• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

News on the new Blade series

The Blade

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm new to this site but have been a long time comic fan for years. :O

I was just wondering what was the latest on the new Blade comic? Thanks.

haven't heard anything. I doubt we'll be seeing one anytime soon. They tried a new series when the second movie came out, when he would have been at the HEIGHT of his rivival popularity, but it didn't do very well. And if it didn't do well then it's not going to do well anytime soon.

Really I think few comics fans would be the least bit interested in a new blade series unless some HUGE talent like Jim Lee or Bryan Hitch or GEoff Johns or somebody like that was behind the wheel

Elijya said:
haven't heard anything. I doubt we'll be seeing one anytime soon. They tried a new series when the second movie came out, when he would have been at the HEIGHT of his rivival popularity, but it didn't do very well. And if it didn't do well then it's not going to do well anytime soon.

Really I think few comics fans would be the least bit interested in a new blade series unless some HUGE talent like Jim Lee or Bryan Hitch or GEoff Johns or somebody like that was behind the wheel

A new blade series will be starting in september. Written by the current writer of Wolverine. There hasn't been any news about for a while though

even money it doesn't make it past issue 15

whats the point if we know its gonna get canned anyway?

I wonder why Blade can sell so well in movie form but not in comic form. That's just weird.

do the people who see the movies even know about the comics?

Not the mainstream viewers, but I'm fairly certain almost every single comic reader has seen the Blade movies. I never really bought any Blade series because they were never even remotely like the movies. The last one I remember had Bart Sears on art (strike one) with Blade bare-chested in a trenchcoat (strike two), and the plot sounded bad (strike three). Having the bad luck to get Sears and a bad plot suck, I guess, but what really confused me about it was why they didn't present Blade in the movie costume. You've got a recognizable costume for the dude that people expect to see him in... why wouldn't you use it? It's like making a Superman comic where Clark flies around in street clothes the whole time. :confused:

i remember when i first learned of blade. where else but the spider-man AS. i thought he was pretty cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"