Iron Man 3 New weapons and abilities

I chose strength because I would love to see Iron Man really kick ash in IM3. In his own movies he has been severely under-powered, mostly due to PIS. In Iron Man, he was low on power; in IM2 he punched Vanko, a normal human being, and barely bloodied his nose. Even pulling his punch, he should have shattered the man's skull. The writers focus more on the suits' speed, flight capabilities and weapons than its strength. They really ought to consider making IM's physical strength more integral to his fights. He should be tossing tanks around like toys, not struggling to lift mere cars.

That may have been part of the point of the Iron Man/Thor fight in The Avengers. Stark couldn't beat Thor, not by a long shot, but he didn't get his ash handed to him, either. Place him firmly a notch beneath Thor and Hulk, which is still very powerful, and let him tear it up a bit.

I chose strength because I would love to see Iron Man really kick ash in IM3. In his own movies he has been severely under-powered, mostly due to PIS. In Iron Man, he was low on power; in IM2 he punched Vanko, a normal human being, and barely bloodied his nose. Even pulling his punch, he should have shattered the man's skull. The writers focus more on the suits' speed, flight capabilities and weapons than its strength. They really ought to consider making IM's physical strength more integral to his fights. He should be tossing tanks around like toys, not struggling to lift mere cars.

That may have been part of the point of the Iron Man/Thor fight in The Avengers. Stark couldn't beat Thor, not by a long shot, but he didn't get his ash handed to him, either. Place him firmly a notch beneath Thor and Hulk, which is still very powerful, and let him tear it up a bit.

Thank GOD I'm not the only one who thinks this, no one else seems to care about Iron Man's super strength.

I'd definately place him right under Thor and Hulk and significantly above the rest of the MCU Avengers. I also found it stupid that IM could fight Thor, but he get's his ash handed to him by all of his villains. :doh:

Last edited:
I want to see the old hip-pod/disc blasters brought back in some form; google it, ah...

and for a nice gag, the roller skates.. yes, I went there..

Thank GOD I'm not the only one who thinks this, no one else seems to care about Iron Man's super strength.

I'd definately place him right under Thor and Hulk and significantly above the rest of the MCU Avengers. I also found it stupid that IM could fight Thor, but he get's his ash handed to him by all of his villains. :doh:
IM1 was forgivable, but IM2 was a big disappointment. War Machine and Iron Man couldn't beat Vanko, even though Stark's armor was the most advanced.

IM1 was forgivable, but IM2 was a big disappointment. War Machine and Iron Man couldn't beat Vanko, even though Stark's armor was the most advanced.

Yeah it was like they purposefully make Iron Man weaker so he would need War Machine's help.

Lol I'm pretty sure Vanko was kicking Iron Man and War Machine's asses before the did the superhero "high five".

Yeah the fight was short but it was still pretty one-sided until they combined their repulsor blasts.

I want to see some bona-fide heavy lifting, so far it doesn't even seem like MCU IM is any stronger than Spidey.

I don't think so. He caught a car in the first movie, tossed a man with one arm 35 feet, effortlessly. I don't think Spiderman had that strength. And this was ironman 1, we can assume his armor got upgraded.

I think his strength is fine.

I really, really want to see him catch a plane. (Not really a new ability, but, still.)

Energy shields would be awesome.

Pulse bolts.

Stealth.

Oh, and I want to see Tony be inventive with chewing gum and duct tape. He's made armor out of prison utensils once in the comics. Something like that. I know he's done the armor out of a box of scraps, but imo, that never gets old.

Yeah I want to see him catch a plane too, he definately could use a bona fide "jaw dropping" strength feat.

Energy Shields are also high on my list, he suit gets damaged in every movie you would think he'd have shields by now.

The plane won't happen. That is a HUGE strength feat, I see the MCU giving Thor a big strength feat before Ironman. They made it clear how strong Thor is in the MCU. Hulk hasn't caught a plane. Ironman won't. That would give the image that Ironman is as strong as Hulk.

Which isn't the case.

I may be the only one, but I think in terms of strength, he is fine.

again, he won't be tossing around tanks like toys, we haven't even seen Hulk do that, or Thor. They won't do that in Ironman.

In my opinion, yeah giving him a strength feat, like lifting a tank or sometihng, but I think in terms of strength, he is fine.

His fight with Thor didn't make him look weak. It just made Thor look much stronger.

Hulk is a freak, and Thor is somewhat close, which means even though Ironman isn't exactly in their league, he still is insanely strong. Not to mention his strength feats in IM 1 really weren't bad. And of course we can just assume, due to his newer armors, he obviously is stronger.

Agreed. Stark should have been able to beat him himself.

PIS though. Just like when fighting the mongar

I don't think so. He caught a car in the first movie, tossed a man with one arm 35 feet, effortlessly. I don't think Spiderman had that strength. And this was ironman 1, we can assume his armor got upgraded.

I think his strength is fine.

Spider-Man stopped a train in SM2, I know he used his webs to help but I'm pretty sure he could catch a car easily.

The plane won't happen. That is a HUGE strength feat, I see the MCU giving Thor a big strength feat before Ironman. They made it clear how strong Thor is in the MCU. Hulk hasn't caught a plane. Ironman won't. That would give the image that Ironman is as strong as Hulk.

Which isn't the case.

I may be the only one, but I think in terms of strength, he is fine.

I didn't say it's going to happen, I just said I'd like to see it no matter how unlikely it is.

again, he won't be tossing around tanks like toys, we haven't even seen Hulk do that, or Thor. They won't do that in Ironman.

Hulk stopped a leviathans with one punch so I'm sure a tank is nothing and Thor hasn't come up against a tank yet.

Thor's more than a notch above Iron Man when it comes to strength.

Thor's more than a notch above Iron Man when it comes to strength.

Yeah I'd say Thor's about 2 or 3 notches above Iron Man, since everytime they got in close Thor dominated.

Iron Man used his smarts, quick thinking, and maneuverability to stay in the fight.

1. Hulk
2. Thor
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America

Hulk and Thor are gods compared to their enemy, in terms of strength. Iron Man's got speed and maneuverability on his side. I think Iron Man would do well against Thor, just like in the movie. But he'd be no match against the Hulk.

1. Hulk
2. Thor
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America

Hulk and Thor are gods compared to their enemy, in terms of strength. Iron Man's got speed and maneuverability on his side. I think Iron Man would do well against Thor, just like in the movie. But he'd be no match against the Hulk.

IM keeping up with Thor was just in the movies, because in the comics he gives Hulk a better match than he gives Thor.

Besides, if movie Iron Man can keep up with Thor he could keep up with Hulk since Thor himself can keep up with Hulk.

Spider-Man stopped a train in SM2, I know he used his webs to help but I'm pretty sure he could catch a car easily.

I didn't say it's going to happen, I just said I'd like to see it no matter how unlikely it is.

Hulk stopped a leviathans with one punch so I'm sure a tank is nothing and Thor hasn't come up against a tank yet.

1. Spiderman used a lot of his strong webs to stop the train. Its tough to say though, because it can go either way, I wouldn't exactly call it a strength feat.

2. I suppose it would be cool to see. But, I don't know if I would, it wouldnt make sense to me. As you said in another thread BT, physical strength seems to be toned down a lot in the MCU. Don't you think it would kind of, well, odd to see ironman, or anyone for that matter, outside of maybe hulk catch a plane?

3. True. But that is exactly my point. Thor has not come up against a tank yet, the Avengers made it clear how strong Thor is, so I don't think they would give Ironman a big strength feat like that before. Since right now, I find it doubtful that movie Thor could toss around tanks like toys. Lift them, yes, but toss them around like toys? No. That is on Hulk level, which Thor is not, in the MCU. MCU Thor is a few notches above Ironman in strength. With this reasoning, I would not like to see Ironman perform that type of strength feat.
Hulk should be able to toss tanks around like toys. I didn't say he couldn't (did I? maybe I did, I don't remember, but I think he can lmao)

That being said, I don't think Thor can, which means Ironman definitely can't.

Now...all likely-hood aside, for these reasons, I would not want to see Ironman be able to toss around tanks like toys. Because that would suggest that he rivals hulk in strength, which wouldn't be a big deal, HOWEVER, given the strength they have established Hulk, Ironman and Thor at already, it would be confusing to see Ironman suddenly get THAT much stronger. For that reason, this paragraph right here, I would NOT like seeig ironman have a strength feat like that. Picking up a tank, or tossing one sure, but not tossing em around like toys.

in my opinion of course...catch my drift?

in my opinion of course

Last edited:
1. Hulk
2. Thor
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America

All abilities taken into account. Ironman would do better against Hulk than against Thor. bad place, I wouldn't be surprised, if he really cut loose, that Thor could take on Cap Ironman, and Hulk at the same time

IM keeping up with Thor was just in the movies, because in the comics he gives Hulk a better match than he gives Thor.

Besides, if movie Iron Man can keep up with Thor he could keep up with Hulk since Thor himself can keep up with Hulk.

And that is just physically :woot:

1. Spiderman used a lot of his strong webs to stop the train. Its tough to say though, because it can go either way, I wouldn't exactly call it a strength feat.

2. I suppose it would be cool to see. But, I don't know if I would, it wouldnt make sense to me. As you said in another thread BT, physical strength seems to be toned down a lot in the MCU. Don't you think it would kind of, well, odd to see ironman, or anyone for that matter, outside of maybe hulk catch a plane?

3. True. But that is exactly my point. Thor has not come up against a tank yet, the Avengers made it clear how strong Thor is, so I don't think they would give Ironman a big strength feat like that before.

But all likelyness aside, I don't know if I would like seeing Ironman have a strength feat like that, yet. Just cause it seems a bit out of place at the moment..

in my opinion of course

1. Now you're just being difficult, it was clearly a strength feat since Spidey was the one holding the webs. Plus he passed out after stopping the train, no one is going to watch the film and be like "his webs did all the work.

2. Yeah it is toned down but IM has jet boosters on his feet and back so it wouldn't be purely physical strength.

3. The Avengers didn't really make Thor's strength level clear, all we know is that he's above IM and below Hulk. Crushing IM's armor and catching Hulk's arm was cool but that didn't really show us all that Thor has in store.

1. Now you're just being difficult, it was clearly a strength feat since Spidey was the one holding the webs. Plus he passed out after stopping the train, no one is going to watch the film and be like "his webs did all the work.

2. Yeah it is toned down but IM has jet boosters on his feet and back so it wouldn't be purely physical strength.

3. The Avengers didn't really make Thor's strength level clear, all we know is that he's above IM and below Hulk. Crushing IM's armor and catching Hulk's arm was cool but that didn't really show us all that Thor has in store.

1. Except I am really not. I am just being over-analytical. That's how I am. (plus I am Italian, it's in my nature to seek out disagreement :p) He used his webs, and held onto them to stop the training, and I am not sure, in my own opinion, if that could be for sure considered a feat of strength, meaning, is that something we can use to determine his level of strength? Yeah, he did use his strength to hold the webs, oppose to stopping the train completely. I thought that it would be easier to stop sometihng using support, than using raw strength, but now that I think about it I suppose that actually does make more sense.

However, just because I did not see it as it was, and was incorrect, please do not tell me I was being difficult, just because I saw it differently. I did not mean it in that type of way.

secondly, forgot to mention, I thought you were talking about TAM spiderman.

Thirdly, I actually would put spiderman stronger, now that you mentioned it.

Do you remember that scene in spiderman two, when he caught that big, (can't really remember) piece of building from falling on top of Mary Jane? That is actually a very impressive strength feat in my eyes. :up:

2. I didn't think of that. But I thought you were talking about strength, not with his boosters. Using his jet boosters, then sure, it makes sense.

3. Agreed, I guess all we can do is guess. Hopefully that changes.

I kinda wish they could somehow release a strength chart lol. To compare.

If Hulk's strength level is 100, Thor's could be 67, Ironman's 30. Just sorta give us an idea as to where they are :p

Last edited:
1. Except I am really not. I am just being over-analytical. That's how I am. (plus I am Italian, it's in my nature to seek out disagreement :p) He used his webs, and held onto them to stop the training, and I am not sure, in my own opinion, if that could be for sure considered a feat of strength, meaning, is that something we can use to determine his level of strength? Yeah, he did use his strength to hold the webs, oppose to stopping the train completely. I thought that it would be easier to stop sometihng using support, than using raw strength, but now that I think about it I suppose that actually does make more sense.

However, just because I did not see it as it was, and was incorrect, please do not tell me I was being difficult, just because I saw it differently. I did not mean it in that type of way.

I didn't mean any harm by calling you difficult, my bad bro.

secondly, forgot to mention, I thought you were talking about TAM spiderman.

Thirdly, I actually would put spiderman stronger, now that you mentioned it.

Do you remember that scene in spiderman two, when he caught that big, (can't really remember) piece of building from falling on top of Mary Jane? That is actually a very impressive strength feat in my eyes. :up:

2. I didn't think of that. But I thought you were talking about strength, not with his boosters. Using his jet boosters, then sure, it makes sense.

bad place yeah THAT is the feat I should've brought up because we have yet to see IM do anything that impressive.

3. Agreed, I guess all we can do is guess. Hopefully that changes.

I kinda wish they could somehow release a strength chart lol. To compare.

If Hulk's strength level is 100, Thor's could be 67, Ironman's 30. Just sorta give us an idea as to where they are :p

I would rank Hulk as 100+, Thor as 100, and Iron Man 60

I didn't mean any harm by calling you difficult, my bad bro.

bad place yeah THAT is the feat I should've brought up because we have yet to see IM do anything that impressive.

I would rank Hulk as 100+, Thor as 100, and Iron Man 60

Yeah, I mean on like a scale from 0-100, just in terms of say, percentage. If Hulk strength we measure at 100% Thor's would be.... Ironman's would be..Etc...but yeah that makes more sense that way.

Put steve at say like 15, and then Loki probably around 45. He was completely physically superior to Cap. Though its tough to say how he fairs against Ironman, in terms of strength.

but for the topic, I would LOVE to see his stealth armor :up:

i voted Unibeam like a chump. lol

but energy shields! I would love to see that as a nod to the unbreachable energy barrier surrounding the tesseract in The Avengers. or stealth mode as a nod to the Helicarrier. He's freaking Tony Stark, always inclusive with the information he gathers.
Yeah, and he just hacked and downloaded every single secret that SHIELD has. So the possibilities are endless.

Well, using the comic versions, strength wise, Hulk and Thor are both Class 100 ( exactly who is stronger depends on a *lot* of factors, but their one on one fights are almost always portrayed as even matches that go on a long time ), Iron Man is about Class 80, and everyone else is way the heck further down. Loki is something like Class 20, which is sadly puny for an Asgardian, though not direly relevant given his magical abilities.

While Hulk isn't as strong in the movies as in the comics, I'd say he still makes a good benchmark. Lets call him Class 100. Given their fight, Thor is at least Class 95 ( Thor outright grappled with Hulk, and while he was exerting himself harder, he was matching force for force, that points to it being pretty close ). Iron Man I'd say is somewhere in the 50-70 range; he's definitely well less strong than Hulk or Thor, but how much less is hard to determine given his dearth of good raw strength feats. Captain America is about Class 5; he's definitely super strong, but on a relatively street level caliber. Loki is a tough one; he's not so tough that Cap can't at least make him blink, but he's strong enough that he can have fairly extended fights with Thor as long as he's got a suitable weapon. I'm inclined to say Loki's somewhere in the same rough range as Iron Man.

Well, using the comic versions, strength wise, Hulk and Thor are both Class 100 ( exactly who is stronger depends on a *lot* of factors, but their one on one fights are almost always portrayed as even matches that go on a long time ), Iron Man is about Class 80, and everyone else is way the heck further down. Loki is something like Class 20, which is sadly puny for an Asgardian, though not direly relevant given his magical abilities.

While Hulk isn't as strong in the movies as in the comics, I'd say he still makes a good benchmark. Lets call him Class 100. Given their fight, Thor is at least Class 95 ( Thor outright grappled with Hulk, and while he was exerting himself harder, he was matching force for force, that points to it being pretty close ). Iron Man I'd say is somewhere in the 50-70 range; he's definitely well less strong than Hulk or Thor, but how much less is hard to determine given his dearth of good raw strength feats. Captain America is about Class 5; he's definitely super strong, but on a relatively street level caliber. Loki is a tough one; he's not so tough that Cap can't at least make him blink, but he's strong enough that he can have fairly extended fights with Thor as long as he's got a suitable weapon. I'm inclined to say Loki's somewhere in the same rough range as Iron Man.

as do I. If Hulk is class 100, I would say Thor is around 80-95. Ironmsan I would put lower, at like yeah, 55. Loki I would put at 50. And Cap at 15.

I want to change my answer to Thorbuster armor.

tell me again Stark couldnt take on Thor?

Well, the one time Stark fought Thor in that Thorbuster armor, the armor got ripped to pieces lol

Thor literally beat him out of his Thorbuster armor, which makes sense because he has to be more powerful than IM.

IM is the brains and Thor is a powerhouse, if you make the brains as powerful as the powerhouse it would render him useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"