Apocalypse Next movies for the X-Men universe

TheNewSlayer

Civilian
Reaction score
After X-Men Apocalypse we know that next movie is Wolverine 3. But after that what's next?

Is there any official info about it or just fan speculation?

Gambit , Deadpool 2, and New Mutants are rumored, but none have set release dates yet.

Gambit , Deadpool 2, and New Mutants are rumored, but none have set release dates yet.

I wish there was a rumor about X-Men 7.

All I heard in some interviews that if they do a next x-men movie is suppose to be in the 90s.

I can see the next X-Men trilogy be like this:

X-Men 7: 1993
X-Men 8: 2003
X-Men 9: 2013

And someday finally catch up with the future in 2023 of DOFP. That future on the ending of the movie where everything is ok.

I think Gambit would be best introduced in a X-film then his own solo, but who knows? Maybe it would take off and be popular like Deadpool was.

I think Gambit would be best introduced in a X-film then his own solo, but who knows? Maybe it would take off and be popular like Deadpool was.

I agree that Gambit should be introduced in a X-Men movie, or even in the X-Force Movie.

He doesn't deserve a movie and I think might just realize that. The movie was supposed to be out this year and got delayed. Maybe it will get canceled and some other movie will take its place.

I agree that Gambit should be introduced in a X-Men movie, or even in the X-Force Movie.

He doesn't deserve a movie and I think might just realize that. The movie was supposed to be out this year and got delayed. Maybe it will get canceled and some other movie will take its place.

Any character can work with a solo movie, with the right treatment.

Wolverine 3 is filming. Deadpool 2 and New Mutants are all but confirmed. We will see if Fox has sorted out the issues with Gambit soon. But, I think it is a good thing that Fox doesn't have a 20 year plan.

I wish there was a rumor about X-Men 7.

All I heard in some interviews that if they do a next x-men movie is suppose to be in the 90s.

I can see the next X-Men trilogy be like this:

X-Men 7: 1993
X-Men 8: 2003
X-Men 9: 2013

And someday finally catch up with the future in 2023 of DOFP. That future on the ending of the movie where everything is ok.

I don't think they'll go back to the future again and also don't think going to 2013 is necessary. They can start telling long term stories as soon as they catch up to X1 time. Which would mean only one more film not in the X1 present.

What I want:

March 2018:
The New Mutants
-Starring Patrick Stewart in his last X-Men film portraying his iconic role as Professor Charles Xavier
-Also starring Cannonball, Mirage, Sunspot, Magik and Wolfsbane!
-At the end of the film, the New Mutants Squad will be passed on Cyclops portrayed by James Marsden

June 2018:
Deadpool v. Cable
-Cable and Domino make their debut live action film appearance
-Vanessa becomes a mutant and will be called "Copycat" in marketing

March 2019:
X-Men: Rise
-The beloved original cast returns for their fifth film together
-Starring Halle Berry (Storm), James Marsden (Cyclops), Famke Jannsen (Jean Grey), Channing Tatum (Gambit), Anna Paquin (Rogue), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), Ellen Page (Shadowcat), Kelsey Grammer), Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler) and a CGI character (Colossus)
-Story revolves around when two time-displaced mutants, Psylocke (Olivia Munn) and Angel (Ben Foster) arrived for a mysterious mission that would change the mutant community!
-Mr. Sinister and his Marauders which consists of Gambit (Channing Tatum) and silent henchmen such as Vertigo, Blockbuster, Prism and Scalphunter tries to hunt down the time-displaced mutants before the X-Men gets to them first

June 2019:
X-Force
-The long waited mash-up team of Deadool and Cable's mutant team the X-Force
-The X-Force consists of Domino, Shatterstar, Warpath and Rictor with Cable acting as the man in charge!
-Stryfe leads the chaos as the Deadpool and X-Force team-up for the first time to stop Stryfe's madness once and for all!

March 2020
Gambit
-The long delayed Gambit solo film is finally here!
-Story revolves around Gambit (Channing Tatum) as his past begins to hunt him!
-Also starring Rogue (Anna Paquin)

June 2020
Deadpool III
-An end of a trilogy!

March 2021
X-Men: Onslaught
-Mr. Sinister makes his ultimate attack on the X-Men as he unleashes the Onslaught!
-Phoenix VS Onslaught!
-In this movie, not everybody survives
-And will leave the X-Men divided! #TeamStorm (Psylocke, Angel, Rogue, Gambit) and #TeamCyclops (Iceman, Beast, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Colossus)

October 2021
X-Factor
-A new team of mutants explodes into the big-screen featuring never before seen mutants like Multiple Man, Polaris, Forge, Strong Guy and M.
-Street-level heroes

May 2022
X-Men vs. X-Force
-Nuff said!

October 2022
New Mutants & X-Factor
-Nuff said!

I think what I'd like to see is as follows.

In the first trilogy we followed Jackman/Stewart/McKellan through the trials of the early 2000s. Mostly they were dealing with the political and social strife of mutantkind while each of them dealt with the prejudice and intolerance of man in their own way.

In the second trilogy we followed McAvoy/Fassbender/Lawrence throughout the 1900s as they sought to gain a stronger foothold for mutantkind than their predecessors. They (defensively) ended up forming the X-Men much sooner, but both Mystique and Magneto found peace they didn't find in the original trilogy.

The third trilogy should follow Sheridan/Turner/Shipp primarily through the 1990s. The 1990s are a period that blend well enough with the modern day that they don't have to make it into a gimmick (with their clothing, slang, etc). I don't necessarily care which stories they choose for the 90s films or in which order, but it would be interesting if they ended the final movie of the trilogy with Wolverine and Rogue entering the X-Mansion in early 2000s (having both been recasted). Sort of an attempt at coming full circle. McAvoy can take a back seat (sort of) like Jackman did in the FC trilogy.

I think it'd be entertaining to see some or all of the following throughout the trilogy:
Mr. Sinister, Genosha, Ka-Zar and the Savage Land, Lilandra and the Shi'Ar, Asteroid M and mutants in space.

Can't wait!

I think what I'd like to see is as follows.

In the first trilogy we followed Jackman/Stewart/McKellan through the trials of the early 2000s. Mostly they were dealing with the political and social strife of mutantkind while each of them dealt with the prejudice and intolerance of man in their own way.

In the second trilogy we followed McAvoy/Fassbender/Lawrence throughout the 1900s as they sought to gain a stronger foothold for mutantkind than their predecessors. They (defensively) ended up forming the X-Men much sooner, but both Mystique and Magneto found peace they didn't find in the original trilogy.

The third trilogy should follow Sheridan/Turner/Shipp primarily through the 1990s. The 1990s are a period that blend well enough with the modern day that they don't have to make it into a gimmick (with their clothing, slang, etc). I don't necessarily care which stories they choose for the 90s films or in which order, but it would be interesting if they ended the final movie of the trilogy with Wolverine and Rogue entering the X-Mansion in early 2000s (having both been recasted). Sort of an attempt at coming full circle. McAvoy can take a back seat (sort of) like Jackman did in the FC trilogy.

I think it'd be entertaining to see some or all of the following throughout the trilogy:
Mr. Sinister, Genosha, Ka-Zar and the Savage Land, Lilandra and the Shi'Ar, Asteroid M and mutants in space.

Can't wait!
This sounds fantastic. :up:

March 2019:
X-Men: Rise
-The beloved original cast returns for their fifth film together
-Starring Halle Berry (Storm), James Marsden (Cyclops), Famke Jannsen (Jean Grey), Channing Tatum (Gambit), Anna Paquin (Rogue), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), Ellen Page (Shadowcat), Kelsey Grammer), Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler) and a CGI character (Colossus)
-Story revolves around when two time-displaced mutants, Psylocke (Olivia Munn) and Angel (Ben Foster) arrived for a mysterious mission that would change the mutant community!
-Mr. Sinister and his Marauders which consists of Gambit (Channing Tatum) and silent henchmen such as Vertigo, Blockbuster, Prism and Scalphunter tries to hunt down the time-displaced mutants before the X-Men gets to them first

I think if we saw another film with the original cast it'd be fun to revisit Apocalypse. Bring him back, big and bald and beautiful. Grey skinned, blue lipped and wearing some techno-armor. With the cast you listed, all a bit wiser and more powerful and such. Finally a fight with some vulnerability. We don't know who will survive this time around.

Plus Apocalypse just deserves a better attempt if I'm being honest. I actually did like this movie, but if there's one villain that deserves to come back for a second romp (other than Magneto) it's this one. idk what I'd call it though. X-Men: Apocalypse 2?

Or, oooh... X-Men: The Second Coming

Also if you're gonna bring Angel back, make it a resurrection and make him look like this, (Ben Foster or Ben Hardy idc):
2427596-2139251_archangel_h599.jpg

Last edited:
Apocalypse deserves nothing. He is a horribly flat villain in the comic books and a horrible villain in the movies.

LET'S MOVE ON!

I would like the first movie to introduce solid basis of characters and vilain. Then in the second mess it all up with some crazy adventure in space and the Shi'ar.

When they returned it's all messed up on earth, with part a vilain, wich would be linked to the first movie, and part genosha where magneto could be implied. Some crazy conspiracy as grown in the shadows wich after a space adventure could give grounded theme seen in a different view, where human are making some moral statement.

Why not at the very end bring back Apocalypse, or another big vilain, making him face phoenix again, they could both be linked to the Shi'ar. Apoc could have make some twisted moove they didn't know he was folowing them in space (dust powder form power) and he use a Shi'ar space ship for some crazy universal law of the fittest. Like he could learn about the dark side of the moon and use some ancient technology hidden there.

From there it could be coherent that it would end with Magneto creating an island in space for mutant. They could have been drove out of genosha, with a genocide or a mass experiment of Sinister gone mad. Sinister desperate would have allied Apoc in his return wich would have destroyed the island. The human governement would have made mistakes wich would have lead to that catastrophy, partly, wich could enable some thought and introspection on both side.

The most important would still be that they come up with something cohesive, well though, both in character devellopement and the theme faced. Something though from the start as a trilogy. And there is so much material in the comics they need to draw inspiration from it. Take piece. Make a puzzle.

Last edited:
New Mutants
Deadpool 2 - with Cable appearing to set up:
X-Force
Gambit
Main X-Men film with new cast and new recruits

whatever we want is meaningless as long as Kinberg writes one of those mediocre ******** scripts...

Shi'Ar, Mr. Sinister, Dark Phoenix,...they will all be equally bad...

Okay, so now that I'm getting my bearing with what I'd like to see, I think this makes the most sense:

Wolverine: Old Man Logan (2017)
Wolverine retires after making a devastating mistake. Roped back in to get revenge. X-23, Omega Red and maybe a bit more Sabretooth.

New X-Men: (2018)
Set in 1990 I'd like to see the post-Giant Size team (Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Beast, Iceman, Colossus, Xavier) v. Mr. Sinister and Genosha, pregnant Jean (maybe leave out Madelyne Pryor, but who knows). Death of Mystique? Cable comes in at the last moment. "The future sucks again!"

Cable & Deadpool (2018)
Set in modern day? Cable has been around a while, tries to convince the world to heed his warnings, Deadpool gets in his way.

X-Men: The Second Coming (2019)
Apocalypse has returned in 2024 to face the original cast. He's bigger, badder, has new tech. Resurrects Archangel. Final hurrah for the team though probably. This is what Cable was warning them about.

Gambit (2019)
Set in modern day? Bringing back Mr Sinister.

New X-Men: Savage Land (2020)
1992? New team of X-Men are called to action in the antarctic oasis. Maybe Proteus could be incorporated as a threat in this one. In the end discover a crashed space pod with Lilandra.

X-Force (2020)
Modern day. Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Colossus, X-23, Forge? Basically a direct sequel to Deadpool and C&D.

Gambit & Rogue (2021)

New X-Men: Phalanx (2021)
1995? New team meets up with Shi'ar to help defeat techno-organic Phalanx. Tying into Cable's apocalyptic future. Jean sacrifices herself again, cocooned and protected by her alter ego and a cosmic force. Survives, changed.

X-Force sequel (2022)

New X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2023)
Set in 2000. The obvious. No meandering storyline, no side-plots. Just Dark Phoenix in all her glory. Wolverine and Rogue show up at the X-Mansion (call back to X-Men 2000)

IDK. just my immediate thoughts.

Last edited:
You know who we haven't seen yet in these prequel movies? Young Robert Kelly. We've seen Young Stryker twice (three times, counting Origins, which you shouldn't), but no sign of Kelly. Having him show up and survive long enough to become a begrudging ally for the team would go a long way to showing this as the "improved" timeline as opposed to the other one where he dies pointlessly.

Also Gyrich. They killed him in the first movie too, before it even started. Gyrich isn't canon fodder. Bring him in too.

I think you should do all three, but I feel New Mutants will basically be your X-Force, or Cable/Deadpool will supplement them.

I'd give the main X Men series a rest and focus on the film series of Deadpool, X Force, and other parts of the X Men universe and let demand for the mainline X Men film grow by the GA.

Honestly, I gave this another thought but like if Fox is still willing to put the X-Men in the past for like forever, after two underwhelming box-office results from the First Class cast and that there's no going back to the future. I'd rather want them to reboot this whole thing up after Wolverine 3. Yeah sucks for New Mutants but I'd rather see Fox get the X-Men right and in the modern setting... like this would be my plan

Movie 1:
Roster: Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Gambit, Iceman, Angel
Villains: Sentinels, Bolivar Trask, Mastermold
Film ends with the another X-Men team featuring Wolverine, Colossus and the others calling up to Cyclops that they found Professor X

Movie 2:
Roster: Wolverine, Jubilee, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Professor X and Beast
Villains: Magneto, Juggernaut (Xavier's brother), Toad, Avalanche, Mystique and Sabretooth
End with the all X-Men reuniting together at the mansion!

Then for the sequels, continue split them up into squad or teams.

So basically all the essential X-Men members from the comics are already there... as for their origin stories... I would save it for a X-Men Origins TV series especially there's no way that they could accommodate an Origin film for all the X-Men. Each episode would be 44 to 60 minutes long, it would focus on 1 X-Man, they could keep it low key and intimate and at the end, we see them how they ended up in Xavier's mansion. That would be just really cool, it'd be my favorite TV show ever! and the thing with origin stories especially with X-Men, it doesn't require huge sets and visual effects. I guess except for Jubilee's origin.

As for Deadpool/X-force... they could have their own movie verse until its time for them to team up with the reboot version of X-Men. Its not that complicated.

Last edited:
X-men and Fantastic Four
Storm movie

I wouldn't mind a reboot either, but I'd hate to see all the new actors go to waste and I don't think it's really required yet either.

I'd like to see them go for some form of redemption for Apocalypse in the next one. Drop the time jumping gimmick and pick up relatively soon after this one. Erik, seeing the death and destruction he has foisted upon countless innocents, turns himself over to the government. Perhaps an adaptation of Uncanny 200 "The Trial of Magneto" or Beast's arc in the first season of The Animated Series. Keep Mystique & Xavier (maybe Beast & Quicksilver as well) primarily involved with this plot so the kids have some room to breathe.

Mix with something like Uncanny 169-170 - the introduction of the Morlocks, Angel's kidnapping, Storm vs. Callisto's powerless duel. Let us see the team develop as a unit. Show it instead of just speeding through time and telling us it happened. Scott/Jean/Kurt adjusting to teaming with Ororo/Warren (who survived) immediately after the events of Apocalypse creates an interesting dynamic. Give the latter a scene together where they explain their previous actions. They don't need especially great reasons, it's easy to get away with painting teens as irrational and stupid, just give us something.

The only thing I'm not sure of is where to slot in the new Wolverine, because I'd bet money on it happening. The worst box office performers are the ones he didn't lead and that's not going to go unnoticed. If I'm being cynical, he'd most likely just somehow take Storm's part.

Or I suppose they could fast forward another 10 years and pretend this movie never existed. Either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"