New Alizee Video?

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
Yes you do. Prince, M Jackson, Björk.

No, unfortunately yes, and who?

I don't listen to pop music and proudly refuse to.

I prefer artists that have something called "talent".

Dream Theater and some of their side projects (Liquid Tension Experiment, Transatlantic, and others). Opeth. Nevermore. Skyclad. Les Claypool and whatever band he's in at the moment. Mike Patton and whatever band he's in at the moment. Laibach. A band from Virginia that has been around since '72 called Pentagram. Type O Negative.

Just to name a few.

I'm forever at a loss why you enjoy the tripe presented by the record labels under the "pop music banner", no matter the country of origin

Not everything is just presented under labels. Some pop artists actually start in their bedroom and emerge after much fighting, you might be suprised. Some of them really compose their work, write their lyrics, and make things of competing boldness with other genres.

Not every pop artist has it handed to them like you think. Mylene is one who fought her way to the top. They spent I think a year to raise enough money to record one crappy track, and she didn't see fame until another 3 years.

It's not all tripe. And I don't suppose Michel Gondry or Spike Jonze find Björk to be tripe either.

For sure in this case. I listen to something from every genre. I don't limit myself, like I might guess you do to "thrash metal." I listen to some metal too, but find when it comes to rock that I like progressive, post, and just everything in between (like the beetles and zappa). But I know there is progressive metal on my computer, Aeryon, Dream Theater, whatnot.

Maybe you're one of those, people who can't listen to something softer.

I have metal (thrash, progressive, power, death, doom, stoner); classic rock; blues; some techno; industrial; funk; soul; early rhythm and blues; classical; Primus; Mike Patton; Japanese Noh; a variety of soundtracks from movies, games (and some game remixes), anime and a tv show (Babylon 5) in my collection.

I also have some marches from the Marine Corps band, Naval band, and the University of Michigan band.

So your guess is dead. wrong.

Even though I still can't stomach Opera and Broadway Musicals

Well all of that minus anime and tv show and most of the metal genre's

What about post rock? I'm tired of rock. Classical composed by rock instruments, anything on Constellation Records, Fly Pan Am, Talking Heads, Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Do May Say Think, Tortoise, etc. Otherwise I kind of place importance on non-band music. I'm sick of how it's band music that's regarded these days as "music".

In addition, a wide range of electronic music, just about every modern descriptor, trip hop, IDM - Boards of Canada, Kraftwerk, ELO, Phillipe Katerine, etc.

And some concept and nonconcept pop (Beck, David Bowie, several other pop artists).

Anything that lends itself to visual imagery, anything sort of low key and serene. You know, music that just unfolds, doesn't stir the neighbors. Anything that can spark the imagination of a director like Spike Jonze.

sinewave said:
are you comparing john lennon to a disposable pop-star who gets by on her looks alone?

No I am responding to a generalised comment implying all pop artists are talentless. She is a performer not a composer and she entertains, me anyway :).

- Whirly

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
Well all of that minus anime and tv show and most of the metal genre's

What about post rock? I'm tired of rock. Classical composed by rock instruments, anything on Constellation Records, Fly Pan Am, Talking Heads, Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Do May Say Think, Tortoise, etc. Otherwise I kind of place importance on non-band music. I'm sick of how it's band music that's regarded these days as "music".

In addition, a wide range of electronic music, just about every modern descriptor, trip hop, IDM - Boards of Canada, Kraftwerk, ELO, Phillipe Katerine, etc.

And some concept and nonconcept pop (Beck, David Bowie, several other pop artists).

Anything that lends itself to visual imagery, anything sort of low key and serene. You know, music that just unfolds, doesn't stir the neighbors. Anything that can spark the imagination of a director like Spike Jonze.

I love the looks/comments/threats of violence I get from my neighbors when Nile vibrates the walls :D

They're a death metal band from South Carolina with an interest in everything about Ancient Egypt. Very brutal, very fast, very loud, and a great way to give children nightmares

this thread needs more pics!!!

Addendum said:
They're a death metal band from South Carolina with an interest in everything about Ancient Egypt. Very brutal, very fast, very loud, and a great way to give children nightmares

See I just don't get Death Metal like that. I don't understand why that's interesting. I generally like chill music. I'd probably be one of your angry neighbors.

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
See I just don't get Death Metal like that. I don't understand why that's interesting. I generally like chill music. I'd probably be one of your angry neighbors.

As would I

- Whirly

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"