How was the Whole No Man's Land thing?

Roughneck

Avenger
Reaction score
I've been sitting on the fence for a while about picking up the No Man's Land Trades and I was just wondering if you folks would say it's worth it.

Thanks

It's good. But y'know, it suffers all the little problems all crossovers do due to the differing writing and art teams.

I would highly suggest picking up the novel by Greg Rucka instead. It's really one of the best things I've ever read.

I thought it was good. Much better than the more recent Batman crossover "War Games"

I liked NML. It made for interesting stories IMO.

Let us not speak of War Games.

I don't like it.

City's broken but Batman throws out Superman. I hated this.

I liked some of the Joker stories and the Two Face stories.

NML was great. It's a huge story. The only thing that bothered me was the multitude of characters. I think it was the story that gave us the brooding son of a **** Batman.

NML was great. It's a huge story. The only thing that bothered me was the multitude of characters. I think it was the story that gave us the brooding son of a **** Batman.

Considering that before then Jason Todd died like a year or two before, plus Bane broke his back, plus Gotham was plagued with a disease, and no it's been completely abandoned. Of course he's going to be a brooding son of a b***h.

Still I feel the three decisive things in Bruce's Brooding Batman are:
1. Jason Todd killed
2.Broken Back Bane
3.NML

It's good. But y'know, it suffers all the little problems all crossovers do due to the differing writing and art teams.

I would highly suggest picking up the novel by Greg Rucka instead. It's really one of the best things I've ever read.

Good thinking...I did enjoy the KNightfall nover over the Comics.....thank

Still I feel the three decisive things in Bruce's Brooding Batman are:
1. Jason Todd killed
2.Broken Back Bane
3.NML

I would add in being framed for murder to that list and I completely agree :up:

I would add in being framed for murder to that list and I completely agree :up:

Bruce has been framed for murder countless times. If he's still wining about this, he should pass on the cape to me...:o

Bruce has been framed for murder countless times. If he's still wining about this, he should pass on the cape to me...:o
Yeah, but that particular story really cemented Batman's need to be Bruce Wayne as well as Batman. It was a definite turning point in his development, IMO.

DC was really exploiting that arc. The even used it in IC.
But I do think he's over it now, but it made him more brooding at the time. I agree.

If you can accept that the government for some reason denies the people of Gotham to get out and that the JLA can't interfere you're going to get a really good story IMO. It changes a bit with some writers but overall I think it's one of the best Batman crossovers.

I loved it!

I thought it was extremely epic, and didnt get HALF the recognition it deserved.

Quite possibly the best Batman story until Hush.

It was a great story line, but was disjointed in some ways. The Two face/Montaya thing was odd but interesting. Seeing the GCPD in a new light was neat, as was seeing Oracle sans her usual machinery. Bats had to go old school and that was cool ... :ghost:

i really dug it. this was also when i first strated reading batman and other comics on a regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"