New Superman Returns X360 screens!

As long as the flying is good and the city is large, I could really care less about fighting robots and saving cats.

Still, I don't know if I'm ready to pay $60 for this game. I really hope we start seeing some good deals on this.

WhatsHisFace said:
As long as the flying is good and the city is large, I could really care less about fighting robots and saving cats.

Still, I don't know if I'm ready to pay $60 for this game. I really hope we start seeing some good deals on this.

It has flaws- but nowhere near as bad as IGN's review score makes it sound. It's story is kinda sloppy, and it does get kinda repetitive, but it has some neat battles, and you feel like superman- the most important ingrident for a game based on a hero.

The flying is awesome- you actually seem to break the speed barrier, and feel like superman as you go full pelt over the city to reach an emergency as fast as possible. The combat is basic but satisfying, and the powers are well done.

I'd say it's a very solid first effort- and a sequel could be truly super.

Well I think that they focused a lot on Superman, making flying and using his powers good (they got the flying and the powers right imo), and Metropolis, giving us a huge Metropolis to fly into, that they didnt focus or they didnt have time to focus on the other stuff.

It does feel like you're doing the same thing over and over again but its still a fun game to play. I believe now that they have Metropolis along with Superman (flying mechanics, powers etc) they can create a new game before the sequel to Superman Reurns and pay attention to the other stuff in the game.

More random crimes, the ability to choose if we want to start the random crimes and missions, more mini-games, more things to do in the city, a day/night feature and many other thing that the game would have been a lot better if they had included them.

It'd be cool if we could enter various buildings especially the Daily Planet and turn into Clark. The first reports about the game mentioned Clark as a playable character in a mini-game for example.

Anyway I enjoy the game and its a good first attempt that could lead to a lot better sequels.

WhatsHisFace said:
Try pressing the Xbox Guide Button in the middle of the controller and loggin in to your profile.

I have been logged in when I play.

Well I guess I have to just play through the ****ing game in one sitting. How irritating.

I played like that for at least an hour. picking stuff up made me just die laughing... it was such an anthropomorphic ice box

if it had a red cape I would have never turned the game off ever

I've only been playing the demo, but has anyone ever tried just holding the flying button for a long amount of time while circling the whole city? Is it me, or after the 2nd short burst of breaking the sound barrier, while the whole visual speed thing is still there, it doesn't really seem like you're flying that fast? I went straight along a highway and it felt like Supes was moving slow as hell.

Seems as if you only really move fast during that short scene of breaking the sound barrier. After that, it's just a visual blur. :confused:

new screens

superman.png

Already made that joke about 10 pages back. Go effort though.

Are there people still out there willingly playing this game?!?:wow:

Crooklyn said:
I've only been playing the demo, but has anyone ever tried just holding the flying button for a long amount of time while circling the whole city? Is it me, or after the 2nd short burst of breaking the sound barrier, while the whole visual speed thing is still there, it doesn't really seem like you're flying that fast? I went straight along a highway and it felt like Supes was moving slow as hell.

Seems as if you only really move fast during that short scene of breaking the sound barrier. After that, it's just a visual blur. :confused:
No, it just becomes less noticable. The most sonic booms I've got is 4 though. After that there's just...no sound. It's fun going on the highway and zooming past cars though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"