NES mini version including 30 games

Yeah I heard it is. I'm going to try tomorrow. I guess scalpers are using bots to help buy them quicker.

Well what's really making it hard is that Nintendo is creating "artificial demand" for it. I'm hearing stores that will get as little as 3 units and as many as 12, which is definitely not enough. And it's not because they underestimated how popular it would be, but rather the opposite.

The sad thing is there are people paying $500 for it now on ebay, but in six months, you're guaranteed to find them everywhere, much like the Wii and WiiFit when they were first released.

Yeah. Hopefully they don't do this with the mini SNES (Which I'm sure they will do now.)

I'm kinda concerned about the 3DS that they're going to have next week. It's supposed to be a Black Friday exclusive, so it may not be available afterward, which sucks because $99 is a great price for a standard 3DS. My sister wants one for her son, and I want a second one, butt I fear I won't be able to get one at all.

Just got back from GameStop, and the Nintendo representative said there will be plenty of these for Christmas time. That gives me hope that we won't be left out in the rain.

I was BSing with a GameStop manager this weekend who told me Nintendo was the worst (and most arrogant) company to deal with.

For any given launch day they would order, say, 20-30 consoles - not even taking into account pre-orders. When placing initial orders for the NES Classic, Nintendo effectively told them, "You'll get nothing and like it!" Refused to tell them how many they were sending. They got 6 consoles last Friday.

And now they won't even tell them when they will get more. Even being coy about Black Friday. But let's not kid ourselves, they will make damn sure plenty are available for retailers before Christmas. This is 100% a crappy ploy to drive up demand... and most importantly, their stock price.

I was BSing with a GameStop manager this weekend who told me Nintendo was the worst (and most arrogant) company to deal with.

For any given launch day they would order, say, 20-30 consoles - not even taking into account pre-orders. When placing initial orders for the NES Classic, Nintendo effectively told them, "You'll get nothing and like it!" Refused to tell them how many they were sending. They got 6 consoles last Friday.

And now they won't even tell them when they will get more. Even being coy about Black Friday. But let's not kid ourselves, they will make damn sure plenty are available for retailers before Christmas. This is 100% a crappy ploy to drive up demand... and most importantly, their stock price.
Yeah, I know someone who works at a Best Buy and he said they are clearing out spaces in the coming weeks. He said they usually wouldn't do that unless they are expecting enough inventory to warrant it.

For sure, there will be enough units for everyone. It's just Nintendo's methods that are awful.

• This Wireless Controller Fixes A Big Problem With The NES Classic Edition

News
    hot-post.png
    on Nov 30, 2016 at 01:25 PM

This third-party peripheral does what Nintendon't.
    ... More

source: GI

Amazon Teases At “Exciting Announcements” Coming Soon Regarding The NES Classic Edition. December 7, 2016 . 8:30am

Amazon has sent out a message on Twitter saying that fans can look forward to “a couple of exciting announcements” regarding the system “in the coming week.”

7 comments Read >

When the NES Classic Edition released last month, the miniature console packed with a library of 30 classic games sold out at a staggering rate at nearly all retailers. However, Amazon has sent out a message on Twitter saying that fans can look forward to “a couple of exciting announcements” regarding the system “in the coming week.”

Here’s a look at Amazon’s official tweet:
Amazon Video Games Verified account ‏@amazongames

NES Classic fans: we've got a couple exciting announcements to make in the coming week. Stay tuned for more info soon!

4:21 PM - 6 Dec 2016

For right now, only time will tell if these announcements will have anything to do with a possible restock of the NES Classic Edition on Amazon.

Read more stories about NES Classic Edition on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

I'd much rather hear word from Nintendo, that they've finally ramped up production and will be able to actually meet demand. *cough*

I'd much rather get a retro-mini SNES.

Last edited:

It's a strategy that works. Business isn't always nice. Also it's better to understock so the products aren't clogging the shelves and just warming shelf space.

When Amiibos first came out, you couldn't keep them on the shelves. And people were going nuts over hard to find characters. The other day, I went into a Toys R Us and bought a Gold Edition Mario.

To be honest, it's an overstate 'strategy' to begin with. I won't go as far as to say Nintendo does it unintentionally, but their prime point in low shipments isn't to force scarcity, it's to keep product costs down. It can have that effect, especially if something is sought after, but the main point is to keep their costs down.

I don't think it's the worst idea ever.

I think once again, with the Amiibo thing, fans got angry. Nintendo made more, and now they are easier to find. I think the anger though is lack of patience and being childish.

Nintendo can't control scalpers buying up products and then selling them for prices well beyond what they are worth. The solution to this is never buy from scalpers who are over-charging for the item.

I don't think it's the worst idea ever.

I think once again, with the Amiibo thing, fans got angry. Nintendo made more, and now they are easier to find. I think the anger though is lack of patience and being childish.

Nintendo can't control scalpers buying up products and then selling them for prices well beyond what they are worth. The solution to this is never buy from scalpers who are over-charging for the item.
Yes they can. Make more. It really is that simple. There was a very good Jimquisition on this. Nintendo sells their stuff like they are toys, not electronics.

I'd much rather get a retro-mini SNES.

As some people pointed out, a mini SNES would be amazing but imagine if Sony made a Mini PS1! I grew up on PlayStation. I have just as much if not even more nostalgia for their games as Nintendo. As long as they get a good mix of all their best IPs in it. 1st and 3rd party. Like mentioned before Nintendo owns most of the games on their mini NES. If Sony did something like this and was able to get FF VII and MGS, I think a ton of people would be interested.

What if they had a mini-SNES and you could plug in drives that had 30 games each.

What gamer wouldn't buy something like that?

What if they had a mini-SNES and you could plug in drives that had 30 games each.

What gamer wouldn't buy something like that?

And miss out the chance to sell you a few of the same games again? Please, this is Nintendo.

And miss out the chance to sell you a few of the same games again? Please, this is Nintendo.
which is sorta the same case with all the console publishers when you think about it. which is why at time they are reluctant with backward compatibility. it'll sorta will be the same deal here. if the other console makers make mini's as well . they will avoid the disc's.

I want to buy a Mini NES, in large part to encourage Nintendo to make a Mini SNES. That said, no, it won't have an expansion port, it'll be the same deal as the Mini NES: 30 games fixed. Which is fine by me, you'd have to work really hard to come up with a 30 game list that wouldn't have me going "So, do you want one child sacrifice or two?"

If they could create the SNES version to be like the Megadrive one which allows cartridges to be used as well as the built-in games it'd be perfection, I think.

That 30 games only and no way to add others in is a drawback to the NES one. Could you imagine if it had a card slot where you could continue to buy games to add to the collection?

Honestly, I don't see the need. There are products already on the market that can play NES/SNES cartridges. The appeal for this, and for the hypothetical SNES Mini, is that its all-in-one plug and play, with carefully designed emulation that's 100% legal. If you want to play an arbitrary number of digital titles, just get a 3DS, and if you want to play your own cartridges, get a Retron.

Seems odd that they wouldn't make it possible to add games.

Not in the slightest. That would greatly increase the cost and complexity of the product, *and* require additional cost and complexity for the backend support. The whole point is for it to be a plug-and-play device at a low price point. Making the NES Classic support adding new games would require:

1. A whole bunch of additional memory, to fit the games and their saves

2. Either a wifi antenna, extra physical ports, or both

3. A more complex OS to support interfacing with the internet

4. Added power supply capacity to support all of the above

That's not going to be a $60 toy anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"