Netflix orders modernized 'Haunting of Hill House' from Mike Flanagan

Scary/not scary debates bore me to tears, tbh.

I’ve been done with that **** since someone said Poltergeist wasn’t scary.

Agreed. It’s like comedy. Funny/not funny is completely subjective and varies person to person.

Debate was a very charitable description for that exchange tbh. Also, I like how Sawyer says scary/not scary debates bore him to tears, and then he proceeds to submit evidence for why he thinks Poltergeist is actually scary. :funny:

Anyways Poltergeist is a great movie, but I'm honestly aghast that anyone over the age of 11 could find that movie to be scary. Even Goosebumps is closer to being scary. It's great gateway horror for kids though. :up:

Anyways Poltergeist is a great movie, but I'm honestly aghast that anyone over the age of 11 could find that movie to be scary. Even Goosebumps is closer to being scary. It's great gateway horror for kids though. :up:

This is up there with some of the best scary imagery. Especially circa 1982.

giphy.gif

At best I just think it's gory and cool looking. It comes to closer to making me feel nauseated, if anything.

Debate was a very charitable description for that exchange tbh. Also, I like how Sawyer says scary/not scary debates bore him to tears, and then he proceeds to submit evidence for why he thinks Poltergeist is actually scary. :funny:

I’m putting you an ignore for this.

Even though I hated the 2nd series, I would've liked for them to do a third and end on a high note.

Though I do feel a bit better hearing this come about as a result of Flanagan not having another in him right now, rather than Netflix pulling the plug.

Feels like it might allow for a Curb Your Enthusiasm situation where they give Flanagan his time and when he’s up for another, they’ll be there.

As far as Netflix shows that could end go, I'm not too down about this one. I adore both seasons, but given he's just making other shows for the platform anyway and it's an anthology show - alright. Be cool if it comes back one day though if he has an idea for another season.

‘The Haunting Of Hill House’ Creator Says No Plans For Future Chapters – Deadline

Ah well... I mean, realistically, it’s an anthology, so the stories I liked have already ended. And I can basically look at all the TV projects Flanagan will do for Netflix as a “Haunting” by another name.

But still, a bit of a bummer.
Big Time Bummer. But at least I don't have another reason to be mad at Netflix. This was probably inevitable as busy as Flanagan is.

Just so long as the cast's careers proceed onwards and upwards, I'll survive. *eyes Justice League Dark*

Big Time Bummer. But at least I don't have another reason to be mad at Netflix. This was probably inevitable as busy as Flanagan is.

Just so long as the cast's careers proceed onwards and upwards, I'll survive. *eyes Justice League Dark*
Oliver Jackson Cohen should indeed be John Constantine.

Finally have had the time to start watching more things and have heard nothing but good things about these two series, so I decided to give it a try. Haven't started Hill House yet, but I did binge Bly Manor in its entirety.

While it wasn't perfect, Bly Manor is probably up there in terms of some of the greatest television I've watched. It took awhile to get into, but once the secrets started getting unraveled, I couldn't take my eyes off the tv. Ending could've been executed a little better, but the whole thing was so tragic. Loved the characters and their relationships so much. Episode 5 might be my favorite episode of any show. Incredibly heartfelt and ambitious. Very excited to see what Hill House has to offer.

Highly unlikely I’ll ever actually attend since it’s not my area, but Hill House is such an interesting vibe to bring to a thing that usually seems very jump scare-heavy. ****ty teens will be complaining that it isn’t scary enough before they realize there’s a ghost that’s been standing five feet behind them, staring at them for the last ten minutes.

As I have said before Hill House was great. Bly Manor was just there for me. They should've advertised it (Bly Manor) more as a drama than a horror series for that one at least.

Bly Manor is coming to blu-ray on October 12. Includes audio commentaries and two featurettes.

a46ZVnI.jpg

Or if you want both seasons in a two-pack:
22gGhDe.jpg

Good news for future Netflix Blu-ray releases! I’m looking at you Stranger Things Season 3 and Cobra Kai Season 3!!

I hope Netflix's seeming exclusivity on the 4K versions is timed. I'd double dip for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"