New Exiles Sells Out!

You're claiming that he doesn't want to repeat himself when he's been rehashing the same stories with the same characters like Psylocke and Sage for the last few years? Now he's even got a younger Kitty Pryde in the mix in New Exiles to do variants on his X-Men stories from back in the day.

How exactly is he rehashing stories with Sage and Psylocke? Do you have some recommendations of other stories where they were involved in alternate reality stuff, or is this just another case of somebody just tiredly "rehashing the same bashing comments", regardless of the facts?

But...but...the cover artist was LAAAAAAANNNDDD, and the writer is Claremont.

What is wrong with some people?!
:s

It was an ok first issue, aside from Claremont mis-characterizing Sabertooth and Morph...plus adding in a bunch of characters that aren't interesting (Besides Mystiq), force feeding us more Psylocke and Sage, and getting rid of Blink.

Other than those gripes, it was a pretty good first issue.....What!?!:o :whatever:

Get ready. I'm going to blow your minds.

Judd Winick is a hell of a lot better than Claremont at writing a comic. Not just any comic. A comic vaguely related to the X-Men.

Judd is beginning to show the same flaws as CC. Rather than having a thing for Sage and Psylocke, Judd seems to be insistent on turning everyone gay.

I may criticize CC, but just like Byrnsie, I would never deny his place in comics history, which is significant. I wouldn't say that about Judd. Yet.

I agree with you Clones. Claremont may be irritating me on Exiles, but he is the reason the X-franchise is what it is today.

In all honesty, there has yet to be an X-writer that has made near the impact in comic lore as Claremont. Morrison was close, if everyone else hadn't quickly over the years ret-conned his entire run.

The only thing left is Cyclop's and Emma's relationship, which I have to say, is a heck of alot more interesting than he and Jean.

Nostalgia can only carry you so far. He's past his prime, time to move on.

Nostalgia can only carry you so far. He's past his prime, time to move on.

Truth be told, the dude should stop writing...especially since it looks like his mojo is gone now.

But you have to respect the man that reinvigorated the franchise that Stan Lee about gave up on.

I don't think he necessarily needs to stop writing. He's a bit of a hero at Marvel, even to a lot of the staff, because of his earlier work. I just wish he got to do his thing on titles and characters I didn't actually want to read. :(

Truth be told, the dude should stop writing...especially since it looks like his mojo is gone now.

But you have to respect the man that reinvigorated the franchise that Stan Lee about gave up on.

The writing is just fine. He's never been all that without Byrne. He was never as good as he was with JB. Not with Dave Cockrum, Paul Smith, John Romita Jr., Marc Silvestri, or Jim Lee. He was still really solid, and that's fine. He's STILL solid. No amount of baseless internet bashing changes that truth.

Baseless? Just read anything he's written in the last fifteen years. It all ranges from crap to meh at best.

Baseless? Just read anything he's written in the last fifteen years. It all ranges from crap to meh at best.

As soon as myself and others decide to let you do our thinking for us and decide whats good, you'll be the first to know!

Okay dude. I can see from most of the stuff you've stated in your fifty posts that you enjoy mediocrity and shun actual good story telling. Whatever floats your boat pal.

As soon as myself and others decide to let you do our thinking for us and decide whats good, you'll be the first to know!

It's like the 8th you say this, and for the 8th time, it's already been decided for you.

Okay dude. I can see from most of the stuff you've stated in your fifty posts that you enjoy mediocrity and shun actual good story telling. Whatever floats your boat pal.

Again, don't hold your breath waiting for my permission to decide what's good. You're beneath me. Move on with your garbage.

Disregarding the opinions of others because, inherently, no opinion can be right is just fine. But telling other that their opinions don't matter because they're a lesser person than you? Why, that's just pathetically funny.

Yeah, Dusty sucks. His opinions sucked before, but now he sucks as a person. :(

Everybody on the hype is a dukee bag or an A-hole. Some more so than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"