Sequels New fan campaign ideas/let's decide it

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
Posted in TheXverse boards too:

I suggested time ago the idea of a new campaign from the fanbase; one of the amdinistrators said that one about Whedon as X4 director wouldn't be a good idea, because not everybody will be agreed. Then I suggested other about Cyclops and an user seemed to be agreed, so what I would want to know is what idea is the best for all the fans. So I've just thought that a poll is be the best way to know it, before starting the campaign via thexverse/superherohype, more the help of other boards too.

So vote the campaign idea you want most.

We'll see after one weeks which end being the most voted, and then, we'll decide how to do it, with the help of the administrators from both boards.

Edit: the option about Cyclops and Rogue as the main characters doesn't mean the rest of the x-men won't have a good role. In X3 the main role was Logan, but Storm had a good role too, as everyone know, so in the case of X4, Cyclops could be the leader, having a good role, like the one he never had, and Rogue too, after the X3 poor role, and after them, of course Storm would have a good role again; the same with Beast, then Angel with a decent screentime, then Kitty in a bit bigger role than X3 and Colossus too, with more lines, action, etc.

The idea is to make a new campaign, after the previous one (petition of an X4, that had a response from Tom Rottman) to send it to Fox & company too. Just for remember it.

I say it, because asking only for a 2 hour movie I find it a little poor, in my opinion. I mean, yes, I want a 2hour movie too, but I want more things for X4, like Cyclops and Kurt return, etc.

Angamb, I don't think any of your ideas really are viable.

The next X-movie has to include NEW characters like Gambit, Emma Frost, and a new villain.

It's time to let go of what happened in the past movies. Rogue could be featured... but that's not the main focus. It won't be Fox's main focus either.

After the contractual headache of getting everyone together for X3, losing directors, actors signing for other projects (Marsden, Paquin, Romijn all had limited availability - why do you think they were missing for most of the movie!), they will move on to other characters, other actors.

Let go of the Rogue/Cyclops obsessions and move on.

Don't think Cyclops and Rogue fans are agreed with you, hehe.

I understand what you say, but those two characters had the worst parts in X3. And so many people wasn't happy with it and have been saying that they hope it changing in the next sequel. That's why I though about in them for the new campaign.

Everyone is agreed that Gambit will be the new character in X4, so we don't need to campaign for it. We want a better movie, with the same x-men, so why not?

Don't think Cyclops and Rogue fans are agreed with you, hehe.

I understand what you say, but those two characters had the worst parts in X3. And so many people wasn't happy with it and have been saying that they hope it changing in the next sequel. That's why I though about in them for the new campaign.

Everyone is agreed that Gambit will be the new character in X4, so we don't need to campaign for it. We want a better movie, with the same x-men, so why not?

Fox isn't going to make a sequel purely to apologise to fans of Cyclops and Rogue. They had plenty of chance to change the storyline after the script leak but they didn't.

I agree Cyclops shouldn't have died (or shouldn't have died so dismissively) and Rogue ideally should not have been cured, but Fox's business model for new movies doesn't work on fixing things it did in previous movies. That's not how businesses work. They will never admit they upset people, or that they are aware of the online backlash, just as Bryan Singer blames marketing for the underperformance of SR rather than a somewhat flawed vision for reviving the character.

If you decide the cure doesn't work on Rogue, it then doesn't work in Magneto or Mystique - and, if not, why not? Is Magneto restored and still at large? Does Mystique get her powers back? Do all the other mutants get their powers back? Does everyone who paid for the cure find out it didn't work and then there is a massive public uprising of people suing Worthington for damages/compensation over the cure that didn't work on them? Does Worthington Industries collapse? It would take a huge slice of the next movie to go into all that.

The problem is that you aren't thinking it through properly. You are thinking with your heart, not your head.

It's kinda difficult to choose. I want a 2-hour X4 with Kurt returning and Rogue in one of the lead roles. I don't want Cyclops to return, though.

I think X4 must have more than 2 hours. That's all I agree with. To me, the main characters should be Cyclops, Beast and Storm. Beast filling the "Prof. Xavier role" with his wisdom, Cyclops being the field leader and Storm dealing with the kids and administrating the school. Then coming Gambit, Rogue, Angel, Kitty, etc...

I went longer than two hours... because all of the other options are terrible.

Why wasn't there a "No Wolverine" option? :woot:

are you really fan of the x-men?

Because in various boards it doesn't seem like that. Terrible options? maybe a few more would have been better, but terrible options.... Cyclops is the leader of the x-men, if you didn't know it, and Rogue had a poor role in X3, so the options make perfect sense. Other thing is you don't like those two characters. You should use more apropiated words.

A suggestion to those who vote for a 2hour movie: Add one other thing you would like for X4, something important, that most of the fans can be agreed.

Rogue had a leading role in the first film and Nightcrawler had a leading role in the second. And I was under the impression that Cumming didn't want to get back into the makeup anyway.

I'd love to see Scott finally get a leading role though.

let the franchise die? It's already ruined, see how the spin-offs pan out?

Then maybe an academy of tomorrow film if you wanna keep it in the same continuity.

Rogue had a leading role in the first film and Nightcrawler had a leading role in the second. And I was under the impression that Cumming didn't want to get back into the makeup anyway.

I'd love to see Scott finally get a leading role though.

We could say Rogue had a leading role with Logan in X1, but Kurt hadn't a leading role in X2, he was the new x-men, the lead one was Logan, then Storm or Jean, not sure.

Because in various boards it doesn't seem like that. Terrible options? maybe a few more would have been better, but terrible options.... Cyclops is the leader of the x-men, if you didn't know it, and Rogue had a poor role in X3, so the options make perfect sense. Other thing is you don't like those two characters. You should use more apropiated words.

I like Cyke plenty, I just don't want to see a horrible resurrection. And if they spin the whole "Oh he wasn't dead at all!" line I'd probably throw up.

So what if Rogue had a rough role in X-3? She was in all three movies! Her time has passed.

I feel like Nightcrawler's story was told in X-2, and as someone already said Cumming doesn't want to return, so that's moot....

And I don't want Whedon to direct because I don't like his work outside of TV.

So yes, I feel almost all the options are terrible.

We could say Rogue had a leading role with Logan in X1, but Kurt hadn't a leading role in X2, he was the new x-men, the lead one was Logan, then Storm or Jean, not sure.

Storm in X2 basically flew the plane and talked to Kurt, who had a bigger role than her. Yes, Logan is the lead in all the films, but he usually shares the lead with someone else. Rogue, then Nightcrawler, then Storm & Jean.

Dude you are totally off the mark... while I agree with your concerns, they are not going to cater the movies to what the die hard fans want. They aren't going to bring back these characters... especially if they have to recast everyone... if you want a direct sequel to TLS then you have to bring back the rest of the cast, or recast which always sucks... those characters all had their time... you can't keep ressurecting and so on and so forth... now if you could get the cast back together and then go with a continuation story for X-4, that would be great... but that isn't happening... X-Maniac is right on this. It needs to be a new train of thought... unless you can get Paquin, Grammer, Ashmore, and Page back, maybe recast Storm (but without Halle it kills continuity)... there is no point just sticking with these characters and bringing back old ones. Marsden would have to come back too... I think he is long done with this role.

I like Cyke plenty, I just don't want to see a horrible resurrection. And if they spin the whole "Oh he wasn't dead at all!" line I'd probably throw up.

So what if Rogue had a rough role in X-3? She was in all three movies! Her time has passed.

I feel like Nightcrawler's story was told in X-2, and as someone already said Cumming doesn't want to return, so that's moot....

I agree with you on the first two... but, outta curiosity, who said Cumming didn't want to return... yeah... he did say the makeup is a painstaking procedure but last I heard he was looking forward to reprising the character. :huh:

If I'm not mistaken, originally Nightcralwer was to have a small part. But the writers said Cumming wasn't that excited about returning, and that all the make-up painful process wasn't worth the small part he had, so they ended up discarting the character.

... those characters all had their time... you can't keep ressurecting and so on and so forth... now if you could get the cast back together and then go with a continuation story for X-4, that would be great... but that isn't happening... X-Maniac is right on this. It needs to be a new train of thought...

Regarding the Nightcrawler situation with X-3, the producers said that they planned on continuing the series as the comic books did... in the manner of focusing on characters for certain movies and reprising their roles later... in other words, Iceman was not in every issue of X-Men, but that doesn't mean he wasn't part of the team... and keeping all the characters on for every movie AND continually adding more would be... simply put, pricey $$$. Most charcters who didn't return are still under contract to do sequels. I know in "Sabretooth"'s case (can't recall the actor's name right now)... he signed for 3 movies... the studio is using 1 of those for the Wolverine solo... meaning he has 1 movie left after Wolverine... maybe a sequel to the Wollverine series or a reappearance in X-4, 5... and of course, there's always renegotiations.

I wrote a little too much, but my point is this: the story will continue with new characters... the old characters will still be there, just not onscreen.

I saw a press release from Fox recently that said that most of the newer mutants have signed on for sequela but... the older ones (i.e. Hugh, Halle, Famke...) have yet to sign on and have been given the option to renegotiate

...Beast filling the "Prof. Xavier role" with his wisdom...

Beast is intelligent but becoming the leader doesn't really fit the character... plus, in the comics, Storm did lead the X-Men. That, coupled with Halle's enthusiasm for reprising the role and the popularity of her character along with her portrayal in X3 suggests that she will be headmaster in X4... at least until Prof. X returns (suggested by the end credits)

Beast is intelligent but becoming the leader doesn't really fit the character... plus, in the comics, Storm did lead the X-Men. That, coupled with Halle's enthusiasm for reprising the role and the popularity of her character along with her portrayal in X3 suggests that she will be headmaster in X4... at least until Prof. X returns (suggested by the end credits)
did you read the words EXACTLY after that? If not, I'll repost, just because :oldrazz:

Cyclops being the field leader and Storm dealing with the kids and administrating the school.

By administrating the school, I meant she would be the leader when they are at the school. When they are on missions, Cyclops would be the first in charge, with Storm in second. Beast would be the wise man with wise words, a role that xavier used to have.

Just so everyone knows: producers said that X4 will most likely focus on Beast, Angel & Gambit... I'm sure Storm will have a strong role, too, due to her popularity in X3... of course, no script has yet been written... so it's all up in the air.

... and seriously, who really wants to see Anna Paquin's Rogue in a leading role again? They already ruined the character. She's supposed to be an attractive Southern Belle... not a chubby, whiny teenager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"