New Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie and TV show in the works!

Let's get Zombie in here and let him do a proper sequel to Tobe Hoopers Part 2. His entire film career was built on worshipping that movie so give the man a shot already after the Munsters flops

Just think about how dirty and nasty Zombie's take on this material would be!

And I mean that in a good way...

Another misunderstanding of the Leatherface character. He was almost supernatural at several points.

That ending was ridiculous.

Well he doesn't age apparently
was shot multiple times, took a chainsaw to the face, drowned
... so I guess he is supernatural.

It's definitely not as bad as Texas Chainsaw 3D which I actually re-watched right before this and while that movie still sucks this movie honestly isn't much better either.

I was kind of enjoying the first half of it, but when it got to the bus massacre, I felt like it just went completely off the rails after that despite the plentiful kills and some solid gory effects.

Agreed. Did I miss something in that bus scene?
They're driving away, but for no reason the driver just stops the bus and gets out to get killed... :huh: Might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a movie. They gave no explanation for that, maybe something was cut?

Funny enough, when they got into the car and Sally was hesitating, I was half expecting a twist where Sally actually had a Stockholme syndrome for Leatherface and actually wanted to reunite with him after building up a Laurie Strode revenge scenario. Nope!

This was really bad. Some okay kills but really bad all around. I’m surprised, I like what Fede Alvarez does.

****, this was utter trash. Zero suspense… kills were dumb… so much fake blood… characters were paper thin… the Sally of it was a joke.

I hate this movie.

How does he move faster than an Olympian runner/swimmer lol?

Also. How was he 70+ years old… yet his mom was that orphanage lady?

Last edited:
I'll say it's on the so bad it's good level.

The scene with the dude calling out leatherface and threatening to cancel him was hilariously stupid. :funny:

Overall I kinda enjoyed it more than that last one which was so boring.

Visually, the movie is superior to almost all the other Texas Chainsaw Massacre. However, the characters are written so terribly and the ending is laughable that it makes a lot of sense why the studio tried selling this as quickly as they could. It amazes me Fede Alvarez produced this and Don’t Breathe 2 and stood by both as being good films haha!

as cheesy as it was I prefer the Texas Chainsaw 3D sequel over this

Finally watched it and it might as well have been a comedy. Its so horrible and predictable that i can't believe that the script got approved.

Yeah, this was not so great. I think it's time for a reboot that ignores all these sequels!

Thats pretty much why in my opinion, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 remake, is the absolute best film of them all. I really respect and appreciate The Original film, but out of all of TCM films out there, I dont think any of them have beaten that film. Overall from tone, characters, story, score, just amazing for a Horror film.

As far as this new Netflix film goes, I thought it was enjoyable. I don't think it was the worst film of the series but it was definitely far from the best.

Leatherface had a limp earlier in the movie that seemingly disappeared towards the end of the film.

Leatherface had a limp earlier in the movie that seemingly disappeared towards the end of the film.

It disappeared along with several gunshots, a chainsaw to the face, and him drowning...

I didn't notice the limp myself, I can imagine they did it because Leatherface was supposed to be old, but then they probably forgot about it halfway through. :whatever:

Despite everything, I will say I like how they gave the same rating I gave this movie. :o

ueUHvTE.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"