26 launch classics for Wii Virtual Console

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Monday 11-Sep-2006 11:37 AM Tasty list of retro downloadables; plus Wii chips ship and OS upgradable online

The Nintendo Wii's list of classic titles available via its Virtual Console download service will number at least 26 games, and will some of the best-loved retro games ever, if Play-Nintendo is to be believed.

The publication reckons its information came from: "A trustworthy source", and the list does appear to be pretty credible - including the likes of Castlevania, Duck Hunt, Excitebike, F-Zero, Metroid, various versions of Mario Kart, The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros.

Meanwhile, other Wii news continues to emerge at a steady rate, ahead of Nintendo's big announcement this Thursday. IBM has confirmed that it has started shipping the Broadway processor chip that will power the Wii, although neither it nor Nintendo will reveal its technical specifications yet.

And C&VG.com has learned that the Wii's operating system will be updatable via the online service - as is the modern practice with consoles that can be hooked up to the Web, such as the Xbox 360. Which should help combat hacking and facilitate patches for buggy games, as well as let Nintendo add to the Wii's abilities as it moves through its life-cycle.

The full list of those Virtual Console launch games is as follows:

Bonk's Adventure
Castlevania
Duck Hunt
Excitebike
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda, The
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Metroid
Mortal Kombat
New Adventure Island
Ninja Gaiden
OutRun
Pac-Man
Prince of Persia
Punch-Out
R-Type
Rayman 2
Sonic the Hedgehog
Star Fox
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Tecmo Bowl

Galactus said:
Monday 11-Sep-2006 11:37 AM Tasty list of retro downloadables; plus Wii chips ship and OS upgradable online

The Nintendo Wii's list of classic titles available via its Virtual Console download service will number at least 26 games, and will some of the best-loved retro games ever, if Play-Nintendo is to be believed.

The publication reckons its information came from: "A trustworthy source", and the list does appear to be pretty credible - including the likes of Castlevania, Duck Hunt, Excitebike, F-Zero, Metroid, various versions of Mario Kart, The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros.

Meanwhile, other Wii news continues to emerge at a steady rate, ahead of Nintendo's big announcement this Thursday. IBM has confirmed that it has started shipping the Broadway processor chip that will power the Wii, although neither it nor Nintendo will reveal its technical specifications yet.

And C&VG.com has learned that the Wii's operating system will be updatable via the online service - as is the modern practice with consoles that can be hooked up to the Web, such as the Xbox 360. Which should help combat hacking and facilitate patches for buggy games, as well as let Nintendo add to the Wii's abilities as it moves through its life-cycle.

Bonk's Adventure
Castlevania
Duck Hunt
Excitebike
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda, The
Mario Kart 64
Metroid
Mortal Kombat
New Adventure Island
Ninja Gaiden
OutRun
Pac-Man
Prince of Persia
Punch-Out
R-Type
Rayman 2
Sonic the Hedgehog
Star Fox
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Tecmo Bowl

2 of my favorite old-school games. :up:

Galactus said:

Bonk's Adventure
Castlevania
Duck Hunt
Excitebike
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda, The
Mario Kart 64
Metroid
Mortal Kombat
New Adventure Island
Ninja Gaiden
OutRun
Pac-Man
Prince of Persia
Punch-Out
R-Type
Rayman 2
Sonic the Hedgehog
Star Fox
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World

Tecmo Bowl

Even though its not Star Fox 64 thats cool & will these games have added online play ?

I doubt they will have online components. It's possible though.

Awesome list by the way. I missed out on the NES generation, and was young during the SNES times. This'll let me catch up. Woot.

Panophobia said:
I doubt they will have online components. It's possible though.

Awesome list by the way. I missed out on the NES generation, and was young during the SNES times. This'll let me catch up. Woot.

NAH, THEY'LL JUST BE THE ORIGINAL GAMES......NOT LIKE WHAT 'MS' IS DOING WITH ALOT OF THEIR 'XBLA' TITLES AT ALL.

Galactus said:

Bonk's Adventure
Castlevania
Duck Hunt
Excitebike
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda, The
Mario Kart 64
Metroid
Mortal Kombat
New Adventure Island
Ninja Gaiden
OutRun
Pac-Man
Prince of Persia
Punch-Out
R-Type
Rayman 2
Sonic the Hedgehog
Star Fox
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Tecmo Bowl

All of these I want to download on opening day. :O

THWIP* said:
NAH, THEY'LL JUST BE THE ORIGINAL GAMES......NOT LIKE WHAT 'MS' IS DOING WITH ALOT OF THEIR 'XBLA' TITLES AT ALL.

Oh well, the VC will have better titles than XBLA anyways.

Galactus said:

Bonk's Adventure
Castlevania
Duck Hunt
Excitebike
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda, The
Mario Kart 64
Metroid
Mortal Kombat
New Adventure Island
Ninja Gaiden
OutRun
Pac-Man
Prince of Persia
Punch-Out
R-Type
Rayman 2
Sonic the Hedgehog
Star Fox
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Tecmo Bowl

thats my list

Galactus said:
Castlevania
Duck Hunt
Excitebike
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Star Fox
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario World

I need more money :(

Gammy79 said:
No Star Fox 64??? :(

It will come. Star Fox 64 is not only the best star fox game, but also the best on rail shooter of all time.

Is it just me or should the download list just be a tad bit longer.

Spidey-Bat said:
It will come. Star Fox 64 is not only the best star fox game, but also the best on rail shooter of all time.

Panzer Dragoon Orta is a VERY close second, but yeah, I pretty much agree with what you said :up:

I can't wait :O

I swear to god if Kid Icarus does not ship with the first batch of Virtual Console games I will be pissed :cmad:

Oh, and I want an Icarus remake for Wii too... That should be announced at TGS :cmad:

I'll definitely be getting Mario Kart 64, Kid Icarus, Legend of Zelda and Duck Hunt.... and depending on if Rayman: RR and SM Galaxy arent good, then Rayman 2 and SM 64.

**** a remake. Let's get a whole new Icarus Action/Adventure game for the Wii. Kid Icarus could be Nintendo's answer to God of War, albeit without the blood and boobs GoW unnecessarily had.

Spidey-Bat said:
**** a remake. Let's get a whole new Icarus Action/Adventure game for the Wii. Kid Icarus could be Nintendo's answer to God of War, albeit without the blood and boobs GoW unnecessarily had.

BUT WHY NO TEH BOOBAHS!?

:cmad:

Panophobia said:
BUT WHY NO TEH BOOBAHS!?

:cmad:
Boobs* are great in real life, but they aren't needed in video games. And I don't care to see them on a gorgon :o

*By boobs I mean the nice female kind. Not the ugly female or male kind.

Spidey-Bat said:
Boobs* are great in real life, but they aren't needed in video games. And I don't care to see them on a gorgon :o

*By boobs I mean the nice female kind. Not the ugly female or male kind.

That footnote was uncalled for. Apologize.

Sorry to ask such a stupid question but when does the Wii come out?:O I've looked everywhere and they all say details coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"