Iron Man 3 New weapons and abilities

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
I made a similar thread in the Thor 2 forums so I decided to make one for Iron Man 3 as well.

What new weapons and abilities to you all want to see from Iron Man that has been either downplayed or not shown at all so far.

I want to see the big honkin' plasma gun that's twice as big as he is. Yeah, the one from MVC.

I want to see the big honkin' plasma gun that's twice as big as he is. Yeah, the one from MVC.

Hahahahahaha I was actually thinking about including that in the poll as I was making it.

Personally I want to see Stealth, maybe have Tony borrow the idea from the Helicarrier.

Last edited:
Or like Ulty Thor's anime hammer. lol Hems complained the regular hammer was "clumsy" imagine what he say about the Ulty hammer? lol

I want to see the floor punch. He's landed like that a few times, but I want to see him do damage to people and things on the ground that way, like in the first IM game (which is a guilty pleasure of mine).

If they did EMP bursts, would you be afraid it would seem like it's trying to copy and overshadow the EMP's relevance in TDKR?

I want to see the floor punch. He's landed like that a few times, but I want to see him do damage to people and things on the ground that way, like in the first IM game (which is a guilty pleasure of mine).

Yeah that would be awesome, he did something similar to Thor in TA.

If they did EMP bursts, would you be afraid it would seem like it's trying to copy and overshadow the EMP's relevance in TDKR?

Nah I wouldn't, he would probably be using them on military weapons or robotic suits so it would seem different enough.

I would love to see a ground punch in a iron man movie wouldn't mind seeing a force field either

I want to see some bona-fide heavy lifting, so far it doesn't even seem like MCU IM is any stronger than Spidey.

I really, really want to see him catch a plane. (Not really a new ability, but, still.)

Energy shields would be awesome.

Pulse bolts.

Stealth.

Oh, and I want to see Tony be inventive with chewing gum and duct tape. He's made armor out of prison utensils once in the comics. Something like that. I know he's done the armor out of a box of scraps, but imo, that never gets old.

Yeah I want to see him catch a plane too, he definately could use a bona fide "jaw dropping" strength feat.

Energy Shields are also high on my list, he suit gets damaged in every movie you would think he'd have shields by now.

i voted Unibeam like a chump. lol

but energy shields! I would love to see that as a nod to the unbreachable energy barrier surrounding the tesseract in The Avengers. or stealth mode as a nod to the Helicarrier. He's freaking Tony Stark, always inclusive with the information he gathers.

lol Proton Canon!!
2495708_o.gif

IronManCannon_001.jpg

He only ever used it once in the comics.
photoncannonub8.png

[YT]BPOUdGuSi-g[/YT]

Last edited:
We only got to see the unibeam once, right? when he fights with Iron Monger at low power?
I would like to see a full power shot.

We only got to see the unibeam once, right? when he fights with Iron Monger at low power?
I would like to see a full power shot.

Not true. He shot Thor with a unibeam and two repulsers after his suit hit 400% capacity.
[YT]cA5TSexI8Pw[/YT]

I just want him to surprise us with something. All of the movies with Iron Man have had him pull a surprising moment with his tech. In the first, it was the bullet move he used on the terrorists holding human shields. In the second, it was the spinning laser move that destroyed the drones. In The Avengers, it was the badass suit-up moment as he fell toward the ground.

Something he does in IM3 has to leave me with my eyes widened and jaw dropped.

I just want him to surprise us with something. All of the movies with Iron Man have had him pull a surprising moment with his tech. In the first, it was the bullet move he used on the terrorists holding human shields. In the second, it was the spinning laser move that destroyed the drones. In The Avengers, it was the badass suit-up moment as he fell toward the ground.

Something he does in IM3 has to leave me with my eyes widened and jaw dropped.

Don't forget the tank missile.

I'd want a huge ass EMP bomb that just ****s **** up for a three mile radius!

I hope the unibeam get's bigger, it's pretty unimpressive in the MCU.

I think Helicarrier-style Stealth would be an awesome thing for him to pull off, and probably the most natural, but the big cannon would make me quite happy. I can't imagine what he would need to shoot with it. Maybe something in space?

the black stealth armor would be good to see. If the plot included the angle that he didn't have much (if anything) in actual weapons on it (like the comics), it could create some tension if he were to have to get into an extended battle (which of course, implies that stealth was not 100%).. anyway.. :)

Great ideas guys, keep em coming! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"