FINAL FANTASY XIV - New MMORPG

I'm going to get this game regardless, but all of the news coming out about it is disappointing. The good thing about MMO's is they can get better and be drastically different games even a few months down the road as content is added, and balancing tweaked. So maybe complaints about the misses in gameplay, the whole 8 hours then 7 hours decling xp thing, and some other things will be fixed or atleast improved on before it reaches PS3. It's a shame tho, the game looks great visually, and that style of MMO would scratch a gaming itch I have atm, but all of that can't cover up all the things wrong with it.

In light of being slammed on by review this has happened.

Final Fantasy XIV free trial period extended

this is what you get when you don't lessen enough of the bugs on time according to the reviewers. And it's turned a lot of people interested off if you saw the enough of the comments in those reviews sites, any way. So their using this extended free trial to turn the tide. They pretty much have no chose to. So those of you that have this game already cause it's was ether hard to take it back or you already committed. Enjoy.

I'm turning in

Discusions in session.

Last edited:
Im surpruised the game was even released this early. I didnt learn about that until after its release. Considering there was a beta that started like 2-3 weeks prior, they should have waited until they ironed those out. It really would have been best to wait till next year and launch it with the PS3 version

I was looking forward to playing this with friends when it launches on the PS3. If the game isn't fixed and got patched the hell up, by the time it gets released for the PS3, I'll be playing DCUO instead.

Square Enix announced Final Fantasy XIV Version 2.0 will arrive on PC in December 2011, a complete reboot of the game, with complete redesign of current repetitive maps, new graphics engine, new server systems with improved speed and performance, fully renewed user interface and expansion of the in-game community content. The PS3 version has been scheduled to release in Q3 2012.

Source

If I were them Id just scrap the FF IV name and spin this off into a new MMO series, calling it Final Fantasy Online or whatever. FF IV already just has such a bad stigma attached to it.

Oh man. I might need to play this now.

[YT]q8RuIXX4ntc[/YT]

Yes. Magitek Armor.

1266157-final_fantasy_vi.jpg

Cool. I'll continue to give FFXIV a couple more tries during the beta weekends. But with games like Destiny on the Horizon, I'm not sure I'll end up playing it. I'll only be able to commit to one MMO. Though I really want to finally be able to be a badass Dragoon.

Last edited:
Wow... last post in 2013. Well, how things changed. Destiny turned out to be trash, and I haven't played it in a long time, but stuck with FFXIV as my main MMO. Heck, main game in general. Currently there's this amazing Garo event underway and I already got two armor sets complete.

oSQW8QU.jpg

4kEqrJX.jpg

Vqor0Cy.jpg

U6zbGYw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95