New York Comic-Con (Marvel Legends News)

Invincible

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/041808marvellegends.html
Fan speculation has been rampant lately with the announcement that Marvel Legends Series 4, featuring new characters Nova and Tigra and a build-a-figure Nemesis, was listed as "cancelled by manufacturer" on numerous retail sites. Well, it wasn't cancelled so much as re-assigned. The wave will now be exclusive to Wal-Mart in December, according to their display case at this weekend's New York Comic-Con, located at the Marvel booth.

Spreading the love, Hasbro also revealed a Target-exclusive wave, which will hit in September: Union Jack, Adam Warlock, Spiral (with gold variant), Silver Savage (the gladiator Surfer from "Planet Hulk"), X-Force outfit Wolverine and black-outfit Spider-Man will combine their extra pieces to build a massive Red Hulk.

Additionally, the second wave of Hulk Legends was finally confirmed, with Grey Hulk, "World War Hulk" Hulk, Skaar: Son of the Hulk and Doc Samson providing the last four pieces to build Fin Fang Foom in September. (The Red King and Valkyrie seem to be missing in action.) Aditionally, a line of figures based on the Hulk video game will hit in August, with another grey Hulk (in the movie scale) and a redesigned Bi-Beast.

The Iron Man movie line will keep going into the fall, with a Captain-America Iron Man armor hitting in September and a Stealth armor hitting in October.

Army builders will be thrilled about some upcoming Marvel Legends two-packs. A Nick Fury with an extra SHIELD agent head will come with a Hand ninja in October, and a Skrull (with swappable Super Skrull parts) will come with a Kree warrior at the same time. There will also be a third two-pack coming out in August: Forge and Wolverine (X-Men training uniform) will hit at the same time as Ultimate Cap/Nick Fury and Ronin/Elektra. Elektra will also come with an interchangeable Skrull head.
legends1.JPG

legends2.JPG

legends3.JPG

Some don't look so great.I don't think I'll get too many.

No prob.So here is what I'm getting

ML4{Now Walmart exc.}
1st app. Daredevil
Nova
Tigra

ML5{Now target exc.}
Adam Warlock{I just brought the Infinity Gauntlet TPB.If I like him in it I'll get him}
Union Jack
Symboite spidey{a Maybe as I have the original from Spider-man Classics.}

Two packs
Hand Ninja/Sheild Agent

I don't like the fact they are exclusive to certain stores.That just doesn't seem right to me.Maybe once a year but two important waves done as exclusives?What the hell Hasbro?

I'm not gonna get any of it, its sucks for Canada i guess, since we don't have a target here.

Oh and the hulk series since I want Fing fan foom.But Doc samson sucks.

meh bi beast actually looks amazing... but some still need washes hasbro

Aww CRAP! No Targets here... and here Wal Marts have a knack to not restock MLs properly... (Overstocking Apocalypse and never Restocking Giant Man wave... No SpideyML, F4ML, but overstocking the five inchers from hell...) Seems like The brood Queen wave will be my last HML series... frigging Hasbro... well it looks like I'll be using my Action figure money for something else...

i must say... its gonna be hard as hell 2 find either series of that here in LA.... target never restocks... and theres very few walmarts in LA

i'll be getting quite a bit...Silver Savage, the Hulk waves...i'm tempted to do the Target wave so i can do the red hulk...

It just seems like bad business to have 2 exclusive waves in one year.

it's really kind of a lame idea. but regardless, i'll have some spare figs from the target wave. i'll just be getting those for the red hulk pieces. the only 2 i'm gonna keep are silver savage and maybe the black suited spidey. i know for a fact i won't find anyone that will actually want that lame looking wolverine though.

I creamed my pants on the Kree Soldier....hpoing for Blue Varients...

And I am very very very mad that I'll have to buy the Crappy Bi Beast for Foomer then later see an AWESOME looking Bi Beast sitting on shelves

Also....Damn Hasbro Joints all over Adam Warlock....Damn reusing TBML6 Wolverine AGAIN!!!!

And Damn Target exclusive....grrrr........also.....Damn Losing Valkyrie........

only thanks here is for Making BAF red Hulk...which I say I won't get but will.....so I don't need to get Black Wolverine and Black Spidey.

I do love that the Army builder figs are ultra articulated and high quality

sorry for being so pic heavy.

What are you, kidding me? MORE pics please! As many as you want! :woot:

I noticed Union Jack, and Doc Samson all look better than their initial photographs a few months back...Bi-Beast too, iirc.

All will be mine. :woot:

No prob.So here is what I'm getting

I don't like the fact they are exclusive to certain stores.That just doesn't seem right to me.Maybe once a year but two important waves done as exclusives?What the hell Hasbro?

Same here. But if they're going to do that, why is Toys r Us not included?

I creamed my pants on the Kree Soldier....hpoing for Blue Varients...

And I am very very very mad that I'll have to buy the Crappy Bi Beast for Foomer then later see an AWESOME looking Bi Beast sitting on shelves
Rough that Bibeast isn't part of the Foomer Hulk wave.The wave is WWH Hulk,Gray Hulk,Doc Samson and Skaar:Son of Hulk.

I do love that the Army builder figs are ultra articulated and high quality

Yea, I don't get that. Warlock has crap joints, but Army builders are ultra articulated???

Makes me worry that since extra articulation cost more, the two packs will have a more limited release.

Or the price point on them will be higher, like $30, to pay for the cost of the extra plastic for joints and the swappable body parts.

I'll definitely be getting that Nick Fury if I can find him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"