Neuromancer is finally getting made!

I was pretty excited about this until I heard that Joseph Kahn was directing.

Whats up with Hayden, hes like the hot actor now? Though good for him I guess,get urself in a bunch of movies,and make some money while he still can..

Whats up with Hayden, hes like the hot actor now? Though good for him I guess,get urself in a bunch of movies,and make some money while he still can..

Believe it or not, Christianson can be good. He was very good in 'Shattered Glass' and looks good in his new film.

It's not his fault that the prequels were aweful and Lucas comes from the acting approach of simply hit your mark and speak your line.

This should be interesting... I havent read the novel, but from what I'm reading now, the guys who made Shadowrun took it, changed pretty much nothing, and then sold it like the RPG I know...

Never heard of it before....but Hayden is a plus :up:

I think Christiansen is a good choice for Case. I hope the movie turns out well, because I loved the book. Shooting events in and around Freeside should be fun...

William Gibson writes the screenplay?

http://www.indiewire.com/biz/2008/05/cannes_08_biz_d_1.html

Seven Arts Signs Kahn to Direct "Neuromancer"

UK-based film production and distribution company Seven Arts Pictures, PLC has signed veteran music video director Joseph Kahn to direct the upcoming $60 million thriller, "Neuromancer," produced by Julia Verdin and written by William Gibson and based on his novel of the same name. Set in the future, the film follows a "computer cowboy" who soars the superhighway rustling encoded secrets for anyone with the money to buy his skills. But when a deal goes wrong and the talent is lost from his mind, he finds himself exiled from cyberspace and trapped in a high tech underworld until a "shadowy conspiracy" provides a chance to find a way out. Along with "Neuromancer," Seven Arts has Anthony Hickox's "Catwalk" in pre-production, while psychological thriller "Nine Miles Down" by Thomas Hedman recently completed production. [Brian Brooks]

This needs to happen. :up:

I like that Gibson is involved. I could do without Christensen though.

Don't hold your breath - I'm not.

Has anyone read the previous screenplay for "Neuromancer" that's around the web?

Vincenzo Natali ("Cube," "Splice") will direct a film adaptation of cyberpunk author William Gibson's 1984 seminal work "Neuromancer" for Fire Development Inc. and Astral Media says The Hollywood Reporter.
The story follows a washed-up computer hacker hired by a mysterious employer to work on the ultimate hack.
Joseph Khan was previously tapped to direct with Hayden Christensen starring, that no longer seems to be the case.

Vincenzo Natali ("Cube," "Splice") will direct a film adaptation of cyberpunk author William Gibson's 1984 seminal work "Neuromancer" for Fire Development Inc. and Astral Media says The Hollywood Reporter.
The story follows a washed-up computer hacker hired by a mysterious employer to work on the ultimate hack.
Joseph Khan was previously tapped to direct with Hayden Christensen starring, that no longer seems to be the case.
he even talks about making it 3D in this podcast from may 8.

how is this possible?
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/08...ick-ass-guest-joseph-kahn-director-of-torque/

Cube has a cult following, and a very intriguing concept, but the film and acting were flat-out TERRIBLE. Splice, however, looks to be the complete opposite so I'll give the guy a shot again.

Issue is budget however. Can this be done on a low-budget, which I assume it will be?

Neuromancer Hacks Into Hollywood

New pact covers $60 million budget; filming begins next year.

by IGN Staff

Seven Arts Pictures PLC has announced an agreement with Prodigy Pictures, Inc. to jointly produce and distribute the highly-anticipated motion picture Neuromancer, based on the best-selling science fiction novel by William Gibson.

Prodigy hopes to arrange substantial financing for the film, which is expected to have a production budget of approximately $60 million. Prodigy's Founder and CEO, Jay Firestone, will be the lead producer on Neuromancer, and will supervise all elements of production for the film.

"Jay Firestone has a long and well regarded reputation in the industry," said Peter Hoffman, CEO of Seven Arts. "I firmly believe that Jay's savvy and expansive relationships will lead to strong investment, and a sharp production."

Published in 1984, Neuromancer was the first winner of the science fiction "triple crown," receiving the prestigious Nebula Award, Philip K. Dick Award and the Hugo Award. Neuromancer was also listed on Time magazine's list of 100 best English-language novels written since 1923. By 2007, William Gibson's archetypal cyberpunk novel had sold more than 6.5 million copies worldwide.

The film adaptation of Gibson's novel will be written and directed by Vincenzo Natali, whose directorial credits include the 2009 science fiction horror film, Splice and the 1997 psychological thriller, Cube.

"Having Vincenzo on board has been exhilarating for us," said Jay Firestone, founder of Prodigy Pictures. "His distinctive vision has added a striking new dimension to William Gibson's already thought-provoking story."

Principal photography on the film is expected to begin in the first quarter of 2012.

Mark Wahlberg and Liam Neeson in Neuromancer?

The long-gestating screen adaptation of the William Gibson novel.

by Jim Vejvoda
July 28, 2012
The long-gestating screen adaptation of William Gibson's cyberpunk lit classic Neuromancer is reportedly eyeing two big names to star in it.

Moviehole reports that offers have made to Mark Wahlberg and Liam Neeson to play the leads in the film, which is set to be directed by Splice's Vicenzo Natali.
"Wahlberg, who has a solid working relationship with the film’s producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura (he cast the former in Four Brothers and Shooter), would play the anti-hero Case. Neeson, who like Wahlberg will receive a pay-or-play deal, would be the twisted tool Armitage," according to the site.

Moviehole adds that their source says filming is expected to finally comment once Natali wraps production on his current film, Haunter. That would peg Neuromancer for a 2014 release.

I pictured Case as younger. But a damn solid cast. Plus, good to see Vincenzo Natali getting work.

Considering this thread is already over 4 years old, I'll believe it when I see it, too.

And I can't say that the cast or the director make me overly excited, either.

I've *always* wanted a great Neuromancer on film; not ready to say this is the right one, though.

The "Neuromancer" Movie Is Still Alive

By Garth Franklin Tuesday May 19th 2015 08:07AM
The long in the works film adaptation of William Gibson's acclaimed sci-fi novel "Neuromancer," which at last report stalled several years ago, has apparently found a new lease on life.
Screen reports that UK-based GFM Films has been joined by Chinese media company C2M Media Group which has stepped up with financing for the project. The pair will now co-develop and produce the film with the first priority being the hiring of a new writer and director.
Several people have been previously attached to the project, most notably Vicenzo Natali ("Cube") and Joseph Kahn ("Torque"). At present, the only linked name is producer Lucas Foster ("Mr. and Mrs. Smith").

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"