New Director for Justice League Part 2

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Since this is also the board for Part 2 and there's a chance Snyder may not return for it, I wanted to know what were everyone's suggestions on who should take the helm for the sequel?

Rian Johnson.

I really hope he delivers on Episode VIII. :D

I'll throw in Matthew Vaughn, JJ Abrams, Matt Reeves, and I don't know many modern directors who are up and comers. :(

I really hope he delivers on Episode VIII. :D

I'll throw in Matthew Vaughn, JJ Abrams, Matt Reeves, and I don't know many modern directors who are up and comers. :(

Matthew Vaughn would also be my pick or Duncan Jones who I think is a director to watch out for in the future. WB should offer Vaughn the Nolan package and a truck full of money.

*sigh* I legit thought WB already found a new director for JL 2.

Matt Reeves and Duncan Jones have already expressed their unwillingness to direct DC (Superman in particular) movies and their displeasure towards the whole DC Universe movies, there's little chance of them agreeing this time.

And let's be realistic, none of the high profile directors like Whedon, Sam Raimi, Del Toro, Peter Jackson would even think about directing JL movies, it's more likely that they would agree to direct a Marvel movie at this point.

Whedon is my pick for an X-Men film. I didn't know Reeves had any animosity towards the DCEU. I remember him being surprised that he was in the running for MoS. I should do another search on the subject.

Del Toro and Cuaron for JL: Dark. I need it!

I remember some low profile names being thrown around.

It's not animosity, they don't want to carry the pressure of a large-big budget production for the Studio and the expectations that come from fans when directing a hero like Superman.

Got it. I'm trying to think of directors who have done action and ensemble pieces who would fit this film.

Matthew Vaughn and Brad Bird are actually fans of Superman.

Vaughn mostly works for Fox and Brad Bird is completely in the house of Mouse, he won't leave that.

Matt Reeves and Duncan Jones have already expressed their unwillingness to direct DC (Superman in particular) movies and their displeasure towards the whole DC Universe movies, there's little chance of them agreeing this time.

And let's be realistic, none of the high profile directors like Whedon, Sam Raimi, Del Toro, Peter Jackson would even think about directing JL movies, it's more likely that they would agree to direct a Marvel movie at this point.

Why? Anything can happen 3 years from now but besides that, there's a lot of directors who are up n comers that can pull it off.

If he wasn’t such a pain to commit to a series, Matthew Vaughn would be my top choice by far. He’s got an assured direction, no matter the type of story or tone. It’s always entertaining and his imagination is off the charts. I’m dying to see how he’ll handle a high-octane big-budget blockbuster. First Class was a very small taste of his capabilities.

1. Guillermo del Toro
2. Brad Bird
3. Ben Affleck
4. George Miller
5. Peter Jackson

I want big names with blockbuster experience (safe Affleck, but he's Affleck).

When did this happen?

Miguel Sapochnik.

If he can pull off Hardhome (stop laughing) then there's a good chance he can do Justice League.

Miguel Sapochnik.

If he can pull off Hardhome (stop laughing) then there's a good chance he can do Justice League.

On a similar note, Neil Marshall is imo overdue another chance at the big screen.

If we get a director swap for JL Part 2 I think it's going to be someone with a couple successful movies under their belts. Given what's happening with the flash I don't think that we will see any first timers take a crack on JL even if they seem more promising than a guy like Seth Graham Smith.

To toss in a name I say David Yates, three well received Harry Potter movies that where also box office successes. Upcoming Fantastic Beasts looks good. Seasoned, gets good critic/audience ratings, and a guy who's spent most of his career at WB.
Tarzan also looks good, although not sure about its BoxOffice seems like one of those movies no one really asked for like Pan.

I think as long as Fantastic Beasts does well he could be a candidate for JL Part Two. Assuming they want someone else.

I don't think it matters what level of realistic possibility the choices are for purpose of this thread so:

Abrams would deliver a film most fans would love.

Raimi could do a very good job in terms of pacing. I always enjoyed that about his
Spidey films.

Peyton Reed

Matt Reeves

Abrams is good for set ups, not so much for what comes after. Yates works but might be too busy if FB does well.

I'd rather Miller stays away from superhero movies. Not that I think he wouldn't do a good job, I just want to see him do something more personal. Besides after almost ten years of working Fury Road I doubt he'd take on something as big as JLA.

Bird is good suggestion.

Everyone wants Matt Reeves lately.

I suggest Gareth Edwards too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"