New Animated Wonder Woman on WB’s ‘Radar’

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Lencho01, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

This could be like Superman vs. The Elite in which the style and budget wasn’t as great as expected, but the story was more interesting and entertaining than the other stuff they usually put out now.

frankgutz likes this.
  2. Binker

Binker Registered

I saw the sneak peak, and this is canon, just with a new animation style. She'll wear her DCEU-inspired classic outfit and DC52A outfits, and it looks like she'll wear her DCEU outfit starting now with this film. The movie will go from the past to the present and will use her origin and tie into her modern day adventure, as the JL Hall of Justice seen recently is in this, and deal with the themes of family and relationships.

3. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I just watched the sneak peak myself and.....it makes zero sense to go from her great DCEU costume to her DC52A outfit...it's a step backwards...the designs look fine but the animated is extremely stiff and non-expressive. They really gave this a low budget for obvious reasons.

Producers always go on about "people know about Batmans origins, Supermans origins but not WWs origins" and duh! of course they dont because you keep changing them! The one major aspect of WWs origins "Guns and Gauntlets" is cut yet again for a more simplified DCEU origin.

Dark Raven and frankgutz like this.
  4. Jekecy

Jekecy Registered

Much better looking than the first leaked shot indicated. Still could use a new art style, but at least it’s consistent.

5. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

My main complaint about this animation style is that it is drab, the colours are muted.

Anyway, at least we get to see some of her classic villains like Silver Swan and Giganta. Themyscira looks interesting, the layout looks different than we've seen before and I want to see how the mix of classic architecture with futuristic tech works out. It was good to see the Purple Healing Ray.

I don't get much sense of the movie as a whole yet, but it's good to see Julia and Vanessa.

The earlier origin story looks like a good excuse for them to use the more classical DCEU/Rebirth style suit but then in modern day she is back to the more superhero-y DCAU suit.

#30 Willi Berg, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    frankgutz likes this.
  6. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

7. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

A lot of elements from the live action movie. When this was first announced, I thought it would have more to do with the history of Themyscira and Diana's relationship to the gods. I guess this will be more about Silver Swan and saving her from Villainy Inc.

I would like to see something like the Azzarello version of WW some day, if we are going with the New 52.

frankgutz likes this.
  8. WhoMani

WhoMani Registered

The animation looks great and its refreshing that its not the New 52 animation. This looks like a action pack movie which I'm sure that I will enjoy and I'm glad for once that there's a DC movie that doesn't feature Batman. Hopefully the sales of this movie will be good and that we will get a sequel (or even WW animated series)

9. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

WB better have different expectations for WW cause she won't sale Batman/JL/Superman numbers, and that is their fault.

frankgutz and Binker like this.
  10. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

This looks a bit similar to the previous WW animated movie. Are they going through her origin again and discovering Steve Trevor on the island and then Diana deciding to go to the outside world?

I thought we'd get a more Gal Gadot-inspired WW this time round. She seems pretty much like all other cartoon versions. Not really keen on this costume.

At least Rosario Dawson doesn't sound as wooden as Keri Russell though. And Jeffrey Donovan sounds better than Nathan Fillion.

frankgutz likes this.
  11. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

That costume looks awful. And none of those villains looks interesting at all. Hard pass.

12. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

This is another origin within the DCAU New 52 (or whatever it's called) continuity they have going on, since JL: War. That's why they're keeping the same costume, and using the DCEU-style costume as part of her earlier origin story.

Because of the title (Bloodlines) I thought it would have to do with the gods, and explore her relationship to her father Zeus and the other gods. But it looks more to do with her ties to Themyscira, and also Vanessa's relationship with her mother Julia and also WW, and why she turns to the Silver Swan.