Nevada Caucus...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Venom'sDad, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Gilpesh Registered

Ugh... I didn't really want to defend Obama. I was just trying to say that it didn't seem below Hillary to 'do' this lawsuit. That's why I jumped to conclusions on the Michigan thing which I said I was wrong on and which actually hurt Hillary instead of helping in a hilarious twist of fate.

Plus this whole lawsuit thing seems like bullcrap brought out because when it was agreed to everyone assumed Hillary was winning that union's vote and now that the canidate has changed (doesn't matter who, just that it has) suddenly the tune is different and this arrangement is unfair.

2. The Senator Registered

It's okay. I debate issues until the topic is dead, and that's because I hate the hypocrisy and negative attacks from each candidate on both sides. It's disgusting and unnecessary, and most of the time, it's a bunch of exaggerated lies and misconceptions which explode into something it shouldn't be.

At first, it was bickering between Edwards and Clinton. Then Obama joined in, and it became a three-way attack machine; then Edwards stopped after polls showed his approach was failing, so it was just between Obama and Clinton.

Clinton is at fault to some extent, Obama is too. But both campaigns have a huge double standard, and it isn't right for one campaign to lambaste another over stupid crap like lobbyists and voting for war funding. Half of my non-politically active friends don't realize that both Obama and Hillary are Democrats, which I find distressing.

3. Gilpesh Registered

Heck, at least you haven't had a friend tell you they were voting for Hillary because "things were pretty good with Bill".

4. The Senator Registered

They were pretty good with Bill, aside from the oral sex bit and the Newt Gingrich Wave of Hypocrisy which ruined Congress in the late 1990s.

Not a reason to vote for her, though, even though I'm sure he'll play an active role in her administration, whether it is as a "roaming ambassador" or just pre-sleep chatter... assuming they sleep in the same bed, with the same people.

5. Gilpesh Registered

Definitely not a reason to vote for her... cause she had NOTHING to do with it.

6. The Senator Registered

But her husband did... and he'd be back in the White House.

Many view a Hillary presidency as a defacto third term for Bill.

7. Gilpesh Registered

'Back' in the White House. I don't think husband of the president has a lot to do with how the country goes... especially when Hillary is running on her 'stand-alone woman' image.

8. StorminNorman Registered

Which is foolish and almost hurts the woman's movement as much as Hillary crying on the campaign trail.

9. The Senator Registered

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bill try to wriggle his way into her Presidency, every chance he gets.

10. Gilpesh Registered

That would mean there is a god and he hears my prayers.

:dry:

11. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

:huh:

12. StorminNorman Registered

I was tired damn it.

13. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

StorminNorman is far more knowledgable in politics than you are. The fact that you act like you're more knowledgeable in this subject than him, I find insulting.

Republicans would be far more willing to unite behind McCain than Giuliani. Despite his positions on certain things, the man is actually a rather moderate conservative. He's supports Second Amendment rights. He's anti-abortion. Opposes socialized health care. He's a fiscal conservative. He's a Christian despite not being an evangellical.

His willingness to work with Democrats and other views upon the enviroment, detaining terrorists, etc. is what will make McCain far more attractive to the more lucrative independent/moderate voters than Huckabee, Thompson, and other Republican candidates.

14. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

So are McCain and Clinton's campaigns in such great shape that they started to compete with themselves :oldrazz:

15. StorminNorman Registered

I wish McCain's campaign would compete with itself :( Would help my StorminMorman.

16. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

17. souvlaki Registered

This is the most frustrating thing for me. I really don't care for her much as a politician or a person, but I know if I end up voting for her next November I'll be doing it because in a roundabout way I'll be voting for her husband, and so will half the nation. That's a really crappy reason to vote someone into the White House. If she was not Mrs. Clinton she would never have made it as far as she has in the primary.

18. Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Repubs will not unite behind McCain against any Demo candidate, including a more serious enemy hillary, that is fact. Conservatives do not like McCain. They have never supported him and never will. They didn't in 96 nor 00 and wont again in 08. He will not come close to winning the GOP nomination.... they don't like him.

As far as RudyG is concern, most of the main issues that Repubs/Cons are vehemently about, they support and feel he is the strongest. They also believe that he is the only candidate that beats hillary. As strange as it may sound to you, RudyG & McCain are Moderates just like Bush. This is where the Party is at and has been since the mid-term elections in 86. How on fiscal and defense issues, the party view the two equal on defense, but RudyG more fiscal conservative. That is the fact. Smaller issue such as abortions and gay rights is that much a factor to Cons, as the media portrays it. It is to the Evang/far Rightwing of the party, not to the general Cons.

Exactly, you made my point, so whats the beef here. BTW, I never said he's weak, so I know not why you imply I'm saying that. Let me be clear, the party believes he WAFFLES. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I would not be surprise if he's the VP candidate.

19. Kelly #RESIST

Both parties will not have anything set until after Super Tuesday....who wins in Florida will have the greatest push on Super Tuesday and all the movement in Iowa and New Hampshire will be totally forgotten....

20. The Senator Registered

I must have been put on ignore, since I refuted your outlandish statements in my above posts. Yet you keep on making them, so obviously you're not processing anything which I said.

Which, of course, is stupid, because I not only research these kinds of things in college, but it's also been the epicenter of three jobs I've held-- volunteered and paid-- over the past year and a half.

Go figure.

21. StorminNorman Registered

McCain is leading the National Polls for the GOP. He is currently winning most state polls. He is the favorite for the nomination currently. Now for the sake of my candidate Romney - I hope you are right, I hope he will fall apart. However the likely hood is not good and for you to simply dismiss the possibility of him winning this nomination one would have to ignore everything that has happened the last few weeks as well as what can be predicted to happen in the next month.

McCain has similar support to Guilliani when it comes to national security.

No one believes he is the only candidate that can beat Hillary. Period. That is an incorrect assessment.

You are completely ignoring Romney who has the majority of the backing of those that are concerned about the economy.

But, frankly, Rudy's not winning this nomination. McCain is leading California (Romney is second), McCain is leading in Florida (Romney is second in many polls), McCain is leading New Jersey, McCain is leading Pennsylvania. Rudy's gone.

The Party will unite over any candidate chosen. Right now it looks like it will be Romney or McCain. If the Democrats nominate Hillary though - it doesn't matter who the GOP nominates - they will win.

22. Kelly #RESIST

Don't worry about it jman....the "rest of us women" ignore ignorance like that pretty well.....we have to do it quite often....:cwink:

23. The Senator Registered

Well, you know, because Hillary's a woman, all women support her and act like her.

24. Kelly #RESIST

Oooooooh, so I guess, even though I haven't made my decision because there is alot of debate to be had before November.........then out of sheer womanhood, I will be supporting Hillary..........NOW I know why VD called me close-minded now........my mind is already made up........of course.:sleepy:

25. The Senator Registered

Yes. I mean, aren't women all connected to Hillary through some sort of estrogen-sensing chip or something? Whatever she says, you have to do, so if she says 'vote for me,' you're obligated. Even Condi can't get out of this one.

On a side note, you wrote VD, and I thought you were talking about the STD:o