The Dark Knight Rises Nicolas Cage ‘Would Love To Play A Supervillain’ In ‘Batman 3’

Congo Jack

Chad Sexington
Reaction score
Caleb Goellner @ MTV said:
MTV News wanted to find out if the KNOWING star would be interested in lending his talents to a decidedly darker kind of character — namely, a costumed villain in Christopher Nolan's Batman franchise.

“I would love to play a supervillain. I think that would be a whole lot of fun,” Cage told MTV News, welcoming an invite to take on the Batman. “Yeah. If they call and invite me, I’d do it. Certainly.”

With his enthusiasm revealed, MTV News asked Cage if there’s a specific villain he’d like to play. There are plenty of antagonists to choose from, many of whom might benefit from Cage’s experience playing criminals. While the colorful Ra’s Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Two-Face and The Joker have already been claimed in “Batman Begins” and “The Dark Knight,” Cage acknowledged Nolan’s previous Bat foes and liked the thought of joining their ranks.

“There have been so many good ones already,” said Cage, “It’s a good idea.”
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/03/2...would-love-to-play-a-supervillain-in-batman-3

I'd sooner not see Cage in any of Nolan's Batman movies, but a purely hypothetical discussion of who he could play might be good. Hush seems to be the best fit.

I appreciate Cage's enthusiasm. Knowing he's a meganerd for comics, it's great he's looking forward to the films. But Cage is lackluster in acting, and I'd much rather be alongside watching the film with him, than for him to be on the screen.

I like Cage's movies, they're fun and never unwatchably bad. I think he could be a rather good fit for the Riddler.

forum_9cc7260a_Noooooo.jpg

I appreciate Cage's enthusiasm. Knowing he's a meganerd for comics, it's great he's looking forward to the films. But Cage is lackluster in acting, and I'd much rather be alongside watching the film with him, than for him to be on the screen.
Heh. This pretty much sums up my sentiment exactly.

Please God no. His acting makes me sick.

He would have made an interesting Joel Schumacher Scarecrow...

Yeah didn't he name his son Kal-El? That's pretty cool if you ask me :woot:

Shave his head and make him Calendar Man. Have him in only a cameo like Scarecrow in Dark Knight. There, done.

he'd make a great villain..

..in a Ratner movie

So Cage would love to play a villain in the TDK sequel, huh? Well, people in hell would love a wetbar. It's good to want things.

You guys are way off. Like I said earlier, Hush... or Louie the Lilac.

Louie_the_Lilac_Milton_Berle.jpg

"See how hard you make me, angel?"

wtf dude?

I wouldn't call him lackluster, more that he's become...lazy and comfortable recently. Matchstick Men, Leaving Las Vegas, Adaption, these are not lackluster. Sure he has a certain type but then so does Christian Bale. he's a better actor than Bale that's fer sure

Crazy Quilt. That is....inspired.

he could play a low-key villain uno one thathasn't been shown before. i mean he was good in Face Off but i'd rather see John Travolta in a bat film cos hes just nuts lol

What's with the Cage hate? He is a great actor. Sure his last few films have been absolute dog **** and he hasn't really put that much effort in. But his last few roles haven't really required much effort.

Anyone who says he is a crap actor doesn't have a clue about acting or hasn't seen his best films and performances. Just watch Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, Matchstick Men, Adaption and even Lord of War was pretty decent. They are just off the top of my head.

I bet most of the people hating on him haven't seen his best roles. It's like me saying Bob De Niro is a mediocre actor after only seeing Rocky and Bullwinkle and those crap Meet the Parents films.

You give Nic Cage a role he can really immerse himself into, really get his teeth into, and he would be brilliant. Guaranteed.

Notice that most of his best roles are edgy, erratic sometimes eccentric characters. I think he could be a pretty good Riddler.

Cage does a good job every 10 movies.. He was better when he was younger

:hehe:

No, he does a good job when he has a good, interesting role. He is perfect as those kooky, slightly unhinged characters. And when he was the actual bad guy for a while in Face/Off he was brilliantly disturbed. There is just something about him that makes me think he could be a brilliant comic book villain.

But granted, I dunno bout a Bat-villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"