Comics New Excalibur Question

ugh, Chris Claremont. Quite possibly the only writer at Marvel who still uses thought bubbles for characters to explain to the reader what they're using their powers for-- step by step. He also has a habit of recycling old-as-dirt ideas he had years ago. And I swear to god, if Nocturne starts crying "I want my daddy" every other page...

Why the hell would they put claremont on this book his so going to screw it up. Is anyone still a fan of Claremont's I read his old work and it was really good now it is just stupid.

ghost113 said:
Please don't say chris claremont.

Who else would "CC" and "YE OLDE CHRISTOPHER" be? Cripes, man, you shouldn't need everything spelled out to ya...

Iknew it was claremont i just really didn't want it to be him.

yeah he gonna screw this team up and I mean that in a bad way.

I didn't remember CC was gonna write this :(

i just found out myself and and i'm hitting myself for asking.

It might be that because we dont have any Xavieresque x-men fighting for mutant rights blah blah blah on this team, that the 'we're mutants, both blessed and cursed with incredible abilities that we struggle with everyday in a world that hates and fears us Rachel - you above all, should understand that'; 'yes, I do, so stop ****ing saying it every three seconds you moron!' will be kept to a minimum. Presumably there are still the X-corps offices around the world, so an excalibur team would be a bit redundant if they are sposed to be the european x-men, helping mutants and rescuing people - I think this book'll at least have a better purpose for being

I'm a sucker for X-Books(except Ultimate) so I have to try it out. I just wonder what'll happen to the old Excaliber cast(the kids, Dark Beast, Shola, Karima, etc.) and will Angel and Husk FINALLY get put on a team.

Me too I will read any X-book except for ultimate. I can't stand that book, even though I have a couple of issues.

Colossal Spoons said:
and will Angel and Husk FINALLY get put on a team.

More to the point - will Angel and Husk finally split up and stop being the joke couple of the marvel universe?

I like them as a couple(after Piotr/Kitty of course). I find them 100X less annoying than Scott/Jean and Rogue/Gambit. Their airborne intercourse in Uncanny was quite impressive lol.

chris moore said:
It might be that because we dont have any Xavieresque x-men fighting for mutant rights blah blah blah on this team, that the 'we're mutants, both blessed and cursed with incredible abilities that we struggle with everyday in a world that hates and fears us Rachel - you above all, should understand that'; 'yes, I do, so stop ****ing saying it every three seconds you moron!' will be kept to a minimum. Presumably there are still the X-corps offices around the world, so an excalibur team would be a bit redundant if they are sposed to be the european x-men, helping mutants and rescuing people - I think this book'll at least have a better purpose for being

That does get annoying but i think the British even like Excalibur, at least Captain Britain so it should be a nice change.

I'm British, and I've been waiting years for a decent use of Captain Britain!

have any of these characters worked together before?

I don't really like Claremont's Uncanny since the Reload but I did like his most recent Excalibur for the most part so hopefully it's up to that calibur.

I was hoping that Pre-HoM Excalibur would have wrapped up the whole Xorn/Magneto thing but CC avoided that like the plague.

Colossal Spoons said:
I was hoping that Pre-HoM Excalibur would have wrapped up the whole Xorn/Magneto thing but CC avoided that like the plague.

perhaps there was a reason

Claremont didnt start the Xorneto thing, so he probably doesnt wanna get caught up in the mess that that is

chris moore said:
Claremont didnt start the Xorneto thing, so he probably doesnt wanna get caught up in the mess that that is
Yeah he did.. he brought Magneto back from the dead without any explanation whatsoever.. and thus the whole merry mess ensued.
He brought him back.. it was really his responsibility to explain how this was possible rather than just saying "is it really important.." or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"