New Jack City

Lord Blackbolt

Avenger
Reaction score
With American Gangster out....I thought people should remember this movie as well. Wesley Snipes...in a good acting role other than a action star. Mario Peeples before his career was at it's low point. Chris Rock as a crack head. This movie was awesome to me. It was a little over the top, but I love it.

Why is it that rap stars always have posters of ScarFace, but don't give props to New Jack City. I'd think that movie would be more Gangsta Rap than ScarFace?

I agree...Rappers just like Scarface because of all the memorable lines, drugs, and money....

With American Gangster out....I thought people should remember this movie as well. Wesley Snipes...in a good acting role other than a action star. Mario Peeples before his career was at it's low point. Chris Rock as a crack head. This movie was awesome to me. It was a little over the top, but I love it.

Why is it that rap stars always have posters of ScarFace, but don't give props to New Jack City. I'd think that movie would be more Gangsta Rap than ScarFace?

And it's crazy, because New Jack City acknowledges Scarface as well.

I think it still holds up very well, even if it ends a little too melodramatically. Not to mention being very one-sided.

Ideally, I tend to prefer Deep Cover.

lol. This movie is such a guilty pleasure..

-TNC

God this movie was the first thing I thought of while watching the trailer for American Gangster. This was a great movie of it's time, I thought. That's when I fell in love with Ice T, crazy ****er. :rolleyes:

NEWJACKCITY.jpg

This movie is still a favorite. A lot of memorable (some just outright funny) lines. :up:

Still like to pop in the DVD every now and then.

I havn't seen this movie in ages...I need to get the dvd.

This is one of my favorite films. :up:

"Sit yo five dollar ass down, before I make change."

Li-vin', just enough..for the city...

..In a neeeeewwwwwww...jaaaaaaack...

citttyyy....eeeey-eeeeyy....eeee-eeeeyyy..

ooooooooooooohhhhh yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.. :p

-TNC

God this movie was the first thing I thought of while watching the trailer for American Gangster. This was a great movie of it's time, I thought. That's when I fell in love with Ice T, crazy ****er. :rolleyes:

Harlem just couldn't catch a break from hustlin' scumbags. Heroin in the 70's ....crack in the 80's. This was based on a true story....just like American Gangster.

I wonder if the Nino character was inspired by Frank Lucas. They both did the poison your people thing and give turkeys away at Thanksgiving.

Harlem just couldn't catch a break from hustlin' scumbags. Heroin in the 70's ....crack in the 80's. This was based on a true story....just like American Gangster.

I wonder if the Nino character was inspired by Frank Lucas. They both did the poison your people thing and give turkeys away at Thanksgiving.

Yeah, but the thing about Nino was, there was no way for you to NOT know what he was about. There was so much flashiness to him, compared to Frank Lucas.

Yeah, but the thing about Nino was, there was no way for you to NOT know what he was about. There was so much flashiness to him, compared to Frank Lucas.

Awwww..grasshopper. Not true. They polished that up in the movie. He lots of garish pimp clothes. The movie did some creative changes.

And if Lucas is gunning down cats in the street, how can you not know what he was about?

I thought that Nino Brown was fictional. Only the drug problem was real.

Thanks Tzarinna.
I could've sworn the end of the film said something along the lines of "Nino Brown is fictional, but there are many Nino Browns currently out there."

Thanks Tzarinna.
I could've sworn the end of the film said something along the lines of "Nino Brown is fictional, but there are many Nino Browns currently out there."

The character is fictional. but the story is based on a real life scumbag. :yay:

You know what? I just realized something. The thing above says Nino Brown was based on Nicky Barnes. Wasn't Nicky Barnes played by Cuba Gooding Jr. in American Gangster?

:wow:

Pretty good homage to The Untouchables. I got the two-disc DVD a few Christmas's back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"