• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Nicholas Hammond was a badass

Well, that was cool and bad at many places but mostly cool since they didn't use CGI...

What I didn't like though is that Spidey was ***** :o He ran away from those Asian dudes way too much LOL...and he needed to talk under the suit more. And the wall crawling was pretty cool but at the same time looked funny when he was crawling LMAO!

Ah, the 70's....

But I agree Nic. Hammond was a bad@$$

Although I've never seen an episode of that show, all the thing's that I have seen from it, look pretty cool, despite what other's say about it.:yay:

There is nothing, and i mean NOTHING, cooler than wall-crawling to a disco beat! :word: :up:

Lol, i was 11 or 12 years old when the original pilot first aired and i absolutely loved it. Looking back as an adult, the show sorely missed key elements such as the death of Uncle Ben, the lesson in responsibility, inclusion of supporting cast from the comics, and sadly, not a single classic Spidey rogue to be found...but at the time, just seeing Spider-Man in costume, sticking to walls, and (occasionally) web-slinging was the thrill of a lifetime.

Thus; this show will always have a place in my heart. :heart: :spidey:

I remember back in the summer of '94, reruns of the Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man would air weeknights on the USA network around oh, 2:00AM (which was ok, but sucked in some ways since there usually wasnt crap on tv unless of course you popped in a VHS tape)! And after having become a rabid comic book fan a few years prior, I quickly devoured anything comic book related that would air on any network (yeah, I even sat thru Generation X ... but only once mind you).
So in short, count me in as another who will always have a special place for the Hammond Spider-Man series. To which I finally obtained the entire series on DVD a few years ago. Good memories. :up:

There is nothing, and i mean NOTHING, cooler than wall-crawling to a disco beat! :word: :up:

Lol, i was 11 or 12 years old when the original pilot first aired and i absolutely loved it. Looking back as an adult, the show sorely missed key elements such as the death of Uncle Ben, the lesson in responsibility, inclusion of supporting cast from the comics, and sadly, not a single classic Spidey rogue to be found...but at the time, just seeing Spider-Man in costume, sticking to walls, and (occasionally) web-slinging was the thrill of a lifetime.

Thus; this show will always have a place in my heart. :heart: :spidey:

Ditto.

I was about 5 when I 1st watched it.

I must've watched that series about 150 times when I was a kid!

Lol!

I was so stoked when I saw the pic in the tv guide showing the Spider-man movie coming on that Wednesday night. I was 11 and had been collecting Spidey for about 2 years. I actually have an original vhs of the pilot. I just watched it a couple of weeks ago! Man, was it cheesy but ah, the memories!
BTW, Fred Waugh was the stuntman who did all the wallcrawling stuff. He climbed the ESB in one episode.

There is actually a scene from one episode I'd love to see. Peter is at a prison and a couple of the cons try to break out. He changes to Spidey and swings down onto the car! That shot was awesome! Someone had posted it on here a long time ago but I can't seem to find it. Anyone?

Spider–Man;12614328 said:
I was so stoked when I saw the pic in the tv guide showing the Spider-man movie coming on that Wednesday night. I was 11 and had been collecting Spidey for about 2 years. I actually have an original vhs of the pilot. I just watched it a couple of weeks ago! Man, was it cheesy but ah, the memories!
BTW, Fred Waugh was the stuntman who did all the wallcrawling stuff. He climbed the ESB in one episode.

There is actually a scene from one episode I'd love to see. Peter is at a prison and a couple of the cons try to break out. He changes to Spidey and swings down onto the car! That shot was awesome! Someone had posted it on here a long time ago but I can't seem to find it. Anyone?

I remember that scene, but dont have a photo of it...

I remember that scene, but dont have a photo of it...

That scene is from the episode called Con Caper.
There's also a very cool scene were Spidey is walking from one rooftop
to another, using a webline as a tight rope. Halfway to the other side he falls
and creates a web net to break his fall.

i love the old 70's spiderman and the theme track still gets people dancing when i d.j. at funk nights. i have all the episodes on the original vhs tapes (not t.v. recorded) i also have 2 mint copies of the pilot movie. if anyone is intrested in a copy p.m. me will save me putting it on ebay. gotta love the cheesy effects and costume and watching as a kid i was just amazed to see spidey on the screen . looking back yeah so you can see the wires, the blue screen work is off and the web spinning isnt all that but as a kid i never noticed the faults and now as an adult i dont care, i still have a very soft spot for the 70's spidey show.

Nicolas Hammond is the f****** man.

He's still the best ever Peter Parker.

I have nothing good to say about that show.

Anyone else wonder just how cool the rouges would have looked on this show?

Anyone else wonder just how cool the rouges would have looked on this show?
Yes, some of Spidey's villains may have translated well (the TV show reinterpreting one's motivation and look wouldnt have been too surprising either), while others probably wouldnt have worked at all. I could imagine a version of maybe Shocker in the show, but I cant see Doc Ock being deemed possible during that specific time frame and budget.

Im thinking Kingpin, Mysterio, Chameleon, Big Man And The Enforcers, Silvermane, Hammerhead...maybe Morbius.

Nicholas Hammond was great as Peter Parker/Spider-Man! I enjoyed watching him play as Spidey. :up:

I saw spidey srikes back and an ep where he fought a bear.
I MTFO when he made a high jump and the Steve Austin sound effect was used.

I think they used a similar sound effect for Captain America as well, in one (or maybe BOTH) of those Cap tv movies...:woot:

Go to youtube, you can now watch complete episodes.

So far, the pilot episode has been posted.
And Con caper has also been posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"