued.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If the SNES Mini is indeed real, it will likely receive the same treatment as the NES Classic, where there will be a limited amount of units available and will not be a long-term product, regardless of high demand. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What games would you want to see on a SNES Mini?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][Eurogamer][/FONT]
IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
NINTENDO
[/FONT]

source: EPN.tv& http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

^ makes me so Happy and Angry because I know this'll be another short supply situation made worse by the NES classic pent up demand that remains.

Hopefully Nintendo dials up the initial production run more for this one, if true. I mean, they can still aim conservatively, just not quite as crazily short as the NES Classic.

Yeah, this has the potential to sell even better than the NES.

Way better.

Especially if they include 20-30 games.

Yeah this would/will definitely be a preorder.

I didn't really pursue a mini-NES because this is what I really wanted.

Will definitely attempt to pre-order this one if it becomes real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"