New Superman Returns X360 screens!

You see, Mentok, it's not Superman 64-bad...in fact, I don't think it's bad at all...but this is coming from a Superman fan. I think you just have to be a fan of the game to praise it this much. And yes, compared to other games on the market, it does have a lot of flaws. But, by itself, it's a pretty satisfying experience. But waaaaaay too short. I finished it in about 5 hours or so. I mean the Metro events keep going but they get repetitive after a while. Say, wasn't there a code out there somewhere where you could turn the Metro events off? Hmm, maybe on here or on The Planet.

ProjectPat2280 said:
My standards are just low, and im a sucker for superhero games.

as I've said before pat, you and I are on the same level

I could spend all day just flying around the city. I've done the same thing I did in new york city with spider-man 2, which is get to know the city forwards, backwards, and upside down (I have a very good visual memory)... I like to know every detail of where I am going, and knowing how to get there the fastest

BatFitz said:
You see, Mentok, it's not Superman 64-bad...in fact, I don't think it's bad at all...but this is coming from a Superman fan. I think you just have to be a fan of the game to praise it this much. And yes, compared to other games on the market, it does have a lot of flaws. But, by itself, it's a pretty satisfying experience. But waaaaaay too short. I finished it in about 5 hours or so. I mean the Metro events keep going but they get repetitive after a while. Say, wasn't there a code out there somewhere where you could turn the Metro events off? Hmm, maybe on here or on The Planet.

I know theres a code thats called Infinite City Health but no Metro Events code. Itd be amazing if they can be turned off though it looks like they are named differently for the systems. The 360 has Infinity City Health & for the PS2 its called Infinite Metro Health.

How the hell do you beat Overcast or whatever on Warworld? He's freaking impossible. My Favored Gladiator thing keeps going down for no reason. Jor-El says "Throw stuff at him" so I do and it only sometimes hurts him. It's really pissing me off.

DareDemon said:
How the hell do you beat Overcast or whatever on Warworld? He's freaking impossible. My Favored Gladiator thing keeps going down for no reason. Jor-El says "Throw stuff at him" so I do and it only sometimes hurts him. It's really pissing me off.
what? when hes like glowing, and 30 stories tall? throw ****, then when he shrinks, punch him until he falls to the ground, once fallen,run from him because when he gets back up he will make an explosion, after he did the explosion run to him, beat him down, then repeat...

I enjoy flying around...... not so much the rest of the game. :o

Yeah, its not a bad game to where its unplayable.

I spent 30mins on it and got bored :(

I expected it to be more like the spiderman2 game that was fantastic but no superman returns be full of kryptonite.... even the Hulk was better than this

Superman Returns is FULL of Kryptonite?

Or is it NOT full of Kryptonite?

Bought this game....loved it at first, then disliked it for just repetitiveness, and now I kinda like it again. They done a great job on flying, and creating the city, and the controls dont bother me. Its just that theres not much else you can do except fly, until you get bored with that. Same old sub missions...another robot to kill. I have enjoyed it though....just that the developers really shouldve tried to get a more variety on the gameplay side. Sub missions playing as Clarke or something to spice it up...Enemies to fight who ARENT fecking robots!!!

I give the game a 7/10....if you start playing it for what it is, and start swiftin through the missions, it is enjoyable. Just dont burn out the feeling of flying our you'll find it hard to put the time in to complete. And there are some really cool elements to the game....

AshtonFoster said:
Bought this game....loved it at first, then disliked it for just repetitiveness, and now I kinda like it again. They done a great job on flying, and creating the city, and the controls dont bother me. Its just that theres not much else you can do except fly, until you get bored with that. Same old sub missions...another robot to kill. I have enjoyed it though....just that the developers really shouldve tried to get a more variety on the gameplay side. Sub missions playing as Clarke or something to spice it up...Enemies to fight who ARENT fecking robots!!!

I give the game a 7/10....if you start playing it for what it is, and start swiftin through the missions, it is enjoyable. Just dont burn out the feeling of flying our you'll find it hard to put the time in to complete. And there are some really cool elements to the game....

Well there are alot of people that don't like the idea of playing as Clark because they think back with the Hulk game doing missions as Bruce Banner and it being boring and irritating. But I think Clark missions would be awesome like for example like Lois starts to suspect your Superman and you have to do things to make her think your not Superman or you have to save someone using your powers without people in the crowd figuring out your Superman. I would love for us to have the option to change to Clark and Superman whenever we want. There are a ton of tiny things that could make a Superman game the best superhero game ever. The Xbox 360 can handle it don't give me that not enough space bull**** excuse.

i'm dying for a superhero game that will let us change into the alter ego and back at will... like for spider-man, I'd love to change to peter parker on my own and drop down to meet mary jane for a date or go to the daily bugle, not get to a point and just see a cut scene right away. plus I like to just use the powers dressed in normal clothes, it'd be cool to see

I got this and I kinda like it. It's kinda repetitive but the game play's not bad, flying and powers are awesome and its a lovely city. I love the chunky, comic type graphics.

I agree 7/10. Not great but worthy especially if you are a superman fan.

Well HEL!! If Horrorfan likes it, it's good enough for me! :D

Unless it's Doom 3. That game is poopy.

Well I just got it and I gotta say at first I disliked it but once you get used to the controls and everything its actually a decent game. There is plenty to improve on though and there was some irritating glitches. I would say it is somewhere in between a 6.5-7.0.

Someone help me please. Everytime I try to save it won't. It always says "Save game failed. Game progress cannot be saved on another gamer profile's save file!" Uhhh what the ****?? I have even deleted it once and restarted the game over again but I still can't save. :(

Try pressing the Xbox Guide Button in the middle of the controller and loggin in to your profile.

WhatsHisFace said:
Well HEL!! If Horrorfan likes it, it's good enough for me! :D

Unless it's Doom 3. That game is poopy.

Yeah I think the game is fun. It would have been better if it was based on Smallville, the best superman project ever, but as it is, its entertaining. I think you would like it. Flying is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"