26 launch classics for Wii Virtual Console

This is interesting:

Is Nintendo Already Boxing Wii?
Some readers allege they were contacted for a Wii assembly line; new Nintendo job posting backs it up.
by Matt Casamassina

September 11, 2006 - The IGN message boards have run abuzz with allegations from a poster that Nintendo is seeking 150 people to begin packing finished Wii consoles as soon as Tuesday.
Clever users investigated a number of work agencies postings and found recent job openings for Nintendo's North Bend location, which houses the facility that packages and distributes the publisher's products. However, the most compelling job posting is listed directly on Nintendo's official website. Nintendo of America is looking for a production agent trainee to work out of its North Bend facility, and the person will most definitely be handling as many Wii systems as they can get their hands on. Directly from the Nintendo job posting:

• "It's an exciting time to be a part of Nintendo's team! Millions of eager fans are eagerly anticipating the launch of our revolutionary new console, Wii. As a Production Agent Trainee, you'll be on the front-lines--working tirelessly to ensure they don't leave stores empty handed this holiday season.
At least one IGN board poster has applied for the position and will undoubtedly report back with details if he nabs the job. We're keeping our fingers crossed.
In the meantime, the latest allegations - combined with Nintendo's own job posting - seem to back up reports from studios that the console is finished and that the Big N could spring an early launch on consumers if and when it reveals Wii's price and release date later this week.

Mentok said:
We will know this thursday Lizard.

REALLY!?

Amazing, personally I think the Wii is going to win the console war, I mean it might not have graphic capabilities like the PS3 or the 360 but graphics aren't everything. They have nice awesome graphics and amazing controller and very innovative ideas. A fresh breath of air in the video game industry.

I can't wait for the Wii. And it only costs like 200 bucks. That's a huge advantage over Sony and Microsoft. Can't wait for this thursday.

You're thoughts?

THE LIZARD#1 said:
REALLY!?

Amazing, personally I think the Wii is going to win the console war, I mean it might not have graphic capabilities like the PS3 or the 360 but graphics aren't everything. They have nice awesome graphics and amazing controller and very innovative ideas. A fresh breath of air in the video game industry.

I can't wait for the Wii. And it only costs like 200 bucks. That's a huge advantage over Sony and Microsoft. Can't wait for this thursday.

You're thoughts?

I'll share my thoughts. :woot:

I absolutely agree with what you said. The controller is mainly what does it for me, the possibilites are amazing and endless. That, and Nintendo makes THE best first party games.

Could Nintendo surpise people and announce a launch date that could take place in October?

War Party said:
Could Nintendo surpise people and announce a launch date that could take place in October?

That's actually a big possibility. Though it would probably be at the end of October.

War Party said:

They could. I dont expect it to launch before November 12th though.

Mentok said:
They could. I dont expect it to launch before November 12th though.
You think so? I think they'll launch at least a week befor the PS3.

Also, have preorders opened for it yet? :huh:

War Party said:
This is interesting:

Is Nintendo Already Boxing Wii?
Some readers allege they were contacted for a Wii assembly line; new Nintendo job posting backs it up.
by Matt Casamassina

September 11, 2006 - The IGN message boards have run abuzz with allegations from a poster that Nintendo is seeking 150 people to begin packing finished Wii consoles as soon as Tuesday.
Clever users investigated a number of work agencies postings and found recent job openings for Nintendo's North Bend location, which houses the facility that packages and distributes the publisher's products. However, the most compelling job posting is listed directly on Nintendo's official website. Nintendo of America is looking for a production agent trainee to work out of its North Bend facility, and the person will most definitely be handling as many Wii systems as they can get their hands on. Directly from the Nintendo job posting:
  • "It's an exciting time to be a part of Nintendo's team! Millions of eager fans are eagerly anticipating the launch of our revolutionary new console, Wii. As a Production Agent Trainee, you'll be on the front-lines--working tirelessly to ensure they don't leave stores empty handed this holiday season.
At least one IGN board poster has applied for the position and will undoubtedly report back with details if he nabs the job. We're keeping our fingers crossed.
In the meantime, the latest allegations - combined with Nintendo's own job posting - seem to back up reports from studios that the console is finished and that the Big N could spring an early launch on consumers if and when it reveals Wii's price and release date later this week.

Nintendo does not waste time

What are the games you guys are mostly looking forward to playing?

I wonder if Nintendo will make some original games for the Virtual Console also. Like simple 2-D ones and such

hippie_hunter said:
I wonder if Nintendo will make some original games for the Virtual Console also. Like simple 2-D ones and such

Yeah they stated that there would be original games on the VC.

rashad said:
Yeah they stated that there would be original games on the VC.

Awesomesauce! I'm really hoping that Metroid II and Link's Awakening will get some much needed updating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"