Sequels New fan campaign ideas/let's decide it

Just so everyone knows: producers said that X4 will most likely focus on Beast, Angel & Gambit... I'm sure Storm will have a strong role, too, due to her popularity in X3... of course, no script has yet been written... so it's all up in the air.

... and seriously, who really wants to see Anna Paquin's Rogue in a leading role again? They already ruined the character. She's supposed to be an attractive Southern Belle... not a chubby, whiny teenager.
There's no X4 in plans yet, how can it focus on Beast, Angel and Gambit? These characters were rumored to feature in both X2 and X3. But I've seen no concrete talk about X4 as of yet.

In other words, "Source, please" :D

There's no X4 in plans yet, how can it focus on Beast, Angel and Gambit? These characters were rumored to feature in both X2 and X3. But I've seen no concrete talk about X4 as of yet.

There are no plans for an X4 yet (other than contractual obligations of some of the actors) but I read an interview not too long ago about possible future stories... can't find it online however here is a quote from an interview in IF magazine from X3 scriptwriter Simon Kinberg:
"I think the one character we really wanted to find a way to include in [X3], and ultimately just couldn't find a way to do it, was Gambit. ... [X3] was so good at introducing Beast and Angel..."

...I couldn't find the whol article... and the quote above doesn't really back up what I said but it may have been in that same interview :csad: ... sorry... I spent some time in the search engines but couldn't find it. I assure you, I'm not a fan of starting rumors and I did read it somewhere from the mouth of one of the producers/writers involved with X3. I beleive he said something along the lines of wanting to expand on the characters Beast and Angel in X4 and properly introduce Gambit. (It's no secret that Kinberg is a Gambit fan and Zak Penn is an even bigger Gambit fan.)

..of course... Kinberg also said that Cyclops would get a chance to shine in X3... not sure he was telling the truth there...:csad:

There are no plans for an X4 yet (other than contractual obligations of some of the actors) but I read an interview not too long ago about possible future stories... can't find it online however here is a quote from an interview in IF magazine from X3 scriptwriter Simon Kinberg:
"I think the one character we really wanted to find a way to include in [X3], and ultimately just couldn't find a way to do it, was Gambit. ... [X3] was so good at introducing Beast and Angel..."

...I couldn't find the whol article... and the quote above doesn't really back up what I said but it may have been in that same interview :csad: ... sorry... I spent some time in the search engines but couldn't find it. I assure you, I'm not a fan of starting rumors and I did read it somewhere from the mouth of one of the producers/writers involved with X3. I beleive he said something along the lines of wanting to expand on the characters Beast and Angel in X4 and properly introduce Gambit. (It's no secret that Kinberg is a Gambit fan and Zak Penn is an even bigger Gambit fan.)

..of course... Kinberg also said that Cyclops would get a chance to shine in X3... not sure he was telling the truth there...:csad:

Kinberg and Penn said a lot of things...

Kinberg and Penn said a lot of things...

Indeed. I've just been re-reading those xverse archives.

I'm not sure what happened between what Simon said and the finished movie. The scope, depth, breadth and substance implied by his comments is not entirely there in the film. For instance, the final battle does not have a sense of RoTK at all, though it is very good and it was nice to see a team battle like this. Much like the Danger Room sequence, something was lost in the translation from script to screen, via the editing suite.

But I do understand that a new director (in fact two: Vaughn, then Ratner) and new writers would create something different from what we had previously seen. Plus, actor availabilities and budgetary constraints had an effect as well as studio demands.

Flavio, you haven't voted, hehe. I saw the voters but didn't see you. What's your choice?

you only want that?

oh, I'm dissapointed, :csad: hahaha.

Yep. I don't want Nightcrawler back, the main characters should be Beast, Scott and Ororo (Rogue in fourth) and no Joss Whedon.

why not Kurt? he is one of the best characters of the trilogy, at least in my opinion.

why not Kurt? he is one of the best characters of the trilogy, at least in my opinion.
I too think he is one of the best characters of the trilogy. But I think he had his time, I don't want to risk ruining a near perfect character, just like what happened to Rogue, Cyclops, etc. Kurt must stay as the character who was good throughout his presence...and I don't think he's vital to these movies.

I too think he is one of the best characters of the trilogy. But I think he had his time, I don't want to risk ruining a near perfect character, just like what happened to Rogue, Cyclops, etc. Kurt must stay as the character who was good throughout his presence...and I don't think he's vital to these movies.

And I don't think Cyke or Rogue are essential characters...

But sadly that wasn't a choice in the poll.

Regarding the Nightcrawler situation with X-3, the producers said that they planned on continuing the series as the comic books did... in the manner of focusing on characters for certain movies and reprising their roles later... in other words, Iceman was not in every issue of X-Men, but that doesn't mean he wasn't part of the team... and keeping all the characters on for every movie AND continually adding more would be... simply put, pricey $$$. Most charcters who didn't return are still under contract to do sequels. I know in "Sabretooth"'s case (can't recall the actor's name right now)... he signed for 3 movies... the studio is using 1 of those for the Wolverine solo... meaning he has 1 movie left after Wolverine... maybe a sequel to the Wollverine series or a reappearance in X-4, 5... and of course, there's always renegotiations.

I wrote a little too much, but my point is this: the story will continue with new characters... the old characters will still be there, just not onscreen.

I saw a press release from Fox recently that said that most of the newer mutants have signed on for sequela but... the older ones (i.e. Hugh, Halle, Famke...) have yet to sign on and have been given the option to renegotiate

This isn't a T.V show though... you can't focus on ONLY Beast, Angel, and Storm in one movie... then Gambit, Iceman, and Rouge in another. They all have to be touched upon in every film. You can't recast these roles either because no one would watch. I really don't think you'd have to break the bank... but I do think it is probably more money than Fox is willing to spend. I also doubt Ashmore and Paquin and anyone else who has already starred in three movies is contractually obligated to do more... they will all have to be renegotiated with. Point is... if an X4 is due within another six years or so, it HAS to have the same actors playing the roles. Wolverine is recastable, Rogue is recastable, Storm recasted is an absolute last resort.. Ashmore, Grammer, and Page should be back. Otherwise those characters shouldn't even have roles in sequels. And as far as Cyclops... it wouldn't even be worth it... Marsden will be too old by then. Sorry people... time to get over it.

^^^ He didn't say he was only going to focus on those characters... I'm sure they will have more than one main plotline... nothing is even in the works righ t now anyway so he may not even be writing X4 by the time they decide on it.

As far as contracts: according to Ashmore, he is contracted to one more film and according to the Lauren Shuler Donner (producer), "The newer cast members are signed, and the older cast members are not." Berry, Jackman, Stamos, Janssen, Stewart, McKellen and Paquin all have the option to renegotiate.

I really hope someday Cyclops will be given his right role as the leader of the X-men not just a supporting character but a leading role. Btw I voted for Cyclops and Rogue as the main characters of X4.

I edited the first post to explain one thing:

The option about Cyclops and Rogue as the main characters doesn't mean the rest of the x-men won't have a good role. In X3 the main role was Logan, but Storm had a good role too, as everyone know, so in the case of X4, Cyclops could be the leader, having a good role, like the one he never had, and Rogue too, after the X3 poor role, and after them, of course Storm would have a good role again; the same with Beast, then Angel with a decent screentime, then Kitty in a bit bigger role than X3 and Colossus too, with more lines, action, etc.

^^^ He didn't say he was only going to focus on those characters... I'm sure they will have more than one main plotline... nothing is even in the works righ t now anyway so he may not even be writing X4 by the time they decide on it.

As far as contracts: according to Ashmore, he is contracted to one more film and according to the Lauren Shuler Donner (producer), "The newer cast members are signed, and the older cast members are not." Berry, Jackman, Stamos, Janssen, Stewart, McKellen and Paquin all have the option to renegotiate.

Well it does offer me some optimism that at least some actors are signed for more movies... but I don't think you will really have to break the bank at bringing back some other actors you mentioned up there... Jean is dead... Wolverine will be absent or recasted... Patrick and Ian will be way too old by the time production on X-4 begins... and Mystique's arc was closed in TLS... Paquin and Halle are really the only other major players... but we all know damn well female leads can be recasted MUCH more easily than male leads... you sign a lower name for Storm and an actress with actual personality for Rogue and you are set. There are only 5 or 6 actors you need back really. Fox could make that happen so easily it's ridiculous... but the budget for LTS was just way too high and too crappy a film... so it appears they have lost total interest... a real shame indeed.

This isn't a T.V show though... you can't focus on ONLY Beast, Angel, and Storm in one movie... then Gambit, Iceman, and Rouge in another. They all have to be touched upon in every film. You can't recast these roles either because no one would watch. I really don't think you'd have to break the bank... but I do think it is probably more money than Fox is willing to spend. I also doubt Ashmore and Paquin and anyone else who has already starred in three movies is contractually obligated to do more... they will all have to be renegotiated with. Point is... if an X4 is due within another six years or so, it HAS to have the same actors playing the roles. Wolverine is recastable, Rogue is recastable, Storm recasted is an absolute last resort.. Ashmore, Grammer, and Page should be back. Otherwise those characters shouldn't even have roles in sequels. And as far as Cyclops... it wouldn't even be worth it... Marsden will be too old by then. Sorry people... time to get over it.

Berry is 7 years older than Marsden, so I don't see why Storm being recast is an absolute last resort while Marsden would simply be too old to play Cyclops. Either way, I don't think the original cast will be back for an X-Men 4 if it isn't made within the next few years... and then, they might as well wait and reboot a few years later.

Berry is 7 years older than Marsden, so I don't see why Storm being recast is an absolute last resort while Marsden would simply be too old to play Cyclops. Either way, I don't think the original cast will be back for an X-Men 4 if it isn't made within the next few years... and then, they might as well wait and reboot a few years later.
:up:

Marsden and Berry definetly aren't a problem, because all of us know that they would return. If was me, I did X4 for next year, but that won't happen, but can happen between 2009 and 2011, so it can be made, and I'm sure it will.

Marsden and Berry definetly aren't a problem, because all of us know that they would return. If was me, I did X4 for next year, but that won't happen, but can happen between 2009 and 2011, so it can be made, and I'm sure it will.

Fox is only doing one comic movie a year. They got Wolverine and Mags for 08 and 09. Plus Fox would probably do another FF movie before X4 since its a lot cheaper... plus they have talked about a Silver Surfer spinoff... so 2011 could be another spinoff year.. so 2012 is the earliest if Fox still has it by then... which it will. The spinoffs will have to own at the box office for Fox to even consider it. I still think that is early enough to get the cast back... but I doubt its gonna happen... this is Fox we are talking about. Halle will be in her mid forties and Marsden will be hitting 40 so I guess the main actors would still be in their prime I guess... its gonna be tight though... if they can get it in by 2012... we'd be looking at 2015/2016 releases for X5/X6... not bad at all... hopefully Richard's character in Superman will be killed off so Marsden climbs back on board... but the chances of this happening are NIL and we all know it.

Just a thought. The Magneto spin-off probably won't have any of the xfranchise actors, maybe Ian, but no more. So this spin-off can be made while they could be working on X4. We shouldn't assume that Fox has already one comicmovie for the next 5 years and wouldn't release two in a same year.

Just a thought. The Magneto spin-off probably won't have any of the xfranchise actors, maybe Ian, but no more. So this spin-off can be made while they could be working on X4. We shouldn't assume that Fox has already one comicmovie for the next 5 years and wouldn't release two in a same year.
I'm pretty sure that Patrick Stewart is also in the movie. I haven't looked for updates in a while, but he was gonna be in it last I knew.

That doesn't matter, though, 'cause he shouldn't be in X4 (at least IMO).

Yeah but who is cutting the checks... FOX... why do you think WB isn't hurrying to distribute every DC character... they don't feel it's money wisely spent... that's why they are funding one project a year... I think Fox can push their slate up to two a year... but they only have two franchises now don't they? Why would they milk it all in the next three years... but the bottom line is we are arguing for the sake of arguing... you said 2011... I said 2012... Whoopdi doodle doo....

I'm on my way to become professional screen writer and I have already written a xmen 4 script.

I posted at x-menfilms.net last year and great responses, found here http://xmenfilms.proboards54.com/ind...d=1158 037633

If anyone like to look the screenplay after reviewing the previous thoughts on others about it,I'll link it up for download again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"