Revenge of the Fallen New ideas the movies have introduced and you like

Mr. Earle

Avenger
Reaction score
The movies have introduced many new ideas to the franchise, so i thought it would be a good idea to pick our favourite ones. Also, would you like to see these new ideas incorporated into the wider mythos as a retcon of some sort? Ex: The cube created the TF instead of the quintessons.

Comics get retconned all the time. There is no reason to discard any new ideas and freeze the franchise as it was in G1.
I tried to make a list of the new ideas that the two movies introduced. I am not a TF expert, so maybe some of them arent new and maybe i have forgotten some of them, so feel free to correct me so that i can edit the list.

Last edited:
I didnt vote for the flames, but on the other hand, they do work on him. The progression from red to blue is smoother and it really works on his truck mode (maybe i should have voted for it then...). I dont think i like this redneck type of truck he turns into though...

I do however like the idea that Prime co-ruled Cybertron with Megatron. It gives a nice twist to their relationship. I also like the G1 idea that he was a worker that was rebuilt into a warrior, but that version doesnt explain how all of a sudden he came to lead the autobots. So maybe the two ideas could be merged into one. Prime was a ruler but not a fighter (Megatron had the military command anyway). He was rebuilt into a war machine when the war began.

The transformers scanning and tf into anything gets a yes. On the one hand you need to suspend your disbelief that the autobots dont just fly anywhere they want, but on the other it gives the franchise the freedom of movement it needs. Consequently, the fact that the robots can turn into jets and travel around the universe without the need of another vehicle makes sense, so yes to that as well.

Furthermore, i voted yes for the bayverse origin of the TF. The cube is mystic and nobody knows anything about it so it could be the creator of Primus and Unicron or maybe Primus' spark. The thing is that i never liked the Quintessons and how they ****ed up the stories in G1. I'd rather the robots werent created by those things (wasnt primus the creator anyway?) but even if they were, i wouldnt like to see them around. Its strange when you get to meet and talk with your creator...

On the other hand, i give a "WTF" to the hatchlings and the Matrix being a key ideas. Also, the movie doesnt explain why the Primes needed to harvest suns when they had the cube, neither does it explain how the current robots survived without sun harvesting or the cube for all this millenia. So that idea has to be worked on before i even consider voting for it.

I also voted no for the idea that Optimus is a prime descendant. Though it is kinda cool, it means that Prime is inherently the only special robot of the franchise and no other leader or robot "has the touch". In the G1 series if you could hold the matrix, you were one of the chosen ones and thus Rodimus could ascent to leadership status. Here nobody can replace Prime.

Last edited:
BTW, i think i should add the transformations and designs to the options list, but i dont know if its possible to edit the list now. So anyway, lets consider them added.

I really like the one about the primes. Very cool.

Pretty much every basic element they've introduced, save for the Twins, is an improvement over the source material.

The existence of the cube doesn't suggest the Quintessons may not exist.

I much prefer the idea of a reason for the autobots and Decepticons to be on Earth other than a random crash landing.

Love the idea that the autobots don't all look like cars before they took on their alt modes.

The Matrix seemed to be a number of things, much like it was in the comics and shows.

Hatchlings make sense, and give the alien robots a more organic feel.

Megatron turning into a gun was always lame.

Harvesting suns is a pretty cool idea, if out there.

Prime and Megatron ruled Cybertron?

I think "Prime could signify leadership and descendance". He's almost like a king. I don't mind that, it's simply not been explored.

There are a number of new elements I like:

-The nature of their transformations is better. All those moving parts instead of insert Tab A into slot B.

-NEST is a decent idea.

-I like the idea of Sam VS a family of "fair weather" helpers as the Witwicky's originally were.

Last edited:
The nature of their transformations is better.

NEST is a decent idea.

I like the idea of Sam VS a family of "fair weather" helpers as the Witwicky's originally were.
I second all three.

The designs definitely. I'm a fan of mostly all the designs especially Ironhide, the voice acting also matches the designs and makes it flow much better.

(Ironhide with a tough guy type voice and attitude, Ratchet a wise type, but older type voice etc)

None of the above

all of it is lazy story telling. Especially the cube, scanning anything, and the matrix as a key.

The only improvement is no mass shifting and anyone could've come up with that.

None of the above

all of it is lazy story telling. Especially the cube, scanning anything, and the matrix as a key.

The only improvement is no mass shifting and anyone could've come up with that.

Basically all that The Guard had already mentioned. yeah. Totally agree.

Just the thought of cars transforming into robots are so badass. Awesomeness.

Bumblebee being able to cry and pee...

no jus kidding...

I like the fact tat Megatron tranforms into something scary like an alien jet or alien tank.... altho it isnt really shown or emphasied tat much in ROTF as compared to TF1

A human being worthy of the matrix of leadership is like a squirrel monkey opening Excalibur.

and why do primes look like giant black fire ants? Transformers are living robots. The fact that they're robots makes one question how life is defined. Why pigeon hole them into the organic life form category? It detracts from the entire theme.

Lastly the Quintessons as the scientist-gods of Transformers was a cool concept. The beat the magmuffin cube by a mile. Who created the all-spark/cube anyway? Another alien species is good place to start. After all it explains why the Decepticons are different from the Autobots. One was built for military the other as worker slaves and their purposes conflicted as they evolved. Totally wasted ideas in Bayformers.

The Cube's power isn't infinite. From time to time, the Primes had to harvest a sun, convert it's energy in Energon and recharge the Cube.

A human being worthy of the matrix of leadership is like a squirrel monkey opening Excalibur.
Lol!
Bumblebee being able to cry and pee...

no jus kidding...

I like the fact tat Megatron tranforms into something scary like an alien jet or alien tank.... altho it isnt really shown or emphasied tat much in ROTF as compared to TF1
I love the fact that Megatron doesnt give a **** about the humans and he thinks that hiding and camouflaging is beneath him. His alt mode will scare the crap out of everyone anyway.

Bayverse Megatron is so badass that he would walk right through Christian Bale's set. He is that badass!
Lastly the Quintessons as the scientist-gods of Transformers was a cool concept. The beat the magmuffin cube by a mile. Who created the all-spark/cube anyway? Another alien species is good place to start. After all it explains why the Decepticons are different from the Autobots. One was built for military the other as worker slaves and their purposes conflicted as they evolved. Totally wasted ideas in Bayformers.
I didnt like those ***holes. They had a great design but they were ***holes. And i didnt like how the TF got to hang with their creators. I 'd rather the quintessons were extinct or if Primus himself created them. (so i am confused now, didnt Primus make the transformers because he was damaged and couldnt go on?)

Lol! I love the fact that Megatron doesnt give a **** about the humans and he thinks that hiding and camouflaging is beneath him. His alt mode will scare the crap out of everyone anyway.

Bayverse Megatron is so badass that he would walk right through Christian Bale's set. He is that badass!

:lmao:

I'd like to say that I really like the 2001/Kubrick vibe omage, that the Transformer movies have adopted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"