• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

He doesn't LOOK too bad. But I think we need to hear him before a judgement can be made.
Yeah, i expected worse.
But if he can manage to pull the character off? We will see.
I dont think Cavill himself brought a lot to the role outside of the Physical aspect, so while its weird getting used to a different actor in the role, i can see a stronger actor manage to work the character bettter.

Yeah, i expected worse.
But if he can manage to pull the character off? We will see.
I dont think Cavill himself brought a lot to the role outside of the Physical aspect, so while its weird getting used to a different actor in the role, i can see a stronger actor manage to work the character bettter.

I thought Cavill was good in the role personally. He brought a subtle tragedy to Geralt. Not sure Hemsworth can pull that off but we'll see.

They've traded one plank of wood for another. I don't expect there to be a notable difference in quality of performance, tbh. I think the only thing that will be hugely noticeable is the voice - Cavill's voice (though he was doing a sometimes cringey imitation of the videogame version's voice) fit Geralt better than Hemsworth's will. They were probably wise not to show him speaking for this "first look" lol.

My thing about Liam Hemsworth, I've seen a lot of his work at this point, and he's yet to impress me. He's a lot like Scott Eastwood. Sure they are nice guys, but they have a usual type or mold they fill, and they've never really made me believe in their work.

I've felt that way about plenty of other young up-and-coming actors who did eventually impress me over time, ie Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth. Hemsworth probably just delivered the best performance of his career in Furiosa and he's playing against his usual type there.

It would be much easier for him if he was coming into a franchise that was going strong without any other issues but walking into something thats already on a pretty steep downward curve, it seems a lot to try and turn around and as Cavill was the one thing that people generally liked about the show it just doesnt seem likely he will be able to turn this ship around now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"