Netflix's Castlevania

I really enjoyed the second season. Felt like it flowed a little better than the first, which kinda felt like it could’ve just been one movie. Excited for what could happen in Season 3, if it happens.

Episode seven was awesome.

Didn't care for the vampire civil war infighting/plotting stuff. It didn't interest me

I enjoyed the banter between the heroes.

Episode seven was awesome.

Didn't care for the vampire civil war infighting/plotting stuff. It didn't interest me

I enjoyed the banter between the heroes.

I was fine with those elements in theory, but they didn't really go anywhere with it. Like Godbrand didn't really do anything in grand scheme of things.

I think the show could've used a bit less banter. Like Sypha, Trevor is busting his ass to make sure you don't get torn to shreds. Don't have to shame him that much.

Just wanted to make sure I understood about the whole fear of water... they were just afraid someone would bless the water and make it holy, which is what Carmilla had the zombie bishop do anyway.

Just wanted to make sure I understood about the whole fear of water... they were just afraid someone would bless the water and make it holy, which is what Carmilla had the zombie bishop do anyway.

Afaik Dracula’s zombie army is burnt by holy water but vampires (Dracula, the generals and Camilla’s force) is burnt/ killed by running water (e.g. stream, river, sea).

I guess it didn't dawn on them, "A priest might bless this water and that's basically a death trap for us."

A slow burner that was ponderous at times but episode 7 was the pay off. It could have been better but I was satisfied ultimately. My heart broke watching Alucard in the last episode.....I was actually taken aback by how much his relationship with his father struck a chord with me.

I probably could have watched it in one go which I'm sure would have enhanced the experience but I had to dive in and out of it. That might be why my attention was waning at times.

Other positives is that the violence was amazing and never felt like it was there for sake of it, but rather just hit home what these monsters are capable of. So nice to see in this day and age where vampires are neutered.

Hector potentially could end up being an fantastic character. Really like where his story is going compared to Issac's, who just seems to be on the same mission as Dracula sans the depression.

I really enjoyed the second season. Felt like it flowed a little better than the first, which kinda felt like it could’ve just been one movie. Excited for what could happen in Season 3, if it happens.
Really hope we are getting more.

Afaik Dracula’s zombie army is burnt by holy water but vampires (Dracula, the generals and Camilla’s force) is burnt/ killed by running water (e.g. stream, river, sea).

I guess it didn't dawn on them, "A priest might bless this water and that's basically a death trap for us."
Based on what I found, it seems an old trope is that they can't cross running water. So, I guess that plus Carmilla using the zombie bishop was just a recipe of disaster for the others... But, if Godbrand was around, I'm sure he would've made some boats out of stuff. :sly:

Really hope we are getting more.
Supposedly, they've at least started recording a third season.

Supposedly, they've at least started recording a third season.
Great! Thanks for the info. Hope this kind of thing is profitable so we get a lot more in this genre.

So would a new season be a loose adaptation of Curse of Darkness?

Are they going to keep Sypha and Trevor?

I enjoyed this season so much more after watching it back to back with Season 1. Man is the animation on this series stunning and it really shows in those last few episodes during those battle/fight scenes. Can't wait to see what they got in store for us with Season 3, especially if its going to focus on Hector and Issac who are definitely my favorite characters now. It should at least be interesting to see what direction they go in.

Loved this season except for the end...it felt very abrupt. Like all of a sudden dracula's army is having a war with camilas, all between 2 episodes, I felt camila could have played her card slowly because I didn't really feel like it was a real betrayal, or one that was thought out.

It also didn't feel like it was that challenging for the heroes to find dracula and slay him, I really wanted Dracula..to be this unstoppable force, not they get into his castle and immediately kill him.

That doesn't mean I didn't like it, I loved it, but definitely odd how they went about those. Bring on season 3!

Really glad to hear we’re getting a 3rd season!

Loved this season except for the end...it felt very abrupt. Like all of a sudden dracula's army is having a war with camilas, all between 2 episodes, I felt camila could have played her card slowly because I didn't really feel like it was a real betrayal, or one that was thought out.

It also didn't feel like it was that challenging for the heroes to find dracula and slay him, I really wanted Dracula..to be this unstoppable force, not they get into his castle and immediately kill him.

That doesn't mean I didn't like it, I loved it, but definitely odd how they went about those. Bring on season 3!

It was anti-climactic for sure, especially having the heroes messing around a library for half the season. I was hoping they would go through some trials or tribulations in the castle and possibly get separated. Maybe event run into Grant Danasty.

Season 1 was better paced and felt like a lot more happened even though it was so short. It was over and done quickly. Season 2 sort of dragged with the length.

Now, we'll get 10 episodes. That's a decent number, so I hope they make better use of all that time. I just felt like they could've done a bit more with the 8 eps.

I mean for example, Episode 8 was just a total wrap-up episode. There was no real action in it.

Agreed though worth it for Alucard's scenes in the episode. Devastating.

Agreed though worth it for Alucard's scenes in the episode. Devastating.

Oh yeah definitely. Don't get me wrong, despite my issues with pacing, the drama this season was fantastic. Dracula broke my heart this season.

I mean aside from his extreme anger, he seemed like a genuinely decent man. Had he directed his anger on like the Bishops and his cronies alone, hard to argue with his logic.

Oh yeah definitely. Don't get me wrong, despite my issues with pacing, the drama this season was fantastic. Dracula broke my heart this season.

I mean aside from his extreme anger, he seemed like a genuinely decent man. Had he directed his anger on like the Bishops and his cronies alone, hard to argue with his logic.
I think Dracula's depression was beautifully done. He got his excuse to hate humanity and to give in to his blood lust all at once when his wife was murdered, but in the end it meant nothing to him. I don't think he had the power to direct his anger in a healthy way.

This season's issue felt more like budget than editing. The library scenes and much of the season felt like they were trying to save money so they could go all out in Episode 7. Netflix needs to give the show a significant budget bump otherwise it will be worse next season with 10 episodes.

Really glad to hear we’re getting a 3rd season!
yep 10 more episodes worth too

safe_image.php

21 comments
Castlevania Animated Show's 3rd Season to Have 10 Episodes
Nov 1, 02:30
― Netflix announced on Friday that the third season of Adi Shankar's Castlevania animated series will have 10 episodes. The second eight-episode season premiered worldwide on Netflix on October 26. Sam Deats is directing the series,Read more

source: Anime News Network

This season's issue felt more like budget than editing. The library scenes and much of the season felt like they were trying to save money so they could go all out in Episode 7. Netflix needs to give the show a significant budget bump otherwise it will be worse next season with 10 episodes.

They really couldn't have done more with Alucard and Trevor than having them putz around a library for several episodes? Such an odd choice.

Yeah, I really liked the second season but even I have to admit that the library scenes dragged. Still, I loved the Easter eggs, like the skeleton of that flying dragon beast thing from the games.

Anyway, I wonder where season 3 will go. Obviously Carmilla has to be dealt with, and I'm guessing she'll be the big bad of the season. But I also wonder if someone will try to resurrect Dracula, since that's always where the games go. I'm also fine with him staying dead though; it was kind a of a beautiful and heartbreaking way to end his story in season 2 so I'm afraid that bringing him back could kind of cheapen that. Then again though, if they bring him back as a true, malevolent force, that could be cool. I like depressed Drac and it was an interesting way to go with the character. But if he comes back, then I think he needs to be the unstoppable force he is in the games.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"