Superman Returns No Symbol on the Cape?

I never liked the symbol on the cape. It just seemed redundant, he's already got one on his chest, why does he need one anywhere else?

Because it's cool and awesome. look at how poignant this image is.
kaufman_the_death_of_superman.jpg

without the s it's just a torn bedsheet.

I'd be kind of interested to see what a slightly different shade of red \S/ would look like on the cape, kind of a branded or imprinted look, so it's there, but doesn't really jump out at you the way the yellow \S/ does. But then again that might look stupid, I don't know.

When I first saw the new costume, I thought it was pretty weak. I must admit it's grown on me. I don't have aproblem with no \S/ on the back. To be honest, it didn't look very good in the original movies.

I dont buy the S on the cape as a problem, they can CGI everything else but they cant CGI a letter??? WTF is that about?

musclesforsupes said:
I dont buy the S on the cape as a problem, they can CGI everything else but they cant CGI a letter??? WTF is that about?

I think they said that the cape moves more than anything else and would just be too much hassle for something that doesn't matter much.

Mr. Thing said:
I think they said that the cape moves more than anything else and would just be too much hassle for something that doesn't matter much.

Exactly... funny the TAS animators left out the Symbol for the same reason (too hard to animate) and no one was breathing down their neck like some people here do with the Singer Crew.

Oh god, i know what i'm about to say is off topic but i gotta put it out.

Singer chose a dark red so when superman appears on screen, the color can have better control. Notice how that dark red has good highlights that are a regualr red and not glowing pink/orange?

Also on your tv's changing the tint wil probably get the red you want.

Chris M said:
Is this true? And if so, why do we keep moving away from this? Am I the only one who really likes the yellow S?

Thanks,

Chris

No I liked The yellow \s/ on the red cape too , :up: :up:

But I have to say, in The trailer, it looks good without the yellow s on the cape . :supes:

Emrys said:
Exactly... funny the TAS animators left out the Symbol for the same reason (too hard to animate) and no one was breathing down their neck like some people here do with the Singer Crew.

The difference is that TAS was HAND animated not CGI. IF CGI animators can animate clothing that has a pattern on it then it should be no problem to animate an all red cape with 1 symbol on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"