• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World Nicholas Hammond was a badass

that episode with the bear was "the kirkwood haunting" one of the better episodes. i watched that last night along with "the curse of rava" the one with the telekentik priest and the dodgy statue. wonder why its never come out on dvd, that would be cool as all mine are on vhs.

Never seen any of the series, just the Feature films.

To my knowledge, Captive Tower never got released on VHS. And Spidey's eyes looked damn cool in the 2nd season.

Does anyone have a link to the Kirkwood Haunting episode? I've been wanting to see it for a while now.

To my knowledge, Captive Tower never got released on VHS.
Half of that episode is on youtube, the rest isn't.

To my knowledge, Captive Tower never got released on VHS. And Spidey's eyes looked damn cool in the 2nd season.
I really need to make sure if I have this particular episode or not. Bought a 8-9 disc DVD set that was supposed to be the entire series a few years back. Need to make sure now. :O

Hey guys,
just thought Id'e chime in with my 2 cents, love the tv spidey show and the suit so much I picked up an original off a guy in the USA last year. Love it!!!
spidermanhammond.jpg

spideyhammond.jpg

This show was awesome back in the day. The theme tune with that 70s funk is a classic. For what this show was in its time, was pretty damn good. I loved how there was lots of wall crawling and classic spidey poses, something the Raimi movies completely missed the mark with. Nick Hammond was great, and I'd rather watch these rather silly episodes than Raimi's borefests.

Hey guys,
just thought Id'e chime in with my 2 cents, love the tv spidey show and the suit so much I picked up an original off a guy in the USA last year. Love it!!!
spidermanhammond.jpg

spideyhammond.jpg

Very nice.

So tell us, how much did it set you back?

This show was awesome back in the day. The theme tune with that 70s funk is a classic. For what this show was in its time, was pretty damn good. I loved how there was lots of wall crawling and classic spidey poses, something the Raimi movies completely missed the mark with. Nick Hammond was great, and I'd rather watch these rather silly episodes than Raimi's borefests.

I think there is a lot to be said for the fact that the score on the films is just default Danny Elfman, and completely misses the mark of Spider-Man territory.

By comparison the 70's live action theme on the initial pilot completely gets Spider-Man. Spider-Man music is supposed to be funky and up, not a snooze fest.

Ah! I loved those episodes. I think i still have the movie of it...one of them at least....somewhere.

anyone got any ideas on how to get these from vhs to my laptop then onto youtube. i have every episode and would love to get them uploaded.

I'm pretty sure you need to buy a special card so that you can run your vhs player on your monitor and then convert the files. Best thing to do is ask on a tech forum.

cheers mate i thought i may need some sort of card. going to look into it and give it a go, then we can all enjoy em.

This was a "fun" and "haha, thats badass" style show and all, but dont go crazy. Even though Nicholas Hammond was a better Peter Parker, this show AND ITS FUNK SCORE are not better than the 'vies.

Very nice.

So tell us, how much did it set you back?

Thanks man, it set me back $2000. A bit? Yeah!! but it was worth every penny as I have waited for many years to snap one up.
Cheers, Todd.:yay:

This was a "fun" and "haha, thats badass" style show and all, but dont go crazy. Even though Nicholas Hammond was a better Peter Parker, this show AND ITS FUNK SCORE are not better than the 'vies.

Yes it is.

It's much more 'Spider-Man' than the movies generic Elfman score that could belong to any superhero or Tim Burton film.

Hey guys,
spidermanhammond.jpg

spideyhammond.jpg

Looks great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back