No Man's Land

Robin91939

Master Tim
Reaction score
I know almost all that happened during the course of No Man's Land. I have a lot of the individual issues. But I am missing the full scope of the story and don't want to have to pay about 80 dollars on the individual volumes. Is there a hardcover that includes all of the volumes? Or is there somewhere that I could get a deal on buying all at once? I want to read the story in its entirety, any help?

-R

There's no hardcover containing the whole story as far as I know. Your best chance would be to search ebay. You might find a cheap deal of all the volumes on there.

How would you feel about reading the novel? It was written by Greg Rucka and I thought it was fantastic. Very engaging and in depth.

Yeah the novel keeps getting reccomended, which is always a good sign.

Otherwise, try eBay, it's in like 5 volumes I think, not including Cataclysm and for completeness sake Contagion and the other one, um, can't remember it right now...

novel is decent, and fairly well written for this type of story. cheap too.

The novel omitted the entire New Batgirl arc though, didnt it?

Um not sure, but if it did it was probably because of the whole sexually degrading torture thing. Although strange that they would visually realize it in the comics and not in the book, which would essentially leave it up to the reader to visualize.

no, the new batgirl arc was in there. Huntress as batgirl, then cassie, then her dad arrives in town. They pretty much cover all the major plot points and some of the minor ones too.

i thought the sexually degrading torture was the girl robin tho?

Didn't she start out as Batgirl then change to girl Robin? We're talking Stephanie Brown right? I'm sure she was a Batgirl/woman for a period of time before coming girl Robin.

you can download the whole thing pretty easily, do a search on torrentz.com

Didn't she start out as Batgirl then change to girl Robin? We're talking Stephanie Brown right? I'm sure she was a Batgirl/woman for a period of time before coming girl Robin.

no i dont think thats correct? she was spoiler before.
can someone confirm?

She was Spoiler definitely, but i'm sure i've seen a picture of her in a Bat-outfit.

I mean it's 99% i'll be wrong, but i'm sure i've seen a picture. Maybe i'm getting Cassie and Stephanie mixed up.

Anyways, back to topic, it's all in the book apparently!

The novel is the best bet. Very well written, sums it up about as well as you'd ever need it to be. A lot of NML stuff was just fluff and filler.

Hmmmm, interesting, I always presumed the comic would have been the best version of it, but it seems I may have to pick up this book instead/as well as.

The comic might have the best version of it, but a lot of the events leading up to SHELLGAME, ENDGAME, etc, are just awful. Rucka did a great job adapting the important, powerful events of NO MAN'S LAND.

Wicked, i'll check it out then.

I'm all about the art though. I really wanna get the five volumes. I've read Contagion and Legacy, I own them both and I have a lot of Volume 4 in original issues, I just have to pick up Cataclysm and 1-5.

-R

I'd check out eBay then. Even Amazon have some good deals if you don't mind buying pre-owned books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"