NFL - Game On

Schedules are out tonight. Lookie what Purdy and the 49ers have to deal with:

vs Jets, @ Vikings, @ Rams, vs Patriots, vs Cardinals, @ Seattle, vs Chiefs, vs Cowboys, @ Bucs, @ Packers,
@ Bills,
vs Bears, vs Rams, @ Dolphins, vs Lions, @ Cardinals

Have fun with that. SF may not even make the playoffs.
Yeah......that looks nasty and could be more difficult than it appears at first glance. The Jets and Cards, in particular, could really improve. I still expect the 40 whiners to win the division, but that's a schedule that will beat you up.

(I think they have to play the Hawks twice....)

These schedules are tricky. For example, the Eagles schedule:

@ Green Bay (in Brazil)
vs Atlanta
@ New Orleans
@ Tampa Bay
Bye Week
vs Cleveland
@ NY Giants
@ Cincinnati
vs Jacksonville
@ Dallas
vs Washington
@ LA Rams
@ Baltimore
vs Carolina
vs Pittsburgh
@ Washington
vs Dallas
vs NY Giants

Obviously, teams like Dallas and the Bengals will be a challenge. But what about Green Bay? Cleveland? Jacksonville? Tampa Bay? These teams were competitive last year, but only just. Will they present a threat this year? Hard to say.
Having glanced at the schedules, I can only say with certainty that SF has a brutal one. Other than that, its pretty much all specualtion.

You have to remove the "X" and type in "Twitter" in order for the tweet to show up.

I wondered about that, but then decided it was better to add some mystery to my post.....pulling back the curtain and all that. LOL

I just read the Steelers have 3 games in 10 days. I'm not sure If I've seen that many games in such a short period of time?

Dec 15 - @ Eagles
Dec 21 - @ Ravens
Dec 25 - Chiefs

edit: I guess you can take account the Thursday games where teams play 3 games in 11 days. Just one less day of rest.

That sucks. When I had season tickets to the Raiders when they moved back to Oakland, I got to meet some of those guys. They showed up for games and would hang out with the fans. I remember one time, I got to hang out with Fred Biletnikoff. The guy was totally cool and down to earth. He was wearing a kind of a black, wide brimmed stetson, with a big feather sticking up and telling us how him and his family would go to some greasy spoon for breakfast before the game. He also talked about formations and how to handle certain defenses. The thing that really stuck with me though was his take on special teams.....he basically said he didn't have any clue about how to deal with that S***. He said there were too many things that could go wrong and every time you punted or kicked off, it was a total crap shoot.

Super good guy and, man, the Raiders had some characters back then.

I also have a story about Lincoln Kennedy. I didn't talk much to him, and let me tell you, if you were standing next to him, you would be very careful about saying anything. You have no idea just how big that dude is.....

Marcellus Wiley was once asked who he hated to play against the most and he said "Lincoln Kennedy". He said (paraphrase) that the dude went after him like a lion went after a zebra....he was like...WT Effin hell is that S*** about.....LOL

@Karelia thought you might like this post.

I'm usually a big fan of technology. For example, since MLB umpires don't know how to call balls and strikes, I've been screaming for years to have MLB implement the equivalent of cyclops or Hawk-eye in tennis. This change, however, I do not like because I think it's cool to see them carry out the chains to see whether or not it's a first down. There's a certain tension in the process that I find appealing. Maybe they could use it to confirm or override the measurement on the field, but I like the chains.

Jesus, I hate to see stuff like this. I hope he can get his debts wiped clean and gets smarter in the future. At least he's probably got a decent pension he can live off. Maybe he can also make a few bucks because of his status as a former NFL player.

The Patriots are rebuilding greatly with a new Head Coach who is going to have the normal growing pains, and even if they use Brissett he hasn't shown the ability to be some reliable great QB so it's unlikely they'll win more games than the Dolphins and Bills to make the Playoffs.
With a rookie QB starting the Patriots are most likely to be at best a terrible team that wins 4 possibly 5 games, and they'll be a bottom 5 terrible team in the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"